*RIP*gonzo21
+11|6536|Texas
Well here i am already bored with BF2, and not sure of what game to play now. I really need some advice about any games out there or new ones coming out in the next month or so. I was a new gamer when BF2 came out and really enjoyed that style of game play. (FPS). I also like to play only one game at a time. Either beat the game or play until I get bored with it. Like now.

But I will not be buying BF2142. I played the demo and was really disappointed, first it took to dam long to download it from EAdownloader. (16 hrs.) And I am on a cable connection with a max of 5MB down. Not my connection casuing the slow speed. Then when I finally played it, I first hated that there was only four kits to choose from. Also the amount of weapons you have to choose from were very limited. I really enjoyed flyin the choppers in BF2, but forget trying for fly this piece of sh!t in BF2142. Dont know what it is called, but it flies worse than the Spetsnaz chopper. Overall I HATED the game.

So now I need a new game to play. I really like to play online, but would sometimes like to play single player once in a while to try and better my skills. So no MMORPG games. I also have been downloading several demo versions of some games, but have not found something I like.

So please, if you would, give me some ideas of new games out or coming out in the next few months. I really need to get away from BF2 already, its getting kind of boring.

Thanks in advance.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6661
counter strike source
schakl
+21|6700
Hi !!!

FEAR was nice or an older one like Far Cry. But for a BF2 pro the single player games might not be funny, because the NPCs alsways act similiar, not as funny as real players.
Just try some older (and cheaper) games, they cost some bucks and if you got a bad one not much is lost.
Deadman
+34|6454|England
Have you tried the Point Of Existence mod, It adds a whole new dimension to bf2, honestly.
A lot of people, including me, thinks it's better then the original BF2.
www.pointofexistence.com

Then there is Half-life2, just unbelievable.
*RIP*gonzo21
+11|6536|Texas
Cant go backwards, the graphics is what makes a game. But POE was a great mod. Now those choppers were fun, because you could lock on to ground vehicles. Loved it. But there is usually very little teamplay on any of the POE servers.
Buffnuggles
+11|6744|The Hague, Netherlands
Wait for Armed Assault!! It's gonna be out 1st Q2007.
http://www.armedassault.com
Deadman
+34|6454|England

*RIP*gonzo21 wrote:

Cant go backwards, the graphics is what makes a game...
Totaly agree.
So did you try Half-Life2? The graphics and visual theme on HL2 just blows BF2 out of the water.
Not to get confused with the original Half-Life.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6730|Las Vegas
Hang tight for Enemy territory: Quake Wars. 03/07

Crysis isn't looking too bad either. 01/07

Doesn't really seem to be a lot of promising titles launching between now and December.  I was hoping that 2142 would fill the void but I can't stand to play it so it looks pretty bleak for a couple of months...

edit: link

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-10-19 01:06:44)

Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6667|Brisbane, Australia

Hey, HL rapes all other games, the graphics at the time were mind blowing [I had nightmares for ages! Like 12 YO at the time] The gameplay was stunning, and so far, no other game has ever or will ever come close to the quality of the HL realm
diglow~Flow
+32|6638|British Columbia, Canada
lol ill prob go and get into a CS:S clan... lol any recruting hehe
*RIP*gonzo21
+11|6536|Texas
Thanks for the feedback, I think Im going to try Half-Life2 for now until ArmedAssault comes out. Now that looks promising. Gotta check more into it.
Again thanks for the feedback.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6463|Cambridge, UK

*RIP*gonzo21 wrote:

Well here i am already bored with BF2.....
lol at the already ... you've played  1185 hours!!!! Though I guess I have played that much in the CS, CZ ,CSS arena.

If you havnt done HL2 defo a good idea, and if you can afford it you could buy the 'Source Premier Pack' then you can also play HL2:Lost coast, HL2:Episode 1, original HL on the source engine, and CS:S and DOD:S  - I've played them and love them all. The HL series is best single player series and CS:S and DOD:S will give yo good fun multiplayer online fun.

Personlly I'm just takinga break from BF2 and my CS:CZ clan by playing GuildWars which after playing 60 hours in my first week I can recomend if you like that sort of thing.

Last edited by KylieTastic (2006-10-19 16:25:05)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6769|Argentina
Company of Heroes, it's a RTS, but it's an amazing game.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6608|Seattle

Stroker 64 pwns all.

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-10-19 16:43:36)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Gen. Payne
+50|6718|USA

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

counter strike source
Just avoid the CSS Dynamic Pricing Beta Servers....ugh.

Company of Heroes is good tho. Go for it!
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6656|Canada
New version of America's Army is out. Finally downloaded it and played last night. It is one game I can actually play well with my terrible internet. Co-op maps have very little lag, while BF2 is constant lag (so bad that I can't blay anymore).
Crysis looks amazing, but still have a while to wait
CSS is fun
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6606|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
i have my left and right hand to play with

CS:S is overrated, go for DoD:S its an awesome game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard