.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6830
AS BF2142 comes online in the UK in 12 hours I was wondering if anyone has unlocked anything that they thought was a great big steaming pile of rubbish.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6689|Computer Chair
Smoke nade, but I needed to unlock it too use the weapon above it.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6645|Ohio
I havent used the frags a whole lot, but you need them for the sprint which is amazing.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6734|Singapore
Grenades rock btw, throw one in a clumped area in the titan and see your kills fly.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
So far the only thing I unlocked that hasn't saved my bacon multiple times is the NetBat, but all else; Frags, sprint increase, EMPs, Enforecer Drone and the Ganz are the "most awesomest" things I have.
Meth
+0|6401
i would have to agree that frags and sprint are of great use, has anyone unlocked the stamina recovery yet?  i wonder how that is working out; whether its leet sauce or not
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6480|Sheffield-England
f2000
luvd it at first but now i h8 it
CrimsonFury
+1|6780
The support shotgun. You have to be almost point blank to get 1 shot kills (alot closer than in BF2) and its clip based (eg reload all 7 rounds at once with a long reload time). I was hoping it would reload individual shells like the USA engy shotgun from BF2

Also I got the crappy unlock below it just to get the shotgun. The one that detects enemies behind cover. You have to have the item equipped (eg not holding your gun out) and it takes about 3 seconds to do a scan and then around 15 seconds to recharge. It only scans through thin cover (won't see someone around around a corner or behind a large container) which makes it rather useless

So now its gonna take me all day to get through the next 4 unlcocks to get the support HMG :\ (half way there already)

PS: What are the requirements for filling the squad member bar in the top left?

I know that when its full your get a field promotion which lets you temporarily have an unlock for 1 round, but I've only done it a couple of times and not sure what I have to do to fill the squad member\squad leader bar?
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6830
If I remember correctly from the manual you have to be in a squad and revive/heal/give ammo to squadmates and get kills. The trick is it says you have to do it in the region that your squad leader tells you to do it in (ie. the `attack here` marker on the map). This is just from the manual so If anyone with more first hand experience knows better then assume they're right and I'm wrong.
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6432|Washington State, USA
My most disapointing unlock is the gruber 5 stabalizer, by the time I get the stabalizer to work (it has to charge up) my target is already gone. So i just compensate for the sway on my Zeller-H and get a few headshots.
MDKThePriest
+6|6562

CrimsonFury wrote:

PS: What are the requirements for filling the squad member bar in the top left?

I know that when its full your get a field promotion which lets you temporarily have an unlock for 1 round, but I've only done it a couple of times and not sure what I have to do to fill the squad member\squad leader bar?
When your squad leader puts a beacon (ex- Attack silo 2) there is a perimeter (you can't see it) around that beacon and if you get kills, or cap that CP you will say you gain Squad member points. That's the fastest way, also you do get a small ammount for heals, revives, resupply, and repairs. Also, if the commander sends the order to your SL and he accepts the tast He gets Squad leader points and the bar fills up really fast. Field Upgrades are awesome, try before you buy you know. And you can stack them, so you fill up the bar and get an unlock, then you fill it up again you get another one. They also last the entire time you play in the server, which means if there's a map change, you keep your field unlocks. Its awesome, and then sad when you join a new server

Last edited by MDKThePriest (2006-10-19 09:54:54)

link52787
+29|6522
I haven't unlocked the camo one yet but that unlock is a joke.  I still see people who have this.  Hell, they think they are totally invisible.  I just walk up to them and knife them since they feel like no one is watching.lol.  ironic isn't it?
GeoEnvi
+22|6687|Philadelphia, PA
The enchanced medic hub is the WORST.

Yes you can reuse the hand held hub faster, but as soon as you deploy another one - the old one goes "poof!"  In fact, the medipac mechanics suck in their entirety.  It takes WAAAAY to long to heal.  There's no insta-heal.  How could DiCE have fugged up this most basic of functionalities?
zeidmaan
+234|6415|Vienna

GeoEnvi wrote:

There's no insta-heal.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic

GeoEnvi wrote:

Yes you can reuse the hand held hub faster, but as soon as you deploy another one - the old one goes "poof!"  In fact, the medipac mechanics suck in their entirety.  It takes WAAAAY to long to heal.  There's no insta-heal.  How could DiCE have fugged up this most basic of functionalities?
Hush little newbie,

As I have posted in some length, it's called change, just becuase a medic can't pop round a corner, heal himself in under 5 seconds and come out all shiney doesn't mean DICE made a mistake, you just haven't learnt to adapt.
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6684
I'd have to say the smoke nades are my worst unlock yet, but not worthless by any means. I have found little use for the EMP mines as well.

Sprint boost and recovery are my fav unlocks so far. They really do make a huge difference!
dodge_this(fr)
Raving Rabbit
+26|6690|The Hague, Netherlands
The sniper you get when you take the clays is the best one : One shot One kill
Another usefull thing is the paddles

I don't think I've unlock studip thing until now
uberdoc
+3|6417|California

link52787 wrote:

I haven't unlocked the camo one yet but that unlock is a joke.  I still see people who have this.  Hell, they think they are totally invisible.  I just walk up to them and knife them since they feel like no one is watching.lol.  ironic isn't it?
That's true. You are more visible now compared to beta.
DrakeRide55
+5|6654

Towelly wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

Hush little newbie,

As I have posted in some length, it's called change, just becuase a medic can't pop round a corner, heal himself in under 5 seconds and come out all shiney doesn't mean DICE made a mistake, you just haven't learnt to adapt.
EXACTLY, you need to learn to adapt and use cover near the medicpac.  Instead of being really agressive and grabbing you medic packs for full heath you need to be a little more patient and use your cover!  Also the advanced hub heals a bit faster if Im not mistaken.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6543|Sammamish, WA
Besides, medics in BF2 are a walking point farm. I'm glad they toned them down a bit.
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6584|England

uberdoc wrote:

link52787 wrote:

That's true. You are more visible now compared to beta.
Really? Shit....
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6633|Germany
The Shotgun upgrade for the assault is shit.
The Defibrilator rocks, because it doesn't has to charge up.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6617|UCF
The "Defuser" weapon for the engineers, the first unlock on the left side. There's no point in defusing them, you don't get anything, and its a snipers dream to see an engineer standing still for 5s.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
Probably the defuser. It takes too long for me and I get shot when trying.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker

Cubefreak666 wrote:

The Shotgun upgrade for the assault is shit.
The Defibrilator rocks, because it doesn't has to charge up.
Ditto close range I haven't gotten one kill.  But I've only played one day, so I'm sure I'll learn how to use it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard