Cheeseycase
+3|6408|Singapore
Uh Hi, im new to the forum, i just have a few questions, tried searching but did'nt really find a full answer.

Im currently a Gunnery Sergeant, and im not sure why there are two Upper ranks with Score: 20,000.

First question: If i do not gather all the Awards, but instead Score: 20,000, do i become a Master Sergeant?

Second question: If i do become a First Sergeant by collecting all the awards and the Score: 20,000, will i never be promoted? Because by indication from the site, all the other ranks require Master Sergeant and not First Sergeant.

Third question: If i am a Master Sergeant, and became a Sergeant Major or Sergeant Major of the Corps, i would never be a 2nd Lieutenant right? Because for 2nd Lieutenant Rank i require to be a Master Gunnery Sergeant.

Thank you very very much for answering my question, hope you all would cure me of this confusion.

Last edited by Cheeseycase (2006-10-21 13:36:05)

Ryan
+1,230|6853|Alberta, Canada

First question: Yes. If you don't get allt he awards, and then get to 20 thou, you will be a master sgt instead of a 1st sgt.

2nd question: if you get to 1st sgt, you can still be promoted to other ranks after that.

3rd question: huh?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51
3th question: 2nd lieutenant requires either Sergeant Major/ Master Gunnery Sergeant (Forget about Sergeant Major of the Corps, you will not become one
Ryan
+1,230|6853|Alberta, Canada

Now your gunna ask 'why can I be a SMOTC?' because only one person is that rank.
RDMC
+736|6575|Area 51

ryan_14 wrote:

Now your gunna ask 'why can I be a SMOTC?' because only one person is that rank.
Because that rank was supposed to be handed to the best Sergeant Major of the week/month, but somehow they stopped doing that I guess
d.cripz
+29|6419
i am the SMOTC.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6571|Southampton, UK

no your a failiure
RDMC
+736|6575|Area 51

d.cripz wrote:

i am the SMOTC.
No ur not
Cheeseycase
+3|6408|Singapore
Hey thanks for the fast reply.

Just also asking, ryan, you mean you can get promoted after 1st sgt? But " http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php " did'nt state what 1st sgt can be promoted to because all the other higher ranks require other ranks and not 1st sgt.

and

RDMC(2), but i thought 2nd lieutenant requires a Rank of Master gunnery sgt and not sgt major? I was following what the above website said.

Thanks for doing such fast replys haha.
Cheeseycase
+3|6408|Singapore
Umm not really, i was'nt going to ask who is SMOTC, haha
RDMC
+736|6575|Area 51

Cheeseycase wrote:

Hey thanks for the fast reply.

Just also asking, ryan, you mean you can get promoted after 1st sgt? But " http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php " did'nt state what 1st sgt can be promoted to because all the other higher ranks require other ranks and not 1st sgt.

and

RDMC(2), but i thought 2nd lieutenant requires a Rank of Master gunnery sgt and not sgt major? I was following what the above website said.

Thanks for doing such fast replys haha.
I will answer both questions for ya.
Yes, You can get promoted after 1sgt, you either get all the rank requirements for Sergeant Major, or you don't and you will become a Master Gunnery Sergeant, in either case it doesn't matter which rank you got promoted to because once you will hit 60.000 points you will be promoted to a 2nd lieutenant.
Is it all clear now, or are you still like..WTF?
Cheeseycase
+3|6408|Singapore
Nop im not like... WTF now heh, thanks for answering the question. So from what i understand from the infomation ryan and you have given me, its best to:

Gunny Sgt  ->  1st Sgt  ->  Sgt Major  ->  2nd Lieutenant

I think thats right heh. Hey thanks man you all have really helped me, haha i just hope they can change the Rank requirements on the website so other would understand better.
RDMC
+736|6575|Area 51
Yeah, you're correct there sir
Its actually quiet simple to understand, at first I was like, wow, this doesn't look right at all, but htne I figured out and then I thought, yeah this does look right
Cheeseycase
+3|6408|Singapore
Haha thank you very much! I think ill go get my pistol and knife basic badge, any tips?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
for pistol, play sniper, use the m95. get a body shot, then switch to pistol to finish off, easy kills. for knife, i use warlord, playin as someone with a grappling hook, climb up to the high building that overlooks the plaza, normally a few snipers ther, knife away!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
LT.Victim
+1,175|6572|British Columbia, Canada

d.cripz wrote:

i am the SMOTC.
Lies, cripz is a noob
XxOiLsP1lLxX
Putting the "I" back in TEAM
+48|6430|Kent UK
Don't do K\P lol

~!~Richard~!~
Cheeseycase
+3|6408|Singapore

fatherted13 wrote:

for pistol, play sniper, use the m95. get a body shot, then switch to pistol to finish off, easy kills. for knife, i use warlord, playin as someone with a grappling hook, climb up to the high building that overlooks the plaza, normally a few snipers ther, knife away!
hmm nice tactic for the pistol, BUT lol i screwed up my unlocks and did'nt unlock a m95 ...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
ah. u can still try with m24, to a unarmoured soldier (medic, engy, sniper, spec ops) it still brings em down to 2 bars of health.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Cheeseycase
+3|6408|Singapore
oh thanks for the infomation.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

Knife: Jalalabad and Karkand both work. Just run up to someone, jumping around, and stab madly. Most lower ranked people (as in new to the game) will freak out and fire blindly

Pistol: Take the M95, fire that huge bullet into some guy, pull out your pistol and shoot him twice.
I{endo
+20|6427|berlin
i think both m95/ m24 do the same (body) damage, armoured soldier or not...(95) at least according to wiki...
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6702|Calgary

RDMC(2) wrote:

d.cripz wrote:

i am the SMOTC.
No ur not
No, I am   
WOPMasterG
+0|6406
Hey, I myself am having a problem... See right now I am at Master Seargent and have somewhere around 25,000 global points.  Now I accctually did not know that you had to have all the basic badges before you could go up in rank any further from Master Seargent.  After finding that out I got the four other badges I needed and now I do not know why I can't get to first seargent...

It has the next rank as firstseargetn and it says my bar is full but it has beeb like that since I was promoted to master seargent... Is my system bugged? or Am i missing something here...

Perhaps I should E-mail EA? Thanks guys

-Mike
Majorcry
+0|6395
yer   iahve the same prob with the ranking ..  im a Rank: "Master Sergeant " but i have 25.000 or so points and all the basic badges,,  shuldent that give me the rank "First Sergeant "  ??? im  not getting it .. umm like  WTF  hehe

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard