Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6736|Scotland
https://bf2tracker.com/gallery.php?action=viewpic&picture=5522

wow, got patch after this happened, this system must've been a bitch!
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6577|Southampton, UK

I got up to a corperal, left the game for ages, came back like 5 months later. Wtf? 5 ranks up? wahoo!!
NaziPredator
+41|6481|Luton -WorstTownInBritain-
razzel frazzel, I got the game last year december and never new you needed so many points to get promoted to the next rank :s
']['error
Banned
+630|6660|The Netherlands
I was like so happy when i was corporal before all the patches 
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6663|I smell corners
This ranks are bull shit, I play the game since the beginning and you never needed that much points.

The highest rank was lieutenant with 200.000 I think.

Last edited by Polux (2006-10-22 03:22:17)

0akleaves
+183|6629|Newcastle UK
2nd lt wasnt in at the start HAA it was a patch that put it in at 200k
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6663|I smell corners

TheMackumSlayer wrote:

2nd lt wasnt in at the start HAA it was a patch that put it in at 200k
Could be possible, I didn't look at all at my stats at the beginning and had no interest for ranks,unlocks and so on.
vassili
+66|6539
any body still got the old award system ?
that was even worse then this ,
1000 hrs in a plane for the aviator medal
I've forgotten most of it and would love to have a look at it and laugh at EA for thinking of those requirements

did they not test bf2 for about half a year and none of the testers opened his mouth and said
ehh is 1000 hrs not a bit to much:D
cabracke
+5|6649|Germany

vassili wrote:

any body still got the old award system ?
that was even worse then this ,
1000 hrs in a plane for the aviator medal
I've forgotten most of it and would love to have a look at it and laugh at EA for thinking of those requirements

did they not test bf2 for about half a year and none of the testers opened his mouth and said
ehh is 1000 hrs not a bit to much:D
I think when they designed the award system they didn't plan for every player to be able to get all those shiny medals, e.g. 4500hrs. for Navy Cross, 1000hrs. in an tank/plane/heli.

As a matter of fact a lot of people have played the game for more than 3000 hours, some even have more than 6000 hours. So basically, those awards were reachable in the first place, just not all of them.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6419|Alberta, Canada
Yeah, I remember when it was an accomplishment to be a cpl. And the best players were like, Staff Sgt.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6802|Bulgaria
oh, yes, I remember those times!
They really needed some officer ranks... and they added them later. It is much better nowadays, I think.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6470|USA
I was a lance corporal, downloaded the patch, I was a gunnery sargeant... I quit playing for a while, then I came back and started playing basically non-stop.
SteikeTa
+153|6764|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
I miss that battlefield 2 game. :S
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6517|Valley of the Dragons

cabracke wrote:

As a matter of fact a lot of people have played the game for more than 3000 hours, some even have more than 6000 hours. So basically, those awards were reachable in the first place, just not all of them.
Eh ... 6000 hrs ... one year only holds 8736 hours :S
Turtle
+7|6773|Boulder, CO
2 million points lol. I think I got up to sgt before they added 2nd lt and changed the rank reqs. the game was more fun tho when not everyone had all the unlocks and when you did get an unlock you had to choose carefully. Now you can get all the unlocks in a couple weeks.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6722|Antarctica

Turtle wrote:

2 million points lol. I think I got up to sgt before they added 2nd lt and changed the rank reqs. the game was more fun tho when not everyone had all the unlocks and when you did get an unlock you had to choose carefully. Now you can get all the unlocks in a couple weeks.
Yep, old rank system was much better.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6582|England

Wow....that means that if they had kept that system, I would be a Gunnery Sergeant

And after all this time, there wouldnt even be Sgt Major of the Corps....2 MILLION??!! What the hell were they smoking when they thought of that.
SteikeTa
+153|6764|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Was a fantastic game then.......
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6701|United States of America
I was not Corporal or Sergeant for more than 10 seconds when they updated, which kinda blew. However, I'd barely be SGT now so I'm good with it. At this point, any of the higher ranks seem distant.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard