l41e
+677|6645

Just asking. Why is this in the game if the enemy titan is on your map and it's huge?

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-10-20 16:20:10)

chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6506|Los Angeles, California
Because some kiddies are blind. And the fact that it's been in my sig since it came out.. lol
Zefar
+116|6646|Sweden
O_O I played around and tried to make the spotted command on the titan but all it did was scream out "Threat spotted" and "We got company" We sure did. XD

So far I havn't even heard the command. I played for a whole day, must have been in my blind spot with sounds.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6655|Australia
I havnt played the finished version, but i played the demo. In titan mode, 'Enemy Titan Spotted' seemed preety pointless, especially when you could see it on the minimap and the HUD pointed to where it was.
midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6526|here
I heard it once.  Hell, I said it once.  I couldn't stop laughing.

"Enemy Titan Spotted!"

...no shit sherlock.
Chou
+737|6788
It is not pointless because you are not looking up in the sky all the time and the function is there because the Titan can be moved any where on the map by the commander !
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6506|Los Angeles, California

Choumichel wrote:

It is not pointless because you are not looking up in the sky all the time and the function is there because the Titan can be moved any where on the map by the commander !
Actually it shows up as a giant blue or red blob on your minimap, your team or not. So, if you're a decent player that uses the minimap, then it is kind of pointless.
Volatile
+252|6701|Sextupling in Empire

Titan? Oh yeah, titan mode. I've stopped playing that mode because it does nothing but produce the worst lag I have ever experienced.

I hear repeatedly that it is caused from commanders moving the titans. Awesome.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6539|Winterpeg, Canada
I loved it when little nubs would spam, "enemy titan spotted", and then they'd be typing in chat: "WHOA, A TITAN, F'N SWEET, LET'S GO RAID IT".

then me: " Well no shit, what else would that chunk of metal in the air surrounded by some shield be?"
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6528
If you cant see the enemy titan without someone spotting it you need to kill yourself right now.
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6437|Canada
yes...for all the visually impaired
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6646

JoeFriday wrote:

because blinds play the game?
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6618|Gold coast, Aus.

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

JoeFriday wrote:

because blinds play the game?
With fancy braile in there LCD screens.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6385|New York
bringing this back up, might get flamed.

last night i was playing. me and my friend spotted the titan a couple of times a piece, funny as hell.

'enemy titan spotted'
'look up, enemy titan, you can't miss it'

the second one made me laugh real hard when i saw that.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Sambuccashake
+126|6607|Sweden
Have you ever seen anyone react to that command?

I mean, it's like a Monty Python scene all by itself.

"Enemy titan spotted!"

*Looks up*

"Oh my goodness me, look at that thing! Runawaaaaay!"
Jammyc_53
+5|6555|Newcastle-England
the russian one i think it is sounds exacly the same as the PAC forces saying "enemy titan spotted!"
l41e
+677|6645

heggs wrote:

bringing this back up, might get flamed.

last night i was playing. me and my friend spotted the titan a couple of times a piece, funny as hell.

'enemy titan spotted'
'look up, enemy titan, you can't miss it'

the second one made me laugh real hard when i saw that.
They should've done that with the BF2 Essex.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6758|Internet!

k30dxedle wrote:

They should've done that with the BF2 Essex.
Enemy boat spotted!

It works... sorta!!
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6706
Enemy Titan Spotted is my Enemy Boat Spotted <3
ยป You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6572

Zefar wrote:

O_O I played around and tried to make the spotted command on the titan but all it did was scream out "Threat spotted" and "We got company" We sure did. XD

So far I havn't even heard the command. I played for a whole day, must have been in my blind spot with sounds.
What you need to do is find an FAV and press F3.  Look at the front of the titan, and spot it.  That's the only way I've been able to make it work in game.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6617|Mhz

Zefar wrote:

Shield has to be down on their Titan for you to be able to spot it .

On another note while were on the subject of things in 2142 that make no sense, anyone think it's a bit silly that the escape pods on Titans don't work when the Titan is exploding? Surely that's what they're for? lol. Totally off the point but it ammuses me
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6746|Mark it zero.

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Zefar wrote:

Shield has to be down on their Titan for you to be able to spot it .

On another note while were on the subject of things in 2142 that make no sense, anyone think it's a bit silly that the escape pods on Titans don't work when the Titan is exploding? Surely that's what they're for? lol. Totally off the point but it ammuses me
hahaha i was thinking the same thing. right when you need them they dont work...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard