unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,998|6197|USA

Nothing alike. Do Ken and I have heated discussions at length about how Korean are Korean-Americans or any other race/nationality relations in the country? Dilbert v Uzique has been the biggest source of heat on this forum for years now. By contrast, I don't even remember what (if anything) Ken or I have sniped at each other with in the past.

Uzique has been the one bringing up how conservative Koreans feel about Korean-Americans, how "Korean" Korean-Americans can be considered. All the good reasons Koreans have to hate them (but they have hot dog stands in Seoul). His own reservations about expats as worthwhile, or very Korean people(??). Very touchy on Korea, no telling when a remark about kimchi or something vaguely Korea-related will spawn a several page long diatribe about how little we know.

Whatever the case may be, it's definitely not a country in southeast asia, and nightly microwave tendies are very unhealthy for you.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-04-14 15:26:17)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,786|5531|eXtreme to the maX
Its northern South East Asia
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,786|5531|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

i'm not talking about statistically, dilbert. i mean in terms of social behaviour. it's not ethnic minorities who start shit at bars or nightclubs. they've probably been conditioned by a lifetime of low-level victimization/tough ghetto upbringings to keep their heads down in such charged environments. it's the entitled meatheads who create a ruckus.

in britain, an environment you're still somewhat familiar with, i imagine, who starts shit on the high-street on a saturday night? it's not the pakistani community or the british-nigerians. it's your boozed up, football-lad gammon. you know it full well. and it's as much to do with the way they're socialized and entitled, rather than them being a pure overwhelming majority, numbers-wise.

white people fear the consequences of their lawless or anti-social behaviour a lot less. i can at least honestly attest to this with my own partying and drug-use. but, then again, i've never inflicted physical harm upon another person. so there's that. at least i'm honest about the antisociality of my people.

and, if you're talking about 'real crime statistics', obviously you would know that the most categories of crime that involve a preponderance of minority perpetrators are normally 'black-on-black' violence, i.e. kept to deprived enclaves.

never had a problem or altercation with anyone in the UK, nor here in korea. but i've read too many anecdotes about bar-room brawls or car-park encounters from the states. the society is altogether more violent than anywhere i've ever been, 'statistically' or no. so calling living in korea 'exhausting' isn't quite cricket.
Yes if you stay out of black areas and stick to white areas and white events it is more likely you'll be assaulted by a white guy than a black guy.

Amazing, have you thought about writing a paper about this?

OTOH If you walk around a ghetto and go to a rap dive with your NB sneakers and Macbook to sample ethnic noises chances are you'll have an unpleasant time and your Korean girl won't be seen again.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6139|Purplicious Wisconsin
Does anyone find it funny we are talking about guns in the Race Relations thread, and meanwhile in this thread we are talking about race relations?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,998|6197|USA

It's very bf2s.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,277|6141
but what has all of this got to do with the situation in sri lanka?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
Member
+476|2877

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Uzique has been the one bringing up how conservative Koreans feel about Korean-Americans, how "Korean" Korean-Americans can be considered. All the good reasons Koreans have to hate them (but they have hot dog stands in Seoul).
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm … story.html

do you think i'm just making this shit up, or what? i don't make the rules, you asperger's case study.

Based on her interactions in South Korea, Babe says she can break down the attitudes toward gyopo into three types.

She described the first as “a person that’s older who is sort of angry about you being a Korean but not being fully Korean.”
but i guess because you shop at your local korean mart for seaweed that you know about the cultural dynamics in korea.

Last edited by uziq (2022-04-16 10:58:04)

uziq
Member
+476|2877

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

i'm not talking about statistically, dilbert. i mean in terms of social behaviour. it's not ethnic minorities who start shit at bars or nightclubs. they've probably been conditioned by a lifetime of low-level victimization/tough ghetto upbringings to keep their heads down in such charged environments. it's the entitled meatheads who create a ruckus.

in britain, an environment you're still somewhat familiar with, i imagine, who starts shit on the high-street on a saturday night? it's not the pakistani community or the british-nigerians. it's your boozed up, football-lad gammon. you know it full well. and it's as much to do with the way they're socialized and entitled, rather than them being a pure overwhelming majority, numbers-wise.

white people fear the consequences of their lawless or anti-social behaviour a lot less. i can at least honestly attest to this with my own partying and drug-use. but, then again, i've never inflicted physical harm upon another person. so there's that. at least i'm honest about the antisociality of my people.

and, if you're talking about 'real crime statistics', obviously you would know that the most categories of crime that involve a preponderance of minority perpetrators are normally 'black-on-black' violence, i.e. kept to deprived enclaves.

never had a problem or altercation with anyone in the UK, nor here in korea. but i've read too many anecdotes about bar-room brawls or car-park encounters from the states. the society is altogether more violent than anywhere i've ever been, 'statistically' or no. so calling living in korea 'exhausting' isn't quite cricket.
Yes if you stay out of black areas and stick to white areas and white events it is more likely you'll be assaulted by a white guy than a black guy.

Amazing, have you thought about writing a paper about this?

OTOH If you walk around a ghetto and go to a rap dive with your NB sneakers and Macbook to sample ethnic noises chances are you'll have an unpleasant time and your Korean girl won't be seen again.
i spent most of my 20s going out in 'black areas', going to club nights for 'black' music, hanging around with non-white people, in 'multicultural' areas. i lived in areas which were predominantly non-white. never once feared violence in these spaces.

drunk white males are a nightmare category of their own.

if you want to talk about 'statistics', check out the statistics for alcohol-related violence, disorder, or affray. a lot of unruly crackers.

also ... you do realize ... my exact NB sneakers ... are cult items in black culture?

https://www.sneakerfreaker.com/news/dmv … -obsession

and LOL at the idea that non-whites don't have access to macbooks.

jesus fucking christ dude

Last edited by uziq (2022-04-16 11:02:05)

unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,998|6197|USA

uziq wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Uzique has been the one bringing up how conservative Koreans feel about Korean-Americans, how "Korean" Korean-Americans can be considered. All the good reasons Koreans have to hate them (but they have hot dog stands in Seoul).
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm … story.html

do you think i'm just making this shit up, or what? i don't make the rules, you asperger's case study.

Based on her interactions in South Korea, Babe says she can break down the attitudes toward gyopo into three types.

She described the first as “a person that’s older who is sort of angry about you being a Korean but not being fully Korean.”
but i guess because you shop at your local korean mart for seaweed that you know about the cultural dynamics in korea.
Was mac attesting a few posts back that ken vs. I (??) is like you vs. dilbert? I don't know where he gets that from. If we had the same kind of running grudge match at all that you two have, this forum would have twice as many posts.

Most of the Korea stuff here are your talking points these days. You know best about the country, its people, and its expats because you've been there for like a year or whatever. Everything else is invalid and nobody dares interject. It is funny to hear about you speaking of prejudices in the country now. You've been really touchy and defensive about it in the past. Who'd have thought that it wasn't all just stuff from displaced Korean War survivors or whatever.

Article from 2010, good job. If I posted something from 2010 you'd rip me a new one for going off of a bunch of obsolete cultural data. There's adult Koreans living/visiting here about as fresh as your own visit to Korea. Not to mention there's this thing called the internet where you can talk to people from all over the world.

I'm not really that interested in it from you, anyway. If I want to know about life in Korea for an English-speaking visitor, I'll ask you or check out your photo blogging here. If I want to know about more about Korea, I can ask a Korean without going far out of my way to.
uziq
Member
+476|2877
yeah the cultural attitudes held by old koreans have really changed in the last decade. they’re a famously changeable demographic.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,786|5531|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

i spent most of my 20s going out in 'black areas', going to club nights for 'black' music, hanging around with non-white people, in 'multicultural' areas. i lived in areas which were predominantly non-white. never once feared violence in these spaces.

drunk white males are a nightmare category of their own.

if you want to talk about 'statistics', check out the statistics for alcohol-related violence, disorder, or affray. a lot of unruly crackers.

also ... you do realize ... my exact NB sneakers ... are cult items in black culture?

https://www.sneakerfreaker.com/news/dmv … -obsession

and LOL at the idea that non-whites don't have access to macbooks.

jesus fucking christ dude
Not in the grimy parts of America though eh, which is what the conversation is about.

"I went to a club in Bristol and didn't get murdered so Detroit nightlife is perfectly safe for white people"
OK

The more cult your trainers the more likely someone will steal them no?
Honestly its as if you've never been outdoors.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
Member
+476|2877
are you just pulling things out of thin air? detroit hosts several internationally famous electronic music festivals.

detroit's downtown has been regenerated in recent years by ... craft-beer-drinking, techno-listening arts hipsters (not to celebrate that, but ...).

those music scenes are generally pretty inclusive and positive. people are interested in the music. you don't get violence at club events like that because people aren't there to start shit or hit on women or any of the other things that normally lead to altercations.

so your argument is i'm more likely to encounter violence if i go into a ghetto? i'm talking about white drunken people and the likelihood of getting bashed in my day-to-day life. great way to detour the discussion. yes, i'll walk around the most deprived areas of a country with very conspicuous signs of wealth on my person. you just proved your deepest theories about race! well done!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,786|5531|eXtreme to the maX
I've been around white people all my life and never felt threatened once

Amazing
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
Member
+476|2877
ok boomer
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,786|5531|eXtreme to the maX
So we're agreed, it wouldn't be sensible to walk around a black area of America showing signs of conspicuous wealth

Can we recover another uziq-hijacked thread and get back to talking about guns?

Everyone tells me I should buy a 6.5mm Creedmoor rifle but I still want a .308 so I can shoot the .308 matches and get better barrel life.

Maybe I'll just start with .223 and see if there are shorter range matches, although while .308 rifles will take 7.62x51 NATO .223 will not take 5.56x45 NATO. Finding a civilian 5.56 here then finding ammo is probably going to be too hard. Perversely in the UK its a doddle.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+591|3144

Dilbert_X wrote:

I've been around white people all my life and never felt threatened once
That's because you are the danger.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,277|6141

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

i'm not talking about statistically, dilbert. i mean in terms of social behaviour. it's not ethnic minorities who start shit at bars or nightclubs. they've probably been conditioned by a lifetime of low-level victimization/tough ghetto upbringings to keep their heads down in such charged environments. it's the entitled meatheads who create a ruckus.

in britain, an environment you're still somewhat familiar with, i imagine, who starts shit on the high-street on a saturday night? it's not the pakistani community or the british-nigerians. it's your boozed up, football-lad gammon. you know it full well. and it's as much to do with the way they're socialized and entitled, rather than them being a pure overwhelming majority, numbers-wise.

white people fear the consequences of their lawless or anti-social behaviour a lot less. i can at least honestly attest to this with my own partying and drug-use. but, then again, i've never inflicted physical harm upon another person. so there's that. at least i'm honest about the antisociality of my people.

and, if you're talking about 'real crime statistics', obviously you would know that the most categories of crime that involve a preponderance of minority perpetrators are normally 'black-on-black' violence, i.e. kept to deprived enclaves.

never had a problem or altercation with anyone in the UK, nor here in korea. but i've read too many anecdotes about bar-room brawls or car-park encounters from the states. the society is altogether more violent than anywhere i've ever been, 'statistically' or no. so calling living in korea 'exhausting' isn't quite cricket.
Yes if you stay out of black areas and stick to white areas and white events it is more likely you'll be assaulted by a white guy than a black guy.

Amazing, have you thought about writing a paper about this?

OTOH If you walk around a ghetto and go to a rap dive with your NB sneakers and Macbook to sample ethnic noises chances are you'll have an unpleasant time and your Korean girl won't be seen again.
i spent most of my 20s going out in 'black areas', going to club nights for 'black' music, hanging around with non-white people, in 'multicultural' areas. i lived in areas which were predominantly non-white. never once feared violence in these spaces.

drunk white males are a nightmare category of their own.

if you want to talk about 'statistics', check out the statistics for alcohol-related violence, disorder, or affray. a lot of unruly crackers.

also ... you do realize ... my exact NB sneakers ... are cult items in black culture?

https://www.sneakerfreaker.com/news/dmv … -obsession

and LOL at the idea that non-whites don't have access to macbooks.

jesus fucking christ dude
gotta agree with you on that one, its always white cunts who want to start a fight. glasgow smile doesnt come from the blecks either.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,277|6141

Dilbert_X wrote:

I've been around white people all my life and never felt threatened once

Amazing
then again you live in adelaide.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,277|6141

Dilbert_X wrote:

So we're agreed, it wouldn't be sensible to walk around a black area of America showing signs of conspicuous wealth

Can we recover another uziq-hijacked thread and get back to talking about guns?

Everyone tells me I should buy a 6.5mm Creedmoor rifle but I still want a .308 so I can shoot the .308 matches and get better barrel life.

Maybe I'll just start with .223 and see if there are shorter range matches, although while .308 rifles will take 7.62x51 NATO .223 will not take 5.56x45 NATO. Finding a civilian 5.56 here then finding ammo is probably going to be too hard. Perversely in the UK its a doddle.
276 shahanne and 7mm seems to be all the rage with the precision shooting nerds
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,786|5531|eXtreme to the maX
I have no idea what 276 shahanne is
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,277|6141
my bad 284 shehane, got my spelling all funny.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,786|5531|eXtreme to the maX
OK so you got the numbers and the words wrong

I can't really be bothered going to some whackadoodle calibre, I'll go with a common cartridge and just shoot in that class.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-04-19 02:06:41)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,998|6197|USA

Relax dilbert, it's just a typo. As I understand it, .284 Shehane is improved .284 Winchester, and a competition-winning round. "Whackadoodle" lol.

Just go with a round you can get easily in Australia, I guess. I don't know what availability is like down there and Win vs. Shehane might be splitting hairs for a hobby shooter. There's videos out there, and forums full of opinions.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,786|5531|eXtreme to the maX
Yeah not really caring about that one, it would be 6.5CM or .308/7.62

Its a small market here and a lot of stuff just isn't imported.

That and people go nuts about stuff which has a really marginal benefit.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,998|6197|USA

Part of the allure to buying a new kind of gun when you already have guns is the novelty of it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard