I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6711|Melbourne, Australia
great guide i have to use support more often now with ur advice hopefully ill be a great one ty once again give this man my first born an my virginity
Jbandy10
+0|6662|Ellijay, GA
Lately I've been favoring support.  Works really well on Karkand.  The northwest flag is a great place to defend If your US.  Get on the roof and nade whore anybody trying to cap the flag.  Drop and ammo bag if your team is down there, and don't forget to man the MG against incoming transports.  It's more accurate than your PKM.
CrimsonFury
+1|6771
Il love the MG36. Here is what i've noticed when using this gun:

The MG36 has the highest accuracy of the 5 support weapons in the game, so you can take out enemies a bit further away than with the others, especially with iron sights. This is the only support gun where I regularly find it worth using iron sights, the others I find its usually not worth it because if they are far away you won't hit, but with this gun you can (also iron sights don't zoom quite as far as other support guns).

3 round burst mode: I find this option fairly useless since if you want to fire in bursts you can control your full auto fire to do 3 round bursts (or whatever burst length you prefer) anyway. That way you have the benefit of being able to let rip a sustained burst when needed without changing fire modes. I tend to use sustained fire (upto 20 shots) with the MG36 rather than bursts but its accuracy under sustatined fire is so much better than the PKM.

Another huge benefit of this gun is its reload time (it uses a dual drum clip, belt doesn't have to be fed into the gun during reload). Its has the 2nd quickest rsupport weapon reload time (Type 95 is 1st). The MG36 reload time is 4.9 seconds, compared to 6.3 seconds on the PKM. Given the quicker reload time I tend to reload more often with this gun, if there is no one around I will usaully reload when its half empty rather than waiting until it gets down to <20 rounds.

Damage\how many shots to use:

The shots from the MG36 are 1\3 weaker than the PKM (30 damge vs 45) but the MG36 1\3 higher rate of fire (600RPM vs 450RPM), so the damage per second is actually the same as the PKM, with higher accuracy. You just have to get used to firing more than 4-5 bullets at a time with this gun (I usally use around 10 shots for a single enemy, or bursts of 20 for small groups) and you will be ripping up enemies in no time :).

Last edited by CrimsonFury (2006-01-29 15:17:51)

Silverwolf
+0|6674
yeh I've noticed that the MG36 even 'feels' more accurate then then others, and as crimson said, the iron sights are even worth using on this baby from time to time, as it does hav the accuracy to be able to put a few single-shots into a guy at the edge of it's lethal range.

As to full-auto fire with it, it seems to stay more accurate for longer, meaning that if your laying supressive fire on an enemy flag while the rest of the crew are pushing fwds to it, you can keep the enemies heads down for longer, while still been able to make them pay if they decide to stick their heads up into your wall of lead.

But yeh, the 3-round burst is all but pointless on this weapon. I trialed with it a few times, n seemed to actually be more accurate when manualing firing a 3-round burst while in full-auto mode, so I never bother changing to it now, a single-shot mode would probably hav been more useful with this MG (as silly as that sounds).
WiteknighT
+0|6662|Orlando, FL
All you support whores with your huge muzzleflash/commotion are fodder for my sniper rifle...muwhawhaha!!!
[=FAV=]Kakaroto_k
This are MY ammo bags, so please stop asking
+0|6760|Caracas, Venezuela
Nice post, true, true, true, and yes true

theres another thing about the pkm it can kill blackhawks too

If only I could get that damn 40 kills, its almost impossible to me always get 35,36,37,38 never the golden number, and then the 44 from SF

Last edited by [=FAV=]Kakaroto_k (2006-02-07 09:34:39)

gun.piranha
+1|6699
mg36 can also take out a blackhawk or a apache, aim for the rotors and usuall one full clip will take it down.
I also find that the mg36 is much better then the pkm due to its ability to launch a shit load of lead in a very little time.  While i love my pkm its let me down to many times when the mg36 has held up. Also cant wait to see what the patch does for suport, think mg36 with even tighter pattern= lota kills
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Machine guns are evil. Too bad they're not as effective here as they are in Counterstrike.

I've had nothing but wicked amounts of kills and kill assists with the PKM and MG36 (preferably MG36 for its burst fire mode), and usually take it and camp on top of a building in a squad consisting of myself, a medic, sniper and anti-tank. AT chases armor away while the medic and myself usually end up softening people up for sniper kills, though usuall kill people at medium range. Sniper claymore's roof access points, me and the medic drop support bags and medikits, and we're pretty much made. If we hear artillery going off, it usually means that the enemy commander is tired of us mowing down his armor and infantry, so we'll run over to another rooftop. 90% of the time, the angry sky-high pudding tossers will slam into the building we were just on.

Complete your awesome Battlefield fireteam with a F2000 noobtoob guy and a C4 chucker, and I guarantee that nobody's getting that flag you're camping.

[=FAV=]Kakaroto_k wrote:

If only I could get that damn 40 kills, its almost impossible to me always get 35,36,37,38 never the golden number, and then the 44 from SF
Aim for the 44 kills in Special Forces. If you hit 40 there, you'll still get the regular Battlefield badge. Four more, and it's all done. If you're one for cheap badges, grab some armor and sit outside of a spawn spot. Set that coax gun blazing.

Or, if you're really cheap like me, you can grab some kills by hovering a JSF next to an enemy's last spawn point and rack up the kills ala True Lies.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-02-11 18:17:02)

Dan_SASR>BF2
+0|6731
Yea i once remember wiping out a few squads as support. It was at the train crash flag on Strike at Karkand; i was hiding behind one of those small walls nade spamming the flag , got about 10 nade kills, then i jumped on the TOW and took out an APC and Tank then proceeded to lie down and PKM about 4 or 5 soldiers.. lol.. i hate being modest...

Goes to show that unlimited nades and lots of bullets go a long way..

Find my stats with player name "Dan_the_man_BF2"
DesertEagle357
Attends Shock Paddlers Anonymous
+1|6785

section9 wrote:

lol
You stole my response!
FALLOUTBOMB
+6|6519|northern virginia, US
lmao

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard