Poll

Should I Be Worried About This Nuclear Threat????? (NFL)

Yes, be very afraid.7%7% - 4
Yes, but don't get crazy, gather supplies and be ready.20%20% - 11
No, WTF is wrong with you, terrorists are stupid.72%72% - 40
Total: 55
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6644|Seattle, WA
So from my local news:
http://www.komo4.com/stories/46046.htm
and NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9738342
Government skeptical of threat against NFL stadiums

An exercept:

Komo 4 News wrote:

WASHINGTON - A Web site is claiming that seven NFL football stadiums will be hit with radiological dirty bombs this weekend, but the government on Wednesday expressed doubts about the threat.

The warning, posted Oct. 12, was part of an ongoing Internet conversation titled "New Attack on America Be Afraid." It mentioned NFL stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland, where games are scheduled for this weekend.

The Homeland Security Department alerted authorities and stadium owners in those cities, as well as the NFL, of the Web message but said the threat was being viewed "with strong skepticism." Officials at the NCAA, which oversees college athletics, said they too had been notified.

Seattle police say they are aware that Qwest Field is mentioned in the Internet threat, but they say the threat "has not been deemed to be credible."

The Seahawks are scheduled to play the Minnesota Vikings at Qwest Field on Sunday.

Qwest Field officials say no events have been canceled because of the threat.

Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said there was no intelligence that indicated such an attack was imminent, and he said the alert was "out of an abundance of caution."

"The department strongly encourages the public to continue to go about their plans, including attending events that involve large public gatherings such as football games," Knocke said.

The FBI also expressed doubt about the threat.

"While the credibility of the threat is questionable, we have passed the information on because it has been carried in some open source reporting," said FBI spokesman Richard Kolko. He said the FBI was discussing the threat with the NFL as "part of our routine discussions this week."

The nation's alert level remains at yellow, signaling an elevated risk of an attack. The threat level for airline flights is at orange, a higher level, where it has been since a foiled plot to bomb U.S.-bound commercial jets was revealed on Aug. 10.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said stadiums around the country "are very well protected through the comprehensive security procedures we have in place, including secure facility perimeters, pat-downs and bag searches."

Officials were made aware of the Web posting on Oct. 16. The threat was timed to be carried out on Sunday, Oct. 22, marking the final day in Mecca of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month.

"The death toll will approach 100,000 from the initial blasts and countless other fatalities will later occur as result from radioactive fallout," according to a copy of the posting that was obtained by The Associated Press.

The bombs, according to the posting, would be delivered to the stadiums in trucks. All but one of the stadiums - Atlanta - are open-air arenas, the posting noted, adding: "Due to the open air, the radiological fallout will destroy those not killed in the initial explosion."

Explosions would be nearly simultaneous, the posting said, with the cities specifically chosen in different time zones.

The posting said that al-Qaida would automatically be blamed for the attacks and predicted, "Later, through al-Jazeera, Osama bin Laden will issue a video message claiming responsibility for what he dubbed 'America's Hiroshima."'
So, what do you think guys, I'm thinking I'm just gonna relax, and have stuff ready, and just in case shit goes down I'm heading east away from Seattle.  The main reason I bring up my emotions about this....My mom's going to be at the game on Sunday, 22nd.  I'm just worried, I guess, I dunno guys, comfort me.

Last edited by AlbertWesker[RE] (2006-10-19 00:26:37)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
Nothins gonna happen...
PRiMACORD
+190|6625|Home of the Escalade Herds
No need to worry, the goverment has spent 300 billion dollars on homeland security.

Tee hee.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6644|Seattle, WA

PRiMACORD wrote:

No need to worry, the goverment has spent 300 billion dollars on homeland security.

Tee hee.
Thanks for amazingly instilling me with confidence with your chiding and sarcastic remark.
PRiMACORD
+190|6625|Home of the Escalade Herds

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

Tee hee.
Thanks for amazingly instilling me with confidence with your chiding and sarcastic remark.
Sorry, missed the bit about your mom

I wouldn't worry though, the whole thing sounds highly improbable.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6644|Seattle, WA

PRiMACORD wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

Tee hee.
Sorry, missed the bit about your mom

I wouldn't worry though, the whole thing sounds highly improbable.
Thanks, your probably right I am just worrying myself, but just in case, my car will have a full tank of gas, and minor supplies (water, some non-perishables).

Night all.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6545|Sverige (SWE)
Everything is possible but very remote
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6722|Eastern PA
There's gonna be a biological threat after all those chili dogs are digested.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

I really can't see anything happen. I suppose it's possible, but extremely unlikely.
herrr_smity
+156|6628|space command ur anus
one more thing to keep the American public scared
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645
What are the chances they will attack Seattle or suburbs of Seattle taking in a fact that you dont live in the downtown area of seattle , if the terrorists would want to destroy anything it would be Washingot D.C. or some other major city, which is closer to east coast. Also you have nothing to worry about just go on with ur life, if you are worried about this then you listen and trust the government way too much, dont be a sheeple use your mind to rationalize.

Last edited by blademaster (2006-10-19 09:17:33)

Colfax
PR Only
+70|6644|United States - Illinois

blademaster wrote:

What are the chances they will attack Seattle or suburbs of Seattle taking in a fact that you dont live in the downtown area of seattle , if the terrorists would want to destroy anything it would be Washingot D.C. or some other major city, which is closer to east coast. Also you have nothing to worry about just go on with ur life, if you are worried about this then you listen and trust the government way too much, dont be a sheeple use your mind to rationalize.
Why when you can kill tens of thousands instantly by the initial blast and tens of thousands more by the nuclear aspect of the dirty bomb.  If you target a stadium you got thousands of people in one place you can kill easier.

Anyways i'm not saying its gonna happen and I'm not saying to freak out.  The possibility of an attack is imminent at any time.  Go about your life and don't think about it.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556
Yawn
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6696|NJ
Election Year, this will be the first of 3-5 major "THREATS" we have in the next month... To give the american public a false sense of security toward politicans doing taking the proper steps..
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6550|Southeastern USA
it's a plot by karl rove, designed to scare people into voting republican

all the same, my balcony faces north, i'll be sipping wine, smoking an arturo fuente, and wathcing atlanta for the smoke plume
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6644|United States - Illinois
Well technically this would be one threat made.  Earlier  they made terror threats that would happen in the month of ramadan.  Nothing has happened yet to the U.S. and this weekend would be the end of that month.  So if they do what they say it should happen by this weekend.
The#1Spot
+105|6540|byah
Well if Bush wasnt a pussy we would have no soldiers on foot only tanks, attack helos and bombers blowing every thing in site that is causing the threat none of this would happen cause they would be too scared to test us. they take our rights by saying you dis on our country and we will bomb you then we might as well do it to them(no suicide bombing obvoiusly).

Last edited by The#1Spot (2006-10-19 10:17:09)

Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6548|USA bitches!

Masques wrote:

There's gonna be a biological threat after all those chili dogs are digested.
FUCKING CLASSIC!!
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6696|NJ

The#1Spot wrote:

Well if Bush wasnt a pussy we would have no soldiers on foot only tanks, attack helos and bombers blowing every thing in site that is causing the threat none of this would happen cause they would be too scared to test us. they take our rights by saying you dis on our country and we will bomb you then we might as well do it to them(no suicide bombing obvoiusly).
Yeah just like how noone attacks the isreals..
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Why should you worry about any threat?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command
They busted the guy who posted the threat.

Typical angry American, probably hates football...like me.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6550|Southeastern USA

Colfax wrote:

Well technically this would be one threat made.  Earlier  they made terror threats that would happen in the month of ramadan.  Nothing has happened yet to the U.S. and this weekend would be the end of that month.  So if they do what they say it should happen by this weekend.
wasn't ahmadenijad supposedly going to "set the skies on fire" with his answer to the west over nuke tech?
jonsimon
+224|6495

kr@cker wrote:

Colfax wrote:

wasn't ahmadenijad supposedly going to "set the skies on fire" with his answer to the west over nuke tech?
I hope the NFL doesn't add any new teams.

Introducing the Salem Skies.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644
CNN just reported 2 minutes ago that it was a hoax
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6542|Texas - Bigger than France
Wow, if this were to happen in Tempe, AZ, the Cardinals would still lose even if the other team died at halftime...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard