Eh, I'd play it once in awhile2%2% - 2
No, FAVs, armor and gunships should always be around23%23% - 23
No, I can't stay alive unless I'm in a vehicle!1%1% - 1
Hell no! Look at the carnage my armor/gunship makes!5%5% - 5
Total: 97
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker
Thought about this while playing Camp Gibraltar and Belgrade last night.  Toss in your comments and include what maps you think would be fun for Infantry Only mode.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North
personaly i would like IO mode because i like to snipe alot...
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6645|Peoria
maybe for Conquest, but it would make no sense for titan mode. Honestly, I feel the 2142 vehicles are a lot more balanced, so its never really been an issue for me.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6687|Computer Chair
Hell Yeah, allthough it would suck for the titan mode.

Conquest FTW.
i_dun_nV_u
+6|6395
the vehicles are resonably balanced, just takes time getting used to... so i won't mind having vehicles around. as for only infantry,,, neh... its a half half.
Kratos Aurion
+36|6640|Sweden
I almost only play as infantry, but I don't like IO. It's way to much nadespam. It's more fun with vehicles to hide from, sneak around and blow them up. And continue fire my AK-101
Stingray24

Kratos Aurion wrote:

I almost only play as infantry, but I don't like IO. It's way to much nadespam. It's more fun with vehicles to hide from, sneak around and blow them up. And continue fire my AK-101
AK-101 in 2142?
=Dagriz=
+3|6501
wth battlefield is WAR..like it say BATTLEFIELD.do you understand what is a battlefield ?

i voted NO FTW.

im totaly against the IO mod.

i just dont get it.people buy a WAR game....but they only want to use 10% of the game,after playing 2-3 round of IO im totally bored of it,nade & claymores festival all the way
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6738|Hamilton, Scotland
hell no!
yeah, cos i like sniping, fking camper!
IO just defeats the purpose of the Battlefiueld series
if u want IO, go play counter-strike source!
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6704|Antarctica
NO, the vehicles have already been nerfed.... long respawn times, weak weapons, few vehicles, etc.  Its all fairly balanced atm, IO mode would be retarded.  Go play Counter Strike or Counterfield if you want to play IO.
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6589|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

krazed wrote:

Exactly why there should not be infantry only.
00joe
+16|6645|UK
As a BF2 infantry whore, I'm more than satisfied with the infantry fights from titan battles and Camp Gibralter.
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6682|The Netherlands
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Its a battlefield and the maps are more based on inf and vehicles

And i love to own vehicles as inf with my BIG engineer sniper and C4(sniper)

Last edited by bf2_zspyvin (2006-10-23 09:43:48)

Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6760|Internet!
As another infantry whore, I don't think we need an IO mode. Camp Gibraltar and Cerbere Landing only have one-two walkers anyway. Berlin and Belgrade are similarly devoid of vehicles.
Crowly
+6|6803
Dont really see a need for infantry mode. Hardware isnt a problem, i havent experienced any HW rape yet. They aint that hard to take out, you just need the right kit and a bit of team work. And this game is about team work, not a bunch of headless chickens running around.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North

BabySpinach wrote:

krazed wrote:

if you dont like it then dont play it?
Stingray24

BabySpinach wrote:

krazed wrote:

If you like hosing down infantry with vehicles, great, that’s part of the game, I won’t fault you for that.  I do it myself when the opportunity presents itself.  Using available vehicles is not whoring, the infantry being killed should find a way to take out the vehicle. 

IO mode just gives the game a different feel.  It allows the strengths of each kit to shine and gives the sniper a more even playing field because the enemy has to use tactics to kill him.  It’s more of a challenge to use your marksmanship skills and tactics instead of just spraying bullets from a mounted vehicle gun with unlimited ammo where the sniper cannot get a shot.  I use cover much better and learn the map in much more detail in IO mode.  So much fun!
midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6527|here
To all the people that're saying "IO isn't a realistic battlefield condition!" at time, it is.  On the streets of Iraq, you aren't always going to have an Abrams to mow down some enemy insurgents.  Sometimes, it is just a group of grunts with M16s and M249s.  I have no problem with IO mode, but in moderation.

As for IO on 2142, I think it's not that bad of an idea, but I'd keep the FAVs, definately.
Stingray24

bf2_zspyvin wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Its a battlefield and the maps are more based on inf and vehicles

And i love to own vehicles as inf with my BIG engineer sniper and C4(sniper)
I am looking foward to unlocking the Koenig H-AVR, too.  Looks mean.  I've been taken out in my tank and APC a couple times already with it.  No lock tone inside the vehicle, just BOOOOM, ity bitty pieces. Never been a C4 person myself, though I do enjoy sniping from time to time.

Update: in the map poll thread Camp Gibraltar, Belgrade and Fall of Berlin are the top 3.  All infantry focused maps.  Just a thought.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2006-10-23 10:27:34)

Sgt.Gene
+215|6762
I think IO should be only for certain maps. Like: Fall of Berlin, Belgrade, and Camp Gibriltar(spelling)

But IO on maps like Sidi Power Plant and Verdun would suck, because you rely on vehicles to get you to places faster.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
I say if you cant coordinate yourself and your squad to destroy a vehicle, then you deserve to die by its hands.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6762

Superior Mind wrote:

I say if you cant coordinate yourself and your squad to destroy a vehicle, then you deserve to die by its hands.
Sometimes its just fun to run around with out worrying about a Walker shooting the shit out of you.
irok100
+114|6648
yes + FAVs ... w00t for carbombs
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6683
Yes, vehicle combat is skilless and cheap (yipee!  whoever shoots first wins!).  Infantry only mode just needs a bit of tweaks.  There should be fewer grenades, and the runspeed or sprint duration should be increased.  The engineer also needs to be upgraded in some way.  If his rocket launcher becomes as good as it was in BF2, then it's fine.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6593|Iceland
the tanks are shit and are only gd aginst other heavy armour veicles, only veicle that can own me bad is the battlewalker.

IO = Counter strike now shut up.

Last edited by [n00b]Tyler (2006-10-23 14:43:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard