edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5390|USA

allfive6 wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

allfive6 wrote:

you where banned for having black screens and having other members in your clan with a shit lost of pbbans against them
whilst i understand your position as an admin, since i have been on the receiving end of these types of bans, it is a bit unfair to drop the hammer without enough evidence. 

the poster is right about black PB screens being caused by hardware issues.  when i first got my 8800gtx, i had to turn off anti-aliasing, or my pb screens were black.  this combined with the fact that a few people ruined bf2s good name with their antics, caused several unfair bans against me.  only after an admin told me my screens were black, was i able to fix the issue.  i also had to drop the tags, but that's another story. 

you should try harder to actually prove cheating instead of being so quick to lay down bans with only circumstantial evidence.  its really not fair.
It's really not as big of a deal as a lot of you guys make it out to be-it's all about the mindset. 32p Kark isn't all that hard if you know what you're doing-try 64p Wake where you have people c4ing, ftking, ramming friendly assets, blowing up friendly assets at the start of the rounds, sweeping their own teams carrier, hackers in vehicles (much harder to prove a lot of the time), hackers dropping cars (try figuring out which of the 64 people in your server is dropping cars when none of them have pbbans or are being obvious), etc. This type of thing requires admins to spend their own playing time sitting there and trying to maintain order within the chaos.

Now all you have to do is make sure you ban the obvious hackers (support/L8 100-0 types) and get rid of the people that have multiple pbbans/get infinite headshots by spec'ing them or looking at demos once in a while.

I've admined both types of servers and I'd much rather be a kark admin 99% of the time, especially with a 32p server...

You mention turning AA off like its not gonna be missed-those of us that don't buy from Dell and play on shitty comps would like to be able to run nice settings with AA and actually have some benefits from our purchases, ie being able to enjoy AA. It's not that hard for a server admin to recognize that although someone is returning black screens, they're legit since either a.) their kdr is so bad there's no way they hack or b.) the demos are clean.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6735|Reality
hackers dropping cars (try figuring out which of the 64 people in your server is dropping cars when none of them have pbbans or are being obvious), etc.
Very easy to do when you are the commander. The game always tell you, as commander, when a vehicle or supply box drops. If you don't hear anything then the hacker is on the other team. Switch teams and after awhile the idiot gives himself away. The best part is you can still be commander and play while you wait for him to drop stuff. The over head view also tells you which way people are looking so this help narrow down suspects since you have to be looking in the direction of the drops.

Caught many douchebags this way. They always screw up at one point.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5390|USA

Stubbee wrote:

hackers dropping cars (try figuring out which of the 64 people in your server is dropping cars when none of them have pbbans or are being obvious), etc.
Very easy to do when you are the commander. The game always tell you, as commander, when a vehicle or supply box drops. If you don't hear anything then the hacker is on the other team. Switch teams and after awhile the idiot gives himself away. The best part is you can still be commander and play while you wait for him to drop stuff. The over head view also tells you which way people are looking so this help narrow down suspects since you have to be looking in the direction of the drops.

Most of them are at least smart enough to auto reason anyone else trying to command, making it difficult to see what team they're on.

Additionally, they can hop in a jet or run around and be dropping cars-many hacks have it set so you can turn on car dropping and it will drop a pretty steady stream of cars around the map, meaning the hacker can be looking anywhere and still be dropping cars.

Although it is possible to eventually catch them, it can take a while and they may not screw up after they've done it for a week straight.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6373|the land of bourbon

allfive6 wrote:

Try harder? you have no idea how hard it is to admin a clean server do you?
i didn't say it wasn't hard to admin a server, all i said was that only people who are actually hacking should be banned.  not just people who wear a particular tag.  that makes it easy for people to cause all kinds of crap because they know if they hack with some other clan's tag on, that whole clan gets screwed... where's the fairness in that?

allfive6 wrote:

you have jackass's hacking left right and centre you have other players crying everyone is hacking. We do our best to admin fairly more than most. this guy who posted has the same tag as HAWAII Jr.Thug someone with many pbbans against them added to that they have all been told fix your black screen shot issue and we would even help them do so . they have decided to not fix it.  Maybe we should just take there word there not cheating.
i think people really over estimate how many people are actually hacking.  besides the occasional commander hack, i have probably seen less than 10 actual aimbots in use.

allfive6 wrote:

As a player it is up to you to prove to me your clean and your game play to be unquestionable not the other way around. if you know vista and AA cause black screen shots turn it off or run XP. if you have members in your clan who hack don't be surprised if you get your ass banned for wearing the same tag.
it's an attitude like this that makes this game almost unplayable.  as soon as i start having a good round, the admin assumes i'm hacking so he should just ban me?  excuse me but what the fuck?  thats a load of bullshit, and it's mostly enforced by weak players that think everyone is cheating.  there are a few servers left with good admins, but god dammit this game is rank with immaturity.  all i see now are fucked up rules about capping the number of kills you're allowed to have in a vehicle, or no mines or clays by flags, no soloing, etc...  learn how to play the game and stop crying ffs.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

edlT wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Most of them are at least smart enough to auto reason anyone else trying to command, making it difficult to see what team they're on.

Additionally, they can hop in a jet or run around and be dropping cars-many hacks have it set so you can turn on car dropping and it will drop a pretty steady stream of cars around the map, meaning the hacker can be looking anywhere and still be dropping cars.

Although it is possible to eventually catch them, it can take a while and they may not screw up after they've done it for a week straight.
Shit got fixed in 1.5 anyway. You only need to put up with it for another 2 or 3 weeks.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5991|Aberdeen, Scotland

steelie34 wrote:

i think people really over estimate how many people are actually hacking.  besides the occasional commander hack, i have probably seen less than 10 actual aimbots in use.
Agreed. When I was active in a clan, my mates on TS would always be calling out other players as hackers...with minimal evidence, and whenever I observed the same player, I couldn't see anything unusual...people just like to make excuses for why they are getting beat.

In 2000+ hours, I can only remember seeing 2-3 people that I knew were aimbotting, without a doubt, just by seeing them play; sure, commander-hacks have been a pain recently, but I really don't think there are as many cheaters as people think.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5602|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

steelie34 wrote:

In 18 ish months, I've seen one pretty well confirmed aimbot on jalalabad sniping(every shot was headshot rapid firing with Dragunov), and 1 unconfirmed but suspicious on karkand (1 round headshots with rpk across river to cement factory is something I would consider fairly suspicious)

Last edited by nickb64 (2009-07-25 14:55:57)

H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5859|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
lol I've seen probably more than 100 aimbotters since I started playing, people don't over estimate it, it's true countless people hack, look at 1.5 patch people had hacks straight away same with BF Heroes same will be for BF3 and all the other EA shooters, I just don't understand why hackers play so much, surely it gets boring? You only have to look on pbbans to see how many hackers there are, me being unlucky I've prob come across all of them- had a hacker just now actually on some dragon valley server, I was flying in F35 right near the red-zone over the grassy hills at about 600m high, and he artied me instantly, just 1 of the artillery hit me and killed me, and the rest of the artillery went to people on my team- then the same commander instantly killed me with a PP19 from docks while I was on carrier, theres loads of regular hackers as well, go on Polska Dragon Valley for a laugh it's 50% hackers there *las* lasserlasse seem to be on there all the time, maybe the servers so shit it's the only 1 hes not banned from
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5390|USA

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

lol I've seen probably more than 100 aimbotters since I started playing, people don't over estimate it, it's true countless people hack, look at 1.5 patch people had hacks straight away same with BF Heroes same will be for BF3 and all the other EA shooters, I just don't understand why hackers play so much, surely it gets boring? You only have to look on pbbans to see how many hackers there are, me being unlucky I've prob come across all of them- had a hacker just now actually on some dragon valley server, I was flying in F35 right near the red-zone over the grassy hills at about 600m high, and he artied me instantly, just 1 of the artillery hit me and killed me, and the rest of the artillery went to people on my team- then the same commander instantly killed me with a PP19 from docks while I was on carrier, theres loads of regular hackers as well, go on Polska Dragon Valley for a laugh it's 50% hackers there *las* lasserlasse seem to be on there all the time, maybe the servers so shit it's the only 1 hes not banned from
Saying a given server has 50% hackers is surely false and only proves that the rest of your post is discreditable imo.
H3RB4L ABU53
I didnt mean literally 50% lol I've played on there quite a few times and there seems to be always hackers- why not believe the rest of my post? I wouldn't write it for no reason
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
from what I've seen. 90 percent of the people playing bf2 bitch about 50 percent being hackers.... really not that many are, for fuck sakes how old of a game is it, and if youve been playing it since the start and cant get even a 2/1 kdr... jebus.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5991|Aberdeen, Scotland

Nic wrote:

from what I've seen. 90 percent of the people playing bf2 bitch about 50 percent being hackers
QFT. So much random crap happens in this game anyway, you learn to live with it.

Herbal, what were your criteria for deciding those '100+' people were aimbotting? People always cry hack as soon as someone gets a 1-shot kill...

Last edited by MrAnderson (2009-07-25 16:57:14)

L.Sammy
+5|5630|Ireland
There have been 13 ban(s) in the past 24 hours.

There have been 637 ban(s) in the past 30 days.

TOTAL PB BANS 15,134 Ban(s).

PB does'nt ban for no reason.
H3RB4L ABU53

L.Sammy wrote:

There have been 13 ban(s) in the past 24 hours.

There have been 637 ban(s) in the past 30 days.

TOTAL PB BANS 15,134 Ban(s).

PB does'nt ban for no reason.
This is what I mean, what are people on about hardly any hackers? And they are just the people who got caught, not everyone does.
I know if someone's hacking or not, if they get a 1 shot kill on me then fair enough, if they keep instakilling me from range then it's definately hacks, aimbots are so blatant, I've played with some very good players and it's always the random nobodys that hack.
Why whenever I post something does someone bring up my k/d ratio my k/d is 1.5 that doesnt mean i get nowhere near that in games lol it's the only account I have and thousands and thousands of deaths and crap kills have been from when I was proper noob, when I played the game the most.
Maybe the ban thing is the servers you play on, if you stick to the same well admined servers then you won't see many hackers, if you join any random servers (like me) you will see loads
H3RB4L ABU53
And if you think about it, 15,000 hackers does actually count for about 50% of the total active players on BF2
That doesn't mean 1 in 2 people in every game hack, obviously as they are banned by PB, and obviously there are a lot more than 30,000 players on BF2, just being realistic, a lot of people hack- I seem to be able to tell if someones hacking really easy and I'm not a "crying" person at all I can genuinely tell, but if I mention it people say I just cry lol

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-07-25 18:15:53)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
thats 15000 in the last how many years, vs how many players total. hell there are almost 60,000 that have been checked and active in the last month. At least I think it keeps you in the data base untill you've been unactive for a month. There were far more than 60,000 when I used to play at least. So yeah, 15000 is not that much. so 637 pbbans in the last month, which are not all hackers as youve said, to 60,000 in the list here, which is not all active players. about 1 percent. OH noes!
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5390|USA
Your walls of text hurt too much to even attempt to read.
Laika
+75|5935
Aimbotters seem to come and go in waves. Like there'll be a week where I'll see two or three and then I won't see any for a month or two.
H3RB4L ABU53

edlT wrote:

Are you copying what everyone else says, or did you mean that, theres just over 8 lines of text there lol - couldn't be fucked to read what I wrote, but replied

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-07-26 04:14:18)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6619|UK

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

edlT wrote:

Are you copying what everyone else says, or did you mean that, theres just over 8 lines of text there lol - couldn't be fucked to read what I wrote, but replied
Your signature/avatar puts me off reading anything you write. I generally ignore all your posts.
H3RB4L ABU53
Cute.Nemean^inf
+70|6317|The Netherlands

liquidat0r wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

edlT wrote:

Your signature/avatar puts me off reading anything you write. I generally ignore all your posts.
+1

Next time use some white lines.. and your avatar/signature I have blocked with firefox, not worth watching.
H3RB4L ABU53
Why tell me you blocked the image? As if I care, so because of my avatar people don't read my posts? lol but the BF2 section on here is dead it only gets a few posts a day, maybe because you get flamed for everything by moody people

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-07-26 10:56:38)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
moody people... lol says the guy who thinks 50% of people are hackers, I'd call that emo.
gotchay
+1|5395

allfive6 wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

allfive6 wrote:

you where banned for having black screens and having other members in your clan with a shit lost of pbbans against them
whilst i understand your position as an admin, since i have been on the receiving end of these types of bans, it is a bit unfair to drop the hammer without enough evidence. 

the poster is right about black PB screens being caused by hardware issues.  when i first got my 8800gtx, i had to turn off anti-aliasing, or my pb screens were black.  this combined with the fact that a few people ruined bf2s good name with their antics, caused several unfair bans against me.  only after an admin told me my screens were black, was i able to fix the issue.  i also had to drop the tags, but that's another story. 

you should try harder to actually prove cheating instead of being so quick to lay down bans with only circumstantial evidence.  its really not fair.
Try harder? you have no idea how hard it is to admin a clean server do you?
you have jackass's hacking left right and centre you have other players crying everyone is hacking. We do our best to admin fairly more than most. this guy who posted has the same tag as HAWAII Jr.Thug someone with many pbbans against them added to that they have all been told fix your black screen shot issue and we would even help them do so . they have decided to not fix it.  Maybe we should just take there word there not cheating.
As a player it is up to you to prove to me your clean and your game play to be unquestionable not the other way around. if you know vista and AA cause black screen shots turn it off or run XP. if you have members in your clan who hack don't be surprised if you get your ass banned for wearing the same tag.
Again, my point exactly, he decides to ban my friends and I simply because we have the same prefix as that lamer who in fact does cheat. You don't realize how many tags are dupes of other clans. I have no problem tagging up DAM, but that doesn't make me a part of your community does it?

I run my W7 with out AA and I run my bf2.exe in compatibility with Windows XP (SP3).

As a legit player I feel the right to play on servers without being harassed by pissy admins. I leave the banning to be done by the software or I at least wait for proof that the player is in fact cheating before unleashing a manual ban.

The only reason why we haven't come back to DAM is because of your poor attitudes and lack of patience. There are better servers out there. Shouldn't have to waste my time on your childish forums.

Don't see why I would risk my account by cheating. I get good scores in-game simply by playing fair.

Last edited by gotchay (2009-07-29 15:47:13)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard