Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6747|United States
I love medics, we all love medics, they run through waves and waves of bullets just to med you.  Most of the time, but anyway.....

What pisses me off to no end is when I encounter a group of enemies, get shot, and a med revives me.  But he dosen't clear the area of enemies.  Soooo, I get killed, get revived, then killed again by some enemy behind the corner.  LISTEN TO ME dumbass medics:  I appreciate you medding me, but DON'T med me if there are a bunch of enemies around.  I'll just get killed again.  I get killed, Mr. "Hero" medic comes along to revive me, does so, and I get killed 1 second later because an enemy was right next to us.  ALSO.  DON'T med me while I am next to an enemy tank/APC/etc.  I'll just get killed again.

I hate you dumbass medics.

Know what I'm talkin' about?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6777|AUS, Canberra
i dont have a prob with that becaase id rather he revive me ten times and take a chance that we will both survive than risk getting killed straight up and no one being alive, because when you think about it if he revives you a couple of times and it doesnt pay off its still only one death to your tally. the only time i hate being revived is when i wana swap kits!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I have revived a couple of people that have been in harms way. If the guy was quick to act he may have survived, but it was a long shot. If I do revive someone and they are killed straight away, I make sure not to revive them again unless everything is totally safe. I may just leave them to die if i'm not sure where the shots are coming from.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Adelphi
+8|6747|Long Island, NY

UBAR wrote:

Before you go to rush and revive someone, survey the situation, if you come under fire while going to the downed team mates body, either retreat or clear out the resistance before you revive the person. You may end up getting killed trying to revive him, then instead of one ticket loss, you now will lose two for your team. Or you may revive the guy, but then if you are under fire, he'll end up getting killed again, and will have to wait another 15 seconds till he can spawn. Don't revive just to get the point. If the guy you just revived does get killed again, DON'T REVIVE HIM AGAIN. Clear out the resistance first! Then revive him again. Nothing is more annoying than having a medic that will revive you again and again after being killed immediately after being revived.
Yeah, obviously some medics haven't read this section from the UBAR part of this website.  Not to mention they don't even have the common sense of a peanut. 

Oh, BTW, where is Ernie?  Ya smacktard!  lol
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6834|Australia
and its easier for a medic to revive in a group of enemies, because it even things up a little.

instead of looking at your map choosing a spawn, be ready to go again.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6792|Perth, Western Australia
You people that complain when medics revive people in a firefight make me sick. Its either bitching about not reviving, or bitching about being revived in a firefight! Calm down man, its not like it decreases your Kill Death Ratio or counts as a death. You should be happy that there is infact a medic there doing his bloody job.
Bloody Sky
+2|6851|Texas
Well I do that all the time when I'm a Medic. Because:
1. It can get pretty exciting
2. I get points
3. It's fun.... Im trying to get 100 hours of Medic so I can try for my Expert Medic and I only have a little over 50 hours... I need something to spice things up.
4. I know the person I am reviving is probably getting pretty ticked. It's fun to piss random people off..... most of the time.

And besides.... what does it matter? Sure, the guy on the other team is getting points for killing you, but look at it this way. You are not getting counted for the kills, and you dont get any deaths, and your teammate gets some points! So you get chances to get back to life.... kill them..... die.... only to be brought back to life and kill some more! See, you dont get any kills counted toward your score, and no deaths either. Everyone - except the enemies - are winners!
nating75
+0|6783

Bert10099 wrote:

What pisses me off to no end is when I encounter a group of enemies, get shot, and a med revives me.  But he dosen't clear the area of enemies.
You have to take the good with bad. They're trying to help you, as well as stay alive themselves. Put yourself into their shoes, if I was a medic with the damn L8 I would make sure as many people around me were still alive in order to stay alive. They're only trying to help.

The medics that get me are the ones that don't pay attention when you beg them for health (that goes for support players and ammo too).
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6750
^^^

Yeah, I ended up shooting at a medics feet to get his attention, and the idiot killed me.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6780|Golden, CO
A smart medic will try to clear out the area long enough to revive the the dead guy and both get the hell out.

The problem with medics constantly revivng you is that if you just die you can get back in battle instead of helping the other team pad their stats.
nating75
+0|6783

deject wrote:

A smart medic will try to clear out the area long enough to revive the the dead guy and both get the hell out.

The problem with medics constantly revivng you is that if you just die you can get back in battle instead of helping the other team pad their stats.
I agree. Sometimes, a medic doesn't know any better and just revives anything in sight. Although, I would rather have that happen than to have him let me sit there even if the enemy has been cleared. Obviously, the best medics always clear the area and then revive people, but those are few.
Amwhere
+1|6771
It seems to me, nowadays, that most medics forget they have paddles.

I find myself thinking "I hate our medics..."
SMKpaladin
+0|6747|Germany
I like being medic around snipers, on Wake Island there are many snipers and sometimes there are many snipers  laying next to another. So they shoot the enemey snipers and when they get shot, I revive them. Never ever did a sniper complain about this, couse I know, when he gets back to life and the enemy is still there, he can take another shot at the enemy sniper and maybe get him killed. Of course it's kinda hard, if the enemy is just waiting for me to get my teammate revived, but I have fun with this kinda tense situation.

Another thing I do very often is, when there are more enemies than teammates around, I try to revive everyone ASAP, couse as long as the enemy has something to shoot at, they don't shoot me And sometimes, if there is no enemy medic doing the same, it even works, so that my teammates get the upper hand of the situation and manage to take 'em all out.

Still you have to remember, that when you are revived, every kill you do still counts towards the "kill streak" stat. Look at my stats, I have a kill streak of 32, and I am the worst pilot you can imagine, the only thing I hit as a pilot, are friendlies. So this means these 32 only comes from "on-foot" battles. I'm pretty sure I died a couple of times during these 32, but got revived enough times to get it.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6820
I always jump straight up and run for nearest cover, get my bearings then continue killing.
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6742|DUTCH snap ik!
i know what you mean dude iam also a medic freak just because the points i get i love too revive,heal people but some are dumb they revive you then you die revive and so on but the medic get's the points!
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6775|Human Meat Shield
Well in a tense firefight and someone revives you; the whole idea the medic has is to revive and HOPE you run the other way to regroup. The idea is not to revive to see you die again and again, maybe for stats but I don't think shock paddles against a tank is gonna win because all I see is that medics always have those paddles out. I thank them constantly, and the ones that change kits just to revive, I either go on thier Squad or follow them.
nating75
+0|6783

imdead wrote:

Well in a tense firefight and someone revives you; the whole idea the medic has is to revive and HOPE you run the other way to regroup. The idea is not to revive to see you die again and again, maybe for stats but I don't think shock paddles against a tank is gonna win because all I see is that medics always have those paddles out. I thank them constantly, and the ones that change kits just to revive, I either go on thier Squad or follow them.
Yeah, I've ran up on a few tanks to blow them up and pulled out my health pack. They don't work as well as C4. [I usually play spec-op and I forget I have the medic kit]

Last edited by nating75 (2005-11-19 10:54:50)

divided
Clear!
+3|6779

nating75 wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

What pisses me off to no end is when I encounter a group of enemies, get shot, and a med revives me.  But he dosen't clear the area of enemies.
You have to take the good with bad. They're trying to help you, as well as stay alive themselves. Put yourself into their shoes, if I was a medic with the damn L8 I would make sure as many people around me were still alive in order to stay alive. They're only trying to help.

The medics that get me are the ones that don't pay attention when you beg them for health (that goes for support players and ammo too).
No they're not trying to help him.  They just want their 2 points.  Trust me, I did it all the time on karkand.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6780|Golden, CO
Of course if your squad leader goes down, every effort should be made to revive him, even if you die.  After all if you can revive him and you die, you can always spawn on him instead of having the whole squad die and then have to trek back to where you were.  Also, if I'm in a sticky situation, I'll try to revive anyone around me because I know I'm fucked on my own.
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6788
it would be great if medics could drag...

Anyone who played SWG remembers how combat medics could drag someone from the fray before reviving them.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6820
That'd be awesome, Bubkin!!!
Silk05
+0|6746|Christchurch, New Zealand
My squad and i usually run the tactics of everyone else laying down fire to cover the medic while he revives the point man. Works 9 out of 10 times, but there are always glitches. Yeah medics who just dive right in their to heal are a pain as you would rather respawn on your squad leader. But i think medics who run off and dont do anything when there is very little gunfire around are worse...
FourStars
+1|6746|Australia
depends on the ammount of enemies surrounding, if theres only 2-3 ill take the chance of killing them first, if i dont stand a chance ill be diving on the person to revive em and help me out, too bad if they get killed again
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6820
Lol, it'd be cool if you could use the bodies as cover.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard