doc. josh
+48|6558

uberdoc wrote:

link52787 wrote:

I haven't unlocked the camo one yet but that unlock is a joke.  I still see people who have this.  Hell, they think they are totally invisible.  I just walk up to them and knife them since they feel like no one is watching.lol.  ironic isn't it?
That's true. You are more visible now compared to beta.
yea it should be more like the beat where you are less vivible i think it would help out a load if u were say 97% invisible rather then 90%. i can c some 1 who is invisibe better then some one who iv visible
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6782|Human Meat Shield
Ganz is a pretty bad unlock if you ask me. Dont waste your ranking on weapons thats for sure. Well the Lampert is nice, as is the Baur, but the rest are crap.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6604|Your attic

GeoEnvi wrote:

Typical British cunt....
Lol
Nintendogamer
+72|6600|Chelmsford, UK
gotta be the shotgun upgrade for the assualt rifle. i can't get close enough to anyone for it to be any use.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6842
Having played it now I agree that the deffuser and the assault rifle shotgun are the most terrible unlocks I've seen.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6658|Ohio
what are you people talking about with the shotty. if your upclose, and run out of ammo, bust it out, it takes two or three, but its semi auto, and its pretty good.

Now what i have never used is the gruber 5 stabilizer. You dont need it, the movement is prettymuch nothing, i get headshots all the time with my zeller, with out using the stabalizer. Now whats awsome is the extra zoom, now that is a freaking sweet unlock.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6662|Hong Kong

jordanmillward_1 wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

Typical British cunt....
Typical American arse-wipe.....
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6678|NT, like Mick Dundee

SmilingBuddha wrote:

jordanmillward_1 wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

Typical British cunt....
Typical American arse-wipe.....
Typical Chinese wanker from Hong Kong....

I'll do the Aussie one for myself too....

Typical Aussie fucktard....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Buzerk1
+44|6849

Poseidon wrote:

Probably the defuser. It takes too long for me and I get shot when trying.
^^^Didn't even try to use it for that reason^^^ Easier to defuse APM with a team member and have a medic to revive him
DrM
+33|6634
For me the worst unlock so far is RDX.
Dont get me wrong the RDX it's self is great. I have been in squads with a support guys with EMP grenades and we blew the crap out of tanks APC';s and walkers with ease.

It in the titans that bugs me.
I want to blow up a console or two, and the core, but only my clan mates have ever got the sense to move out of the blast range...
I have a macro that types "RDX - STAND CLEAR - RDX" and I spam it 4-5 times but no one ever moves.
In the core its worse, 5 packs or RDX does a huge amount of damage to the core, over 1/3 i believe, but again getting people to stand clear just never happens.

The other issue is a player that RDX's the core while other players are covering the doors, says nothing and TK's everyone. If someone wants to use RDX, I'll get out of the way, but i need to know its there.

Until the average 2142 player is not a complete idiot, and at present they are, RDX is my most disappointing unlock so far because I cant use it, not because its bad in any way.

DrM

Last edited by DrM (2006-10-23 07:48:43)

Daniel_Malloy
+0|6631|Mars

LionEyez wrote:

Zefar wrote:

The stationary gun turret. This thing can't hit shit. Not only that it locks onto a target right of when you put it out so it gives away your location.

In order to awoid it if you are on the same height as it, just enter prone and you'll be fine. This thing can't seems to aim lower and the recoil is the only thing that might make it shoot lower.

Now it have only killed ONE guy for me so far, and damn he must have been low on HP or something.
Shitty turret. The only good thing with it is, it's one way to anoy the hell out of people.
Dunno about being able to go prone and avoid their field of fire, but the last titan round I played had some guy defending the upper deck hatches (yknow, where you drop down in) with one of these guns. and it really killed a lot of my team. so much so that i decided to defend rather than attack. there were enforcer guns everywhere on the enemy titan .. ..
That would be me , Daniel_Malloy.
I have only found 3 uses for the turret. The best one is putting it up in the upper deck of the titan right where people drop down from the hole (but it only shoots 50-75% of the people going through because of its narrow fov. Another one is barricading yourself on a platform that is accessed by a ladder. If you place the turret RIGHT in front and slightly over the ladder, it prevents people from being able to climb up it (and most of the time they can't destroy it since it is a lot higher than them). The only other use is to just pop it anywhere in the titan cargo bay or the 2 outside decks then look at your map and wait to see if someone blows it up, then you know if they are entering the titan even before the audible warning that doesn't seem to work half the time.

As far as my most depressing unlock, that would be the Ganz_HMG. It takes forever to recover from ANY movement and is only good if you were the BF2 player who camped on rooftops with the RPK. Overall, it takes a lot more time to recover from movement, has a really low ROF compared to the other machineguns, does only SLIGHTLY more damage (it takes 4.45 shots to kill someone with 100 hit points compared to 5.5 of the other machineguns), but it does seem to not overheat as much as the other ones (my guess is because of the low ROF) and it seems to cool down a little faster. You can't fire it while standing and expect to kill anything deliberately, crouching is sometimes shoot and miss but better, and prone while not moving reminds me of the PKM whores of BF2 (just aim for the head, not the body and you get lucky with a 1-shot-kills headshot almost all the time). IMO, it turns the support class into a modified sniper class with 120 rounds because you HAVE to use it prone AND while not moving for 5-7 seconds.

Last edited by Daniel_Malloy (2006-10-23 10:22:29)

koTompa
+0|6409
Defuser thing is crap.. However its on the way to the Pilum H-AVR (which rocks) so its kind of a necessity.
Rumfuddle
+14|6731

koTompa wrote:

Defuser thing is crap.. However its on the way to the Pilum H-AVR (which rocks) so its kind of a necessity.
I agree, what a waste but one that can't be avoided if you want the pilum.  I've played the game 4 hours and I've only seen mines actually used twice (it was actually rather cool seeing the floaties in action though).  And really, how often do you have the opportunity to defuse a claymore?  Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6706
Defuser is sorta crap unless u are a tank whore faced with mines, other than that my defuser is the Zeller-H, in case you didn't know the Zeller-H can destroy all types of mines, RDX, APMs, motion mines, etc. Love that beast.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6662|Hong Kong

DrM wrote:

I want to blow up a console or two, and the core, but only my clan mates have ever got the sense to move out of the blast range...
I have a macro that types "RDX - STAND CLEAR - RDX" and I spam it 4-5 times but no one ever moves.
In the core its worse, 5 packs or RDX does a huge amount of damage to the core, over 1/3 i believe, but again getting people to stand clear just never happens.
LOL That's exactly what happens to me as well. I'm like "MOVE AWAY I HAV RDX" and no-one notices, so I dentonate it and my score goes down by 10.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6599|Montreal
Does anyone have any opinions on the PDS-1, the Engineer unlock that scans for enemy vehicles?

And does the NetBat do anything cool?
Lasdferret
+16|6497
Forgot the name, but its the Shotgun for the Support class. I cant kill anyone, even in point-blank range (Im no nub to shotguns, my favorite weapon) they just dont die!
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6546|Denmizzark!!

link52787 wrote:

I haven't unlocked the camo one yet but that unlock is a joke.  I still see people who have this.  Hell, they think they are totally invisible.  I just walk up to them and knife them since they feel like no one is watching.lol.  ironic isn't it?
First Round I used this I made 18 knife kills, just gotta use it the right way.. 2 times collectors pin ftw!!..
eyesteponbabies
Banned
+13|6444|St.Louis, Missouri
The knife.
kiries
+4|6709|monastery of funk
smoke granades for me last three seconds and are still see through terrible but you need it so i took it i dont know what to unlock after assualt medic tree i am already where i want to be in abillities tree so what next?
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6805

DrM wrote:

For me the worst unlock so far is RDX.
Dont get me wrong the RDX it's self is great. I have been in squads with a support guys with EMP grenades and we blew the crap out of tanks APC';s and walkers with ease.

The other issue is a player that RDX's the core while other players are covering the doors, says nothing and TK's everyone. If someone wants to use RDX, I'll get out of the way, but i need to know its there.

Until the average 2142 player is not a complete idiot, and at present they are, RDX is my most disappointing unlock so far because I cant use it, not because its bad in any way.

DrM
Ditto on claymores.  If I'm defending the titan, as sniper I'll use my clays to protect the corridors and there's always a fuckwit on my team that tries to long-jump over the clay.  BOOM.  Punish.  Asshole.  The other alternative as recon is to drop a tab of RDX on the wall, but I'm sure that damages the console a bit.
Eugefunk84
+48|6547

Towelly wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

Towelly wrote:

Hush little newbie,

As I have posted in some length, it's called change, just becuase a medic can't pop round a corner, heal himself in under 5 seconds and come out all shiney doesn't mean DICE made a mistake, you just haven't learnt to adapt.
That's right.... I'm a noob because I'm complaining about a major change in the gameplay.

Who the fuck are you TOWELBOY, anyway?  I've been playing BF2 for years - since BF1942.  Don't give me any limey BS because I'm responding to a post.  I'd love to rip your set of pink dogtags from around your neck.
Someone has anger problems I see;

First this isn't a major change in game play, this is a minor tweak, a major change would be to have weapons that electrocuted you if you tried to fire them.

For your information I also played the BF series since 1942, things have changed, deal with it.

The words noob and newbie mean different things, please learn these meanings.

Who the fuck am I, just a person with an opinion, same as you, just I happen to be a little more calm then you and I'd like to think more people agree with me on this, and yet more couldn't care less.

Threats over the internet eh? You must be tough.
burn
Eugefunk84
+48|6547
I dont know what you guys are talking about as far as the shotgun upgrade for the assault rifle is concerned. I've gotten tons of kills with it, its great when you run outta ammo and dont wanna reload. This one round on Berlin, I saw 5 guys who just capped my flag, I took 3 out with my scar 11, then took out my shotty upgrade and blasted the last two, it was awesome, dont knock the shotgun just cuz u cant use it properly

edit TYPO

Last edited by Eugefunk84 (2006-10-24 01:39:18)

Crestfallen
+27|6462|England, Leicester
The shotgun and rocket unlocks for the assault rifle are great to use, if a pain in the arse to reload individually, but still, they are good to use.  I can't really knock any of the unlocks yet, I like using them all, but I have to say, the Lambert Carbine, although awesome to use is lacking a little in accuracy, even when firing in rounds, but its still a great gun to use, especially up close where it counts.  Just wish it packed a better punch at medium range.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6773
EMP mines are absolute shit. My own team just runs over them the whole bloody time. I'm sorry I started that unlock tree, I'm going for the Pilum now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard