Yes, but only to keep bombs dropping in a straight line9%9% - 16
No, I use 'Bombing Sense'30%30% - 53
No, I dive bomb always9%9% - 17
I ram blackhawks with a j1030%30% - 52
Total: 173
Djbrown
+129|6513|Adelaide, Aussieland
Ive been wondering,

So many people say the HUD is useless for bombing, but i beg to differ. I actively use it all the time and rarely miss. Thats not to say you need the HUD to be a good bomber, but it is strange how few people actually pay any attention to it. I know the majority of people (myself included) will claim they use a 'bombing sense', result of hours of practice to know where bombs will hit most of the time, but does this work often at heights above 150m for example?

Ive created this poll as i simply want to get an idea of how many people use it, and effectively. Im under the impression im the only one who actually reads it, so i made a movie showing what life is like from my point of view. This movie is directly aimed at people who are practicing using the bombs, but cant get them to hit often. Bombing sense may take 10+ hours to fully comprehend, this takes 3 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhvQ_z2okg0

Its a compilation of some of my games from last weekend, i hope everyone can learn something from it and utilise the HUD to its full potential in the future.

As for the parts at the end, the rest of my movies are found by searching my username on youtube.

Last edited by Djbrown (2006-10-23 23:50:50)

Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6525|Bournemouth, South England
Nice vid man! I might take up jetting occasionally now!!! +1
cablecopulate
+449|6755|Massachusetts.
lol @ dropping the bomb, bailing and getting hit. Good stuff there.
Sambuccashake
+126|6628|Sweden
Woah, this was very helpful indeed.

+1!
adv3rsary
+28|6733
all i can say is thank you.. i am pretty good with jets.. vs.. jets = easy.. bombing.. i guess i have a pretty developed bomber sense but i always knew there was a "trick" to it.. cause some people just never miss their targets... and now i know how.. just tried it in am empty server... it's gonna take some practice to time it right but it definetly works ... +1
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6670
no, I do it on feeling. muchos better.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6551|Australia
i fly over CPs and just drop it and pull up. once i got 20 people
Bernadictus
+1,055|6754

Stuka Style.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6659|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
Kamikaze style.
0akleaves
+183|6631|Newcastle UK
na its much more accurate on feeling well when you get it right it is
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
spawnofthemist
Banned
C4 + Nose of jet + enemies = win.
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6719|Australia
That is good for AA but going on feeling is much better.
slicknic
+145|6643
wow that was rediculously accurate.. ill have to try it to prove it to myself.  surely it cant be accurate if your in a turn or something... eh will see.
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6579|Cheshire, UK

SargeV1.4 wrote:

We are not all blessed with the ways of the force and your jedi ways
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6537|Adelaide, South Australia

i ram J-10's with Blackhawks.
dosent always work, but doggamn funny when it does
Hyper
Banned
+154|6768

SargeV1.4 wrote:

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6739|Sydney, Australia
Nah, I use my spidy... mod... bombing sense. I mainly use the F-35 (fuck the J-10) so I have grown quite adapt at bambing on feeling.

How many of you guys tap the pitch down between the bombs dropping? It is mighty fun destroying tanks in one pass - apparantly i'm a hacker.

Mcminty.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6579|Here.

spawnofthemist wrote:

Kamikaze style.
Dont forget to engage afterburner so you crash into the target as hard as possible. Bonus points for causing the enemy to Tk.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6712|Howell, Mi USA
I just ram BH's with the J-10

It gets me Liek 1337 5c0r35 n 1m leik zomg 1m 1337 1n j3t5!!!11

Btw thats a good video for bombing

Last edited by Cbass (2006-10-24 05:37:14)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6578|Southampton, UK

So does it make ANY difference, according to what speed your going?
spawnofthemist
Banned

Knightnifer wrote:

faster you go, the more likely the C4 will do damage by itself.
Djbrown
+129|6513|Adelaide, Aussieland

Knightnifer wrote:

There should never be a need to go slow in the jets unless repairing, and always save afterburner for when you need it. As long as the jet is on full throttle its accurate. dont even bother trying this on a 90* angle.

so it does make a noticeable difference, but you should never alter the speed at which you bomb, thats just making it harder for yourself.
samfink
+31|6572
why not simply go jihad jet style, and pull up before the jet hits he ground?

edit- and how do you drop a bomb in a fighter?

Last edited by samfink (2006-10-24 08:43:59)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6544|Singapore

Djbrown wrote:

Ive been wondering,

So many people say the HUD is useless for bombing, but i beg to differ. I actively use it all the time and rarely miss. Thats not to say you need the HUD to be a good bomber, but it is strange how few people actually pay any attention to it. I know the majority of people (myself included) will claim they use a 'bombing sense', result of hours of practice to know where bombs will hit most of the time, but does this work often at heights above 150m for example?

Ive created this poll as i simply want to get an idea of how many people use it, and effectively. Im under the impression im the only one who actually reads it, so i made a movie showing what life is like from my point of view. This movie is directly aimed at people who are practicing using the bombs, but cant get them to hit often. Bombing sense may take 10+ hours to fully comprehend, this takes 3 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhvQ_z2okg0

Its a compilation of some of my games from last weekend, i hope everyone can learn something from it and utilise the HUD to its full potential in the future.

As for the parts at the end, the rest of my movies are found by searching my username on youtube.
whats the music for the video? btw that vid rocked big time
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6420|Alberta, Canada
The only time I use the HUD for bombing is to make sure I'm level. I just seem to line it up for myself better then.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard