Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
If people can complain about people "Whoring Vehicles" and thus getting a RANKED "IO Mode" why can't people complain about "Unlock Lamage" and say that Unlocks aren't allowed?

Bullshit. You're fucking allowed IO mode, WTF? IO Mode in BATTLEFIELD? So i say you're fucking allowed to do whatever you want. Leave the server if you don't like it, just like if you don't like IO. Leave the server. Find another one.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6404|Alberta, Canada

cheshiremoe wrote:

are there servers with FF off that are ranked?
Sometimes I come along a server (ranked) that has no FF.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6752|Chicago.
Server IP please. I want to go mess with thses guys.
Snipa Fox
+21|6399|Brisbane, Australia
I don't use the 36E, I get more respect when i kill an opponent with a stock.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6656|Lancaster Ohio, USA

DirtyMexican wrote:

bob_6012 wrote:

I play support quite a bit myself, I do like the stock weapons but I am not against picking up the PKM at all. It just depends on the situation I find myself in. If it's up close I really prefer the M249 SAW, I guess I'm just a sucker for that gun, I absolutely adore it. The RPK is a great gun too, I prefer it over the PKM myself. But if there's anything at range I try and drop the SAW and go for the PKM, it's just a matter of personal preference and situational I guess. Sucks ya got kicked though, they just couldn't handle getting their asses handed to them.
..banned
Oh yeah, I'm sorry ya got banned, I read that and guess I forgot what happened to ya at the end of my post.
DeepSkysUrGe
+28|6436|Jax, Fl

DirtyMexican wrote:

Last night I was playing wake and I was using the PKM. USA takes the south and beach, I go on killing around the Scan trailer. Sure enough one of those "you noob you are using an unlock!@#@@#@$#$!111!!1111 OMGZZZ!#!#@!"  A few others started in saying the unlocks are for noobs to me blah blah blah I dont care. Till I killed an admin, Then I get banned for "Using unlocks you noob." I know this has been said befor but I needed to vent. So search whores save me your search post.
Thats the dumbest fucking thing i've ever heard.

They shouldn't be allowed to run a ranked server.
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6531|UK
The people that scream unlock noobs are mostly people who play in leagues and have a decent clan, unlocks are too easy to use tho.
DeepSkysUrGe
+28|6436|Jax, Fl

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

The people that scream unlock noobs are mostly people who play in leagues and have a decent clan, unlocks are too easy to use tho.
That may be true, but how are you going to run a RANKED SERVER, then ban people for using unlocks..

come on now.
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

I'm not a fan of unlocks. You should use them less often.

Last edited by Hellogoodsir (2006-10-25 08:17:59)

golgoj4
+51|6775|North Hollywood

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

Personally I prefer stock weapons.  But I dont bitch about people using unlocks.  I do however get pissed at a certain First Lt. that only knew how to use the grenade launcher on the F2000 the other night.  Never saw him use anything else.
lol well u suck with the nade launcher and wanted practice! Better than me being a medic and killing everyone in sight
golgoj4
+51|6775|North Hollywood

Mekstizzle wrote:

If people can complain about people "Whoring Vehicles" and thus getting a RANKED "IO Mode" why can't people complain about "Unlock Lamage" and say that Unlocks aren't allowed?

Bullshit. You're fucking allowed IO mode, WTF? IO Mode in BATTLEFIELD? So i say you're fucking allowed to do whatever you want. Leave the server if you don't like it, just like if you don't like IO. Leave the server. Find another one.
you know, hes right. But to say that I want a more efficient tool for killing i.e. g36e, makes you the noob sir. And by you i dont mean the guy im quoting, just the people out there who wanna be hardcore soldiers yet sit behind a computer. Please save me the 'i get more respect' line. Thats retarded. Like the premise that unlocks are for noobs... oi vey!

As for those 'purists' i will stay on my side of the server if you stay on yours.
WinstontheWolf
+11|6691

DeepSkysUrGe wrote:

Thats the dumbest fucking thing i've ever heard.

They shouldn't be allowed to run a ranked server.
Agree
benben10
+20|6716
rock, paper ,scissors ppl. each weapon has it strenght and weakness. most of it is a range issue. granted a 36e is a nudge too much but even it has its limits. banning for unlocks is stupid. any weapon can be overcome with better tactics.

oh BTW the sound of some weapons bothers me aswell. is it just me or does anyone else agree that most airsoft guns sound scarier than the M4 in bf2. god..... of all guns i hate that the most. weak damage and not that good at burst, auto, or single fire AND it just sounds like someone spitting instead of a gun firing. now and ak47 with a toob, THAT is gun. just fills my occasional need to be a gansta so well. i got a 40-8 or something like that on wake once just groundpounding, and thats stick mainly to my gun and not the toob.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6764

DirtyMexican wrote:

Last night I was playing wake and I was using the PKM. USA takes the south and beach, I go on killing around the Scan trailer. Sure enough one of those "you noob you are using an unlock!@#@@#@$#$!111!!1111 OMGZZZ!#!#@!"  A few others started in saying the unlocks are for noobs to me blah blah blah I dont care. Till I killed an admin, Then I get banned for "Using unlocks you noob." I know this has been said befor but I needed to vent. So search whores save me your search post.
Have you ever noticed that this only happens after you own said person a few times and they just can't manage to kill you? Just remember, if they are bitching like that, you are doing something right!

Besides, people don't realize that while the PKM downright owns, it does have weaknesses that can be exploited. Namely, the time it takes to pull the weapon out, or the slight inaccuracy at long ranges.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6538|Search Whore killing fields

GotMex? wrote:

DirtyMexican wrote:

Have you ever noticed that this only happens after you own said person a few times and they just can't manage to kill you? Just remember, if they are bitching like that, you are doing something right!

Besides, people don't realize that while the PKM downright owns, it does have weaknesses that can be exploited. Namely, the time it takes to pull the weapon out, or the slight inaccuracy at long ranges.
Only problem I have is the ROF at close range, Got to aim for heads. I dont have range problems tho, Sniping on mashtuur on that building across from the mosque with the pkm.

bigmack, Im looking for the IP, It wasnt a no unlock allowed server,(I think, might of been) The admins are just dicks. Wouldnt be surprised if it was moongamers, but they dont have a wake server, It was a 32 player tho. Wish i screenshoted the "you have been banned for Using unlocks you noob"

Last edited by DirtyMexican (2006-10-26 03:18:40)

Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord

TrashBlinD wrote:

All Stock Guns > Unlocks
*cough* BS *cough*

Uberge wrote:

the only gun i ever get sick of is the G36E, sometimes i think that if that gun didnt exist i would never die.
Yeah, I've had plenty of rounds where it seems that's the only thing you get killed by.

FFLink13 wrote:

cheshiremoe wrote:

It is a they don't like getting killed by the unlocked weapons why is unlocks allowed set to true.  Its a server setting and they are two stupid to turn it off.

bf2_globalunlocks = 1
i might be wrong, but i'm sure you can't turn this off in a ranked server...
Yep, that's right I'm pretty sure.

cheshiremoe wrote:

Are there servers with FF off that are ranked?
Yep. Lots of rules in breach of the ROE in ranked servers:
no explosives;
no snipers;
no commanders;
no destroying commander's tools;
knife & pistol only;
no fighting commanders;
don't take flag X;
no jumping to avoid enemy fire;
no officers;
clan members only in vehicles;
don't punish clan members...

I'm sure I'm forgetting some more of the lamest here.

cheshiremoe wrote:

If you can turn on or off FF for mines/clays then why would you not be able to restrict unlocks.
FF and IFF are two different things.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard