Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6708

arabeater wrote:

Exactly. The Israelis dont have much to worry about as long as the US is their ally.
Other than the fact that the US is slowly becoming less powerful, relatively and in absolute terms.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6684|Long Island, New York
Hey, even as an israeli supporter myself, I'd be fine with Israel returning to the land set in the 1947 Partition plan. Of course, if I was in that position, I'd demand the terrorist attacks stop.
Reciprocity
+721|6727|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Poseidon wrote:

I'd demand the terrorist attacks stop.
Is there a conventional way for Palestinians to fight Israel.  should they hop into their F-16s and go on bombing runs?  Should they load up their Abrams tanks and head for the heart of Jerusalem?  How else should a people with no real government, military, or infrastructure fight Israel, a US backed state?  I dont support what they do but I understand why they do it.   And I don't toss the term "terrorism" around so lightly.  They're fighting the only way they can.
Phrozenbot
+632|6762|do not disturb

Because Israel is oppressing the people to the point of social and economic suffocation.

Last edited by Hellogoodsir (2006-10-24 21:32:23)

arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6827|Colorado Springs, CO

Bubbalo wrote:

arabeater wrote:

Exactly. The Israelis dont have much to worry about as long as the US is their ally.
Other than the fact that the US is slowly becoming less powerful, relatively and in absolute terms.
Explain in what way the US is getting less powerful.
bogo24dk
+26|6652

arabeater wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

arabeater wrote:

Here is one example: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/ba15c01c-5963-1 … e2340.html
History has shown us time and time again that super powers come and go. And to be a super power you need a strong economy to found your war machine. China is one of the country which their economics are going to grow and grow. 20' 30' or maybe 40' years from now they will have a stronger economy then US.

And i am afraid that this assumption of Israel not being able to exist in 50 or 100' years from now without making peace with the Arabs. History is something that you can't escape from it. I can bring dozens and dozens of examples.
BattlefieldMedic
+25|6747|Sydney City, THE city.
Israel and Palestine can, easily, live in peace with one another. Twenty years ago [if the interent was as popular as it is now] this thread could be rephrased to say, "Why can't Egypt and Jordan live in peace with Israel?" Quite obviously, they can. They can even have diplomatic relations now. Trade routes are established. Jordan and Israel even share a city [Eilat and Aqaba]. So how did that result? Jordan and Egypt realised that trying to capture Israel is physically impossible. For all six million Israeli citizens will fight for each square centimetre of land. And even then, almost all male Jews, all over the world, will come in support of their people. I am sure, I hope, that the Palestinian people will realise this and will begin diplomatic relations, for Israel will happily agree.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6708

arabeater wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

arabeater wrote:

There was a time when the US could invade whatever country they wanted, and count on the unwavering support of Europe and parts of the Pacific.  They cannot now.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6708

BattlefieldMedic wrote:

And even then, almost all male Jews, all over the world, will come in support of their people.
I doubt it.

Regardless, everything you have said can also be said about Palestinians, Iranians, and many others.  And they outnumber the Israelis.
bogo24dk
+26|6652

BattlefieldMedic wrote:

Israel and Palestine can, easily, live in peace with one another. Twenty years ago [if the interent was as popular as it is now] this thread could be rephrased to say, "Why can't Egypt and Jordan live in peace with Israel?" Quite obviously, they can. They can even have diplomatic relations now. Trade routes are established. Jordan and Israel even share a city [Eilat and Aqaba]. So how did that result? Jordan and Egypt realised that trying to capture Israel is physically impossible. For all six million Israeli citizens will fight for each square centimetre of land. And even then, almost all male Jews, all over the world, will come in support of their people. I am sure, I hope, that the Palestinian people will realise this and will begin diplomatic relations, for Israel will happily agree.
You either don't know the situation, or are you one of those blind supporters of Israel who is ready to shut his eyes off and just go one with the same untrue facts of the Israeli propaganda machine.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6708
Untrue facts, eh?
bogo24dk
+26|6652

Bubbalo wrote:

Untrue facts, eh?
Ok, ehhh to you to. Explain a little bit more what you don't undestand.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6551|North Carolina

oug wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

But if they resort to suicide, they're as good as dead.
That's the point.

Turquoise wrote:

This is why I feel very little sympathy for them.  I can sympathize with a Western oppressive power far easier than an extremist non-Western culture that resorts to suicide.
Why? Can you understand why they do it? If you did I doubt you'd feel that way.

Turquoise wrote:

Vietnam was a mess that would've required America to just take the Pol Pot approach and kill everything that moves, in order to win.  There are times when I wish we had done that.
No comment.
I know what you're thinking -- I'm a heartless, decadent American who could care less about poor Muslims.

In truth, though, I just tire of the whole "stand up for their rights" idea, despite the fact that they aren't doing anything about their extremists.  As long as the Palestinians and the Lebanese support terror through anger or inaction, I will side with Israel.  There's no point to siding with a losing side that can't even help itself.

Both you and I know that the Islamic World uses Palestine as its reactionary bitch.

Last edited by Turquoise (2006-10-25 18:20:34)

jonsimon
+224|6641

BattlefieldMedic wrote:

Israel and Palestine can, easily, live in peace with one another. Twenty years ago [if the interent was as popular as it is now] this thread could be rephrased to say, "Why can't Egypt and Jordan live in peace with Israel?" Quite obviously, they can. They can even have diplomatic relations now. Trade routes are established.
This is exactly the sentiment I intended to flesh out with this topic.
jonsimon
+224|6641

arabeater wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

arabeater wrote:

Short sighted economic and foreign policy ensure the eventual long term decline of the US economy.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6664|USA
it is because there will always be conflict for the holy land-  read the Bible-
CameronPoe
+2,925|6701

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

Groan. Relıgıon - rıııııgghhhttt. Hıstory class thıs mınute!!!
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6706
Why don't they just change the name of the country, have Palestinians join the army and serve along side Israelis and thats that.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6836|Tampa Bay Florida
IMO both sides are F'ed up.

It's like the entire world goes to a stadium and watches 2 retards try to play a game of monopoly.  They're both retards, so they'll never get it, and they keep breaking rules.  And then you have Iran and the US coming out of the dugout trying to help out who they want to win, only to see them knock over the board and everyone gets pissed.  So eventually it'll keep going until everyone runs out of the dugouts onto the field and has a rumble.  (not calling Israelis or Palestinians retards, just a metaphor)

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-10-26 14:48:16)

jonsimon
+224|6641

CameronPoe wrote:

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

wtf is it just me or are none of your i's dotted?
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6639|Connecticut
Mainly because Israel likes the Yankees and Palestine like the Red Sox. Its about time we all started rooting for the Mets if ya know what I mean.

Last edited by deeznutz1245 (2006-10-26 18:35:17)

Malloy must go
im_in_heaven
+27|6734
The land is israel's not palestine. Look at ooooold maps. The end.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6551|North Carolina

im_in_heaven wrote:

America is also not ours.  Conveniently, the natives didn't keep maps, so we killed most of them.
bogo24dk
+26|6652

im_in_heaven wrote:

If you really knew the history you wouldn't comment. The jews never had a land. They had to occupy one from the Canaanites.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6701

jonsimon wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

wtf is it just me or are none of your i's dotted?
Fuckıng turkısh keyboards. THey have two ı's here, both pronounced dıfferently one wıth a dot and one wıthout. ı and i. I and İ. Weırd!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard