Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6757|Mark it zero.
How do you issue the Attack and Defend orders? All I can do is say move to this location...
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6553|Sverige (SWE)
CanĀ“t get it to work papally either.......
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6664|Brisbane, Australia

You know on the screen, how sometimes the objective on your 3D map highlights yellow? Thats when you set an order

If its an enemy flag it will say attack and vice versa for friendlys.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6770|Internet!
Right click on the Flag itself in your squad-screen. Not near the flag, or the flag pole, but on the actual flag. Then you can issue an Attack/Defend order. Alternatively, do what Sarrk suggested with the 3D map.

You do not get squad-leader success points for a move order, AFAIK. So attack, and get those field upgrades.

Edit: Picture.

https://img209.imageshack.us/img209/787/ordersem6.jpg

Last edited by Kanil (2006-10-20 23:58:15)

znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6553|Sverige (SWE)
Ok .. Nice thanks
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6757|Mark it zero.
thank you thank you, this has been annoying me because i've been wanting those squad points
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6543|Edmonton Alberta
i think 80% of all people dont know how to use the commands at all
LionEyez
+4|6628
Yeah thats why I always want to be squadleader...because almost everyone else isn't fit to be one IMO. I try to tell them via Squad Chat to place orders, which will get us more points and let us try unlocks, but usually it seems they dont even understand english..
MDKThePriest
+6|6570
Easiest way is to put your crosshair over a flag icon (Its border will turn yellow) hold T and click your mouse.
GeoEnvi
+22|6695|Philadelphia, PA
Exactly, Priest....

The "T" command is now my favorite way of issuing orders.  It's great how it's context sensitive, too!  If it's a neutral or enemy flag, the order is automatically "Attack"; if it's friendly, the order is "Defend".    The other cool use of the "T" command is issuing "Move" orders to position squad members during tactical advances.
Buzerk1
+44|6844
And you are in the Titan, can you used the "T" to point out one of the console as well??
GeoEnvi
+22|6695|Philadelphia, PA
I never tried the "move" or "attack" command on an actual Console.  It seems the only place you can place an order on the Titan is on the "Hangar" end.  If you could place it on the Core, that would solve all the probs!
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6828|ATX
I noticed last night that the attack/defend is very touchy... sometimes I had to click on a flag 3 or 4 times before it would let me issue an attack or defend as opposed to move... it was really annoying especially because there was this one squad member that kept bitching in squad chat for me to set attack/defend so we could earn more points...
r00ts
xD
+81|6550|Netherlands
You dont get MORE points,
you just get the fieldupgrade-bar to refill more quickly
tupla_s
+455|6600|Finland

r00ts wrote:

You dont get MORE points,
you just get the fieldupgrade-bar to refill more quickly
You get extra points for killing ppl in the order radius
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6828|ATX

tupla_s wrote:

You get extra points for killing ppl in the order radius
agreed... squad members get bonus points for actions within the radius and squad leader get squad leader bonus for squad members doing things in the radius...
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6724|MoVal, Southern California
You will get plenty of squad leader success points if you :
a)have a keen sense of issuing commands often
b)have squad members who cooperate
c)are playing on a pretty full server

I was lucky to have a team who plays as a team. Every order i issued, whether to attack or defend, they went to the flag and helped capture it. i was able to get 3 to 4 field upgrades that round! And i got about 37 bonus points for all those times my squad members killed in the vicinity of the attack radius.

I really like the scoring system in 2142; it is much more refined especially for team play.
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6705|Sacramento
I don't know if it had been said already as I didn't read this whole thread, but you can issue Attack and Defend orders without the use of the 3D map.

Make sure you have your hud displays the flag icons and aim at them (the flag will outline itself), hit your command rose (T i think it is) and click the center option. If the flag is Gray, it will say Attack, if it is controlled by your team, it issues Defend.

Thats something I just found on accident.. makes things really easy in the heat of battle.

edit: nvm its been mentioned already heh.. GJ.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard