spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6771|Michigan
Ok, I just find it strange that (for me) 2142 loads and verifies in a fraction of the time BF2 does.
Why do you think it does?
Whatever they did to make it load faster... I wish they would do for BF2.

Sorry if this has been talked about... I did search.
Mr.H@x0r
+54|6552
yes i found this on the demo seemed to load much faster for me than bf2 ever has or will.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6771|Michigan
LOL @ H@X!!!! Mr.H@x0r !!!
thanks for karma!
Mr.H@x0r
+54|6552
lol np m8
Ki][mE
OMG H4XOR!
+51|6604|I'm a Viking....Norway
yes, noticed that too..... they acctually made a great game!
MECtallica
+73|6545|jalalabad
aside from the whining noobs, ads, not-so-friendly lag with the titans, the battlefield dance etc. Remember, the BF2 demo ran better than the real game too.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6771|Michigan

MECtallica wrote:

aside from the whining noobs, ads, not-so-friendly lag with the titans, the battlefield dance etc. Remember, the BF2 demo ran better than the real game too.
I was talking about the real game. I think the game is way better than the demo.
I'd have to agree that they did a good job on 2142. (just my opinion)
DIEHARDBULLDOG
+0|6701
I can confirm it does load faster AND slower.  The login is pretty much instant, but from there, it gets slooooow.
Multiplayer filter is slower than Christmas, and I'm running 6MBps Broadband.  Not my PC either, 128MB ATI VC with 1G RAM. 

Maps do load faster once you get through the server search snore session.  But, once you're in-game, lag city.  Titan mode is rediculously laggy.  Have noticed admins are not kicking for 250+ ping hogs.  Must be a PB issue. 

Others  may agree/disagree, just my two cents.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6729|Computer Chair
I have zero ploblems with about anything on 2142. And I love that.
tefI0n
Temporary Messiah
+14|6438|Kalamazoo, MI
EA said it would load faster.

Surprise, surprise...
TSal2111
+1|6788
The fact that it actually does load faster is what kept me playing it for an extra day.  Alas I have uninstalled and returned it now.  It just wasn't my thing and the more I tried to play it, the more I hated it.  I'll just stick with BF2, I got a long way to go on that game anyway.
topthrill05
+125|6619|Rochester NY USA
I find the game to run alot better as well. Conquest isn't laggy at all.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6520|Sheffield-England
same
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6625|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
EA justs wants to make it so more people will play 2142 instead of BF2.  They purposely fuck up BF2 and make 2142 better so that more people will buy it, so they can make more money...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard