Mr.H@x0r
+54|6512
computer says NO
saber66
+12|6457
they should do that...but extend the island all directions and make it bigger bucaseu it is to narrow for gournd combat for bf2142
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6779|Long Island

tefI0n wrote:

Wake sucked a mean one in BF2. It's better left for dead.
agree
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6674|Houston, Texas

GR34 wrote:

They say they are not going to make a wake map
God thats an awesome comment if I've ever heard one. No more gaymans island.
benben10
+20|6715
um sorry to revive an old thread but if there is so much ice in 2142 water levels would be a ton lower. wake island could be anywhere from 2-10 times bigger because the water is lower.

i wonder if you could make a titan mode where only one team gets a titan? anyways i think it would be neat to see how you could make a wake island 2142. it would feel very very different from previous versions of wake
jordanmillward_1
+11|6405

Knight`UK wrote:

EA and DICE are the same thing thickos as from a couple weeks ago dont you fookers ever read around here its just FUCKING EA now
You could at least spell "fuckers" right.

Anyway, no, they are not the same thing. EA bought a load of SHARES in DICE, not the whole of DICE itself. That means that EA and DICE are still two different companies.

Thicko.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6527|Singapore

benben10 wrote:

um sorry to revive an old thread but if there is so much ice in 2142 water levels would be a ton lower. wake island could be anywhere from 2-10 times bigger because the water is lower.

i wonder if you could make a titan mode where only one team gets a titan? anyways i think it would be neat to see how you could make a wake island 2142. it would feel very very different from previous versions of wake
EU has the titan and PAC controls the silos?
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6599|S.C.

Knightnifer wrote:

Mabye they should make a karkand, and then cover everything in ice, then heat it, then freeze it again?
What do you think?
karkland would most likely have a cool wet climate,
jordanmillward_1
+11|6405

mikeyb118 wrote:

Knightnifer wrote:

Mabye they should make a karkand, and then cover everything in ice, then heat it, then freeze it again?
What do you think?
karkland would most likely have a cool wet climate,
And be full of statpadders
Techworld
Banned
+17|6403
There will not be a wake 2142
kriz77
+3|6655|The Netherlands
Would like more European cities like "fall of Berlin" , Rise of Rome or Pricks in Paris...
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

<3 Starmans Signature

The EU hearing rumours that the PAC were excavating a fabled indestructable weapon of the past called the 'J-10' rushed a small elite force of soldiers to Wake Island. If the either side manages to unearth the doomsday weapon known as the 'J-10' the end of the war could be near.
Watermeleon
+34|6535|I am located at my location
I say if EA doesn't create a Wake Island 2142, why don't we just make a Wake mod, to add a single map to the game?
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6656|UK
i fucking hated WAKE, but then i could never fly, but the idea of a titan wake does sound good with the same kinda layout, AND SOME JET SKIES,,, is that how you spell skies, i dunno sounds russion to me

Last edited by Rubix-Cubes (2006-11-12 13:31:09)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6563|British Columbia, Canada
Even if DICE doesn't make Wake Island 2142, i'm sure someone will make a mod with that map..

And if someone doesn't..

I might have to learn how to code..

Oh noes!
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6634|USA
that would be the shittiest 2142 map.... atleast in titan mode!
Dex Luther
+32|6439|Canukastan

Kanil wrote:

We don't want to wait that long or send additional money to EA for Wake.

We will anyway, but we will not be pleased about it.
With EA putting ads in the game it might mean some free expansions for us.
47man
+46|6424|Cali

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

i fucking hated WAKE, but then i could never fly, but the idea of a titan wake does sound good with the same kinda layout, AND SOME JET SKIES,,, is that how you spell skies, i dunno sounds russion to me
Skiis
Edit: Just in case it didn't come across right, I know that is incorrect. I just love how it sounds.

Last edited by 47man (2006-11-12 14:53:39)

Ice Cold Killa
+26|6445|Perth, W.A, Australia.
i think it would be better than bf2 as you dont have the jet whores and the gunship is kinda shit so people wont use it also i think it would be great in titan mode.
doc. josh
+48|6546

benben10 wrote:

y then the only team that can win is the one with the silows.

IT should only be in titan mode then that can add boats to 2142 again "Enemy Boat Spotted!" lol but with 2 titans

Last edited by doc. josh (2006-11-12 15:07:07)

Dex Luther
+32|6439|Canukastan
Replace the titan pods with boats that launch from the bottom of the titan.
Herackles
+33|6627
Wake and Karkand were brilliant maps to have a game on.  Provided you had a decent team, you could easily pull off some exciting wins. The great thing about Wake and Karkand is that they require some good bit of teamwork in order to grab a win.  The action on Wake and Karkand is fast, furious and requires some quick thinking as well.  So far, in Battlefield 2142, I believe the Berlin and Gibraltar maps serve as a modified Karkand.  So in my opinion, there's no point in duplicating a Battlefield 2 Karkand into Battlefield 2142.  Wake on the other hand, is another matter.  I would love for some version of Wake to be included in Battlefield 2142.  As there clearly isn't one.  I know that they don't need to do that, and the story line would require some bit of map adjustment.  But a lot of people love the Karkand and Wake maps.  I believe they are still one of the most popular maps to date.

In any case.  Here's hoping.
encoded_evil
+1|6659|Gent

tefI0n wrote:

Wake sucked a mean one in BF2. It's better left for dead.
²
topthrill05
+125|6579|Rochester NY USA
Sharqi would be great for 2142.  On topic, Wake would be sweet for 2142 as well.
uk-anubis-uk
+21|6523
2142 would be even shitter if it was just BF2 maps in the winter haha!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard