GATOR591957
+84|6627
How do you fight a war against terrorism.  Especially when there are no guidlines outlining what does and does not constitute terrorism.  I was reviewing this last night and it occured to me that Hitler was attempting the same thing in his war against the Jews.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Nukes
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6751|Chicago.
Terrorism:  the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.

The way you fight a war against an intangible object is to fight the tangible object that keeps that particular intangible alive and well. Thus, we attack the terrorists who harbor terrorism.

Last edited by BigmacK (2006-10-18 13:40:09)

Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6709|Wilmington, DE, US

BigmacK wrote:

Terrorism:  the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.

The way you fight a war against an intangible object is to fight the tangible object that keeps that particular intangible alive and well. Thus, we attack the terrorists who harbor terrorism.
And then you attack the terrorists using terrorism!
GATOR591957
+84|6627

BigmacK wrote:

So does raising terror alerts amount to terroism, especially when the heat was turned up on GW?

Show me anywhere in the recent bill that was signed by GW what constitutes terrorism.  They charged a guy that shot a crossbow at a driver that gave him the finger with a terrorist act.

Last edited by GATOR591957 (2006-10-18 13:46:13)

BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6751|Chicago.

Ikarti wrote:

It's called military action, not deliberate suicidal mayhem.

GATOR591957 wrote:

So does raising terror alerts amount to terroism, especially when the heat was turned up on GW?
No, the wrongful deaths of innocent people ammounts to terrorism.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

BigmacK wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Lord, I doth protest! Secret CIA prisons, torture, detaining the innocent? Sounds like sheer terror to me.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Ikarti wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Lord, I doth protest! Secret CIA prisons, torture, detaining the innocent? Sounds like sheer terror to me.
I bet it does.
GATOR591957
+84|6627

BigmacK wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

Does that include innocent Iraqi's killed by us the USA?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15320226/?GT1=8618

Last edited by GATOR591957 (2006-10-18 13:53:43)

Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

I bet it does.
Well, at least the concept of torture doesn't bother one of us.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

I bet it does.
Since you have no idea what true terror is, I will let your statements go into my recycle bin.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

GATOR591957 wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

Does that include innocents killed by Saddam......on purpose.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I bet it does.
Since you have no idea what true terror is, I will let your statements go into my recycle bin.
You'd be surprised. Of course, you've never really been too sharp on this forum, so keep on telling people what they do and do not know if you wish.
GATOR591957
+84|6627

usmarine2005 wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

I'll answer your question after you answer mine.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

usmarine2005 wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

Oddly enough, this isn't about Saddam. Saddam was not fighting a war on terror. The USA is fighting a war on terror. Nice try.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

You'd be surprised. Of course, you've never really been too sharp on this forum, so keep on telling people what they do and do not know if you wish.
So...you have driven down raods just waiting for an IED to explode?  Have you walked down a street just waiting to be sniped?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

Oddly enough, this isn't about Saddam. Saddam was not fighting a war on terror. The USA is fighting a war on terror. Nice try.
He killed people because they disagreed, or at least he thought they did,  with his ideas..................oh my, idealology.
GATOR591957
+84|6627

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

So...you have driven down raods just waiting for an IED to explode?  Have you walked down a street just waiting to be sniped?
I understand where you are coming from and applaud your service to our country.  My question and the reason for the post in the first place is did you need to be there in the first place?
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

No, but if I really wanted to I could. Signing up for the armed forces isn't terribly difficult. I'd say there's a difference between a WAR and terror though. I'll give it to you that they can go hand in hand, but I don't see why you'd be so apathetic toward torture if you experienced something like that.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

He killed people because they disagreed, or at least he thought they did,  with his ideas..................oh my, idealology.
Was Saddam using terror to combat terror though?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Have you been stuck in a jail cell for years, regularily having various forms of torture used on you? I'd take the IED's and snipers any day; at least if it happens it's quick. (Yes yes I'm fully aware it may not kill me)
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6549|Southeastern USA

Ikarti wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

terrifying!
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

ideology is a facade to move the masses into action ... dig deep enough ... you'll find coin.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

ghettoperson wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Have you been stuck in a jail cell for years, regularily having various forms of torture used on you? I'd take the IED's and snipers any day; at least if it happens it's quick. (Yes yes I'm fully aware it may not kill me)
People get thrown in jails for reasons.  A very, very, very small number may be innocent, but life isn't perfect.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard