unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

tl;dr You don't need an "assault-style" weapon for self-defense, and it would just look bad. "Yeah that guy was really looking forward to shooting someone. Just look at his gun." Get a .22 pistol or something, who cares.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Since I live in dense mixed use apartment building now, is it a good time to invest in an AR-15 for home defense?
Realistically you'd probably be better off with a rock or a stick, at close range and especially considering the quality of mass-market ARs these days.

Do you even care about home defence? If someone broke in wouldn't you just say "I'm going to a hotel for the duration, vape timer unlocks 5pm Saturday, make sure to leave me enough fresh milk, you can play with my gundams just put them back"?

But nobody buys ARs for home defence, zombie apocalypse obviously but you've missed the boat on ammo and reloading materials so we're back to rock or stick.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-04-12 00:34:02)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3423
i think i'd rather stretch the extra few hundred bucks a month to rent in a nicer, safer area than rent in a place where i'll be fearful of home invasion and have to invest $3000-5000 on a weapon. but that's just me.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You can be fearful wherever you like though.
uziq
+492|3423
i've never been afraid of personal harm in any place i've lived.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
That's because you are the danger.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3423
i think the person most likely to commit a mass shooting on this forum has been you for a long, long time.

i bet you've got a scrip that's more worrying than the bug-eyed batman theater shooter.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Uzique, you have been moving between continents for years being a danger to women while dressed up in women's clothing like Carmen Sandiego.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZGJlOTk0MTYtZGU2OS00MDc4LTg2MGUtYzRjYmNlNjNkOTYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzA2MzYwOTg@._V1_.jpg
Where are the girls buried, Waldo? Help us bring them home.
uziq
+492|3423
at least i don't have to cross the street in my own neighbourhood because some depressed military wife's hero husband might kick my ass.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yes, you only have to worry about Jay kicking your ass.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
January 2nd 2022, Seoul South Korea

Kimberly "Kim" Lee age 22 is walking home at 3 AM from her job as a sushi bar hostess. Kim is about to make the most fateful decision of her life. This dark and rainy night she decides to take a detour through an isolated long alley to get home quicker.

While solemnly walking down the alley Kim hears in the distance clop...clop...clop. "Is that a horse?" Kim announces. The young lady stops to look around for the horse but sees only darkness and mixed use housing. The clops stop too. "Weird" Kim thinks. She then continues her slow walk home. Just then in the more near distance clop...clop...clop. A shiver goes through Kim as she stops to look for the horse but she finds nothing. Before Kim can take a other step she hears a clop. This one was close this time. Too close. Kim begins to run down the alley while just behind her is a furious beat of clop clop clop clop.

While running with all of her energy, Kim trips and falls hard on the ground. Before can even process that she had fallen, Kim feels herself being lift up. The pair of arms firmly plants her on the ground and says "Top of the morning to you! I am Uzique." The voice comes from a white face with a pair of anime glasses on it.

"You took quite a spill. That wouldn't have happened if you were wearing New Balance sneakers" the trembling with excitement white man says. Uzique then takes his phone out and shows the scared Asian lady a picture of a gay male runway model wearing New Balance sneakers. "They are unisex just like what I am wearing" Uzique says while to pointing to his pair of open toe high heels. "This is what everyone wears where I am from...Berlin" Uzique stutters out. Kim is frozen with fear and unable to speak. "Let me take you home to make sure you are okay" Uzique says while pulling the girl down the alley. "You can also see my DJ equipment. I changed an Asian woman's life with my DJ equipment once."

This scene captured on security camera is the last anyone has seen of Kim. Police are seeking anyone with information about a German DJ named Uzique. Unfortunately the perpetrator was still wearing a face mask even though covid is over because he is a coward.
uziq
+492|3423
sushi bar hostess? in korea? sorry but you failed the editorial fact-check on paragraph 1.

i'm afraid we're going to have to cancel your publishing contract. we simply don't have the time or resources to intensively fact-check all of our authors thesedays.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
That is not the important part, Horse man. That's in the past. We can't change that. What we can control is what we do now going forward. I need you to start telling me the truth about what happened. Give me your side of the events that took place.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

A lot of sushi spots are owned by Koreans here.
uziq
+492|3423
koreans look down on gyopo korean-americans. and for good reason if they’re opening japanese cuisine restaurants.

an authentic fan fiction would have used gimbap.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Yeah that's a pretty stupid take
uziq
+492|3423
a lot of korean’s own taco joints in seoul too but i’m crossing it out with my green editor’s pencil if you’re using ‘korean taco waitress’ as your stereotype of choice in your erotic fiction. 

you’re a smart boy! go and have an extra sole fitted to your shoes.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

How much do Korean-Americans working in or running Japanese restaurants really care anyway about someone who lives within range of Kim Jong-Un's artillery pursing their lips because it's "improper" or whatever.

I don't feel like I'm committing a race crime when putting myself together a burrito. I also happen to enjoy fusion cuisines.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/Sushirrito._Burrito_sized_sushi_rolls._Supersize_me_ethnic_style_-_5465986273.jpg/1920px-Sushirrito._Burrito_sized_sushi_rolls._Supersize_me_ethnic_style_-_5465986273.jpg

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-04-12 17:26:46)

uziq
+492|3423
jesus. christ. you morons.

i was making fun of the fact that macbeth’s crudely stereotypical fan fiction used japanese food. this is a dilbert ‘korea is in south-east asia’ moment. instead you’re all like ‘koreans can run sushi restaurants in LA actually’. good god. autistic.

newbie use your vast galactic asperger’s cortex to think about why koreans, in korea, might be more sensitive to japanese influences than an american might feel over casually ordering mexican or chow mein.

clearly you people aren’t living in actual korean communities.  here’s a hint: the very first sign you see when you disembark from a plane in korea is ‘DOKDO ISLANDS BELONG TO KOREA’.

Last edited by uziq (2022-04-12 17:35:40)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

uziq wrote:

i think i'd rather stretch the extra few hundred bucks a month to rent in a nicer, safer area than rent in a place where i'll be fearful of home invasion and have to invest $3000-5000 on a weapon. but that's just me.
Don't have to spend that much on a weapon and ammo. There are many kinds of weapons cheaper and sufficient for the job.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

uziq wrote:

jesus. christ. you morons.

i was making fun of the fact that macbeth’s crudely stereotypical fan fiction used japanese food. this is a dilbert ‘korea is in south-east asia’ moment. instead you’re all like ‘koreans can run sushi restaurants in LA actually’. good god. autistic.
Of course you would dehumanize the victim as a "crude stereotype".
uziq
+492|3423
having to shoot someone to death or train yourself to do so, just in order to get a good night’s sleep, seems like a pretty heavy cost to bear though. that’s just me!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

uziq wrote:

a lot of korean’s own taco joints in seoul too but i’m crossing it out with my green editor’s pencil if you’re using ‘korean taco waitress’ as your stereotype of choice in your erotic fiction. 

you’re a smart boy! go and have an extra sole fitted to your shoes.
Korean/Mexican fusion is big here. Famous chef Roy Choi pioneered that on the mean streets of LA. I used to frequent his lonche luxera a lot.

Good to know those super racist, homogenous Koreans are appropriating American immigrant fusion cuisine.

I'm gonna venmo you some money. Go get a Korean street taco on me. Bonus points if you hit on the waitress.
uziq
+492|3423
i have commented many times in response to dilbert’s ‘why did you move to a racist monoculture if you hate racism?’ that it’s a LOL-level understanding of the place (any place). i practically made it into a meme last year to point out how ‘homogenous monocultural ethnostate’ korea is awash with international influences and fusions (i mean, of course it is, like any modern capitalist country with a major world city).

i still reserve the right as an editor of fine repute to state that his hokey fanfic would have worked a lot better if he’d cited the correct cuisine to go along with his crude stereotype. the joke falls flat when you emphasise the ‘kim lee’ aspect of korean society and then mention their historical enemy’s most easily identifiable food.

of course you guys wanted to get into the reeds of a simple bit of jest. next you’ll be telling me there’s a history of kimchi consumption in china.

https://i.imgur.com/6mUExKN.jpg

i had north korean cold buckwheat noodles yesterday. i’ve had lots of mexican, indian, italian, even south african, etc, food here before. the quality is … fine. probably about the same as an average imported version of mexican etc in the UK. definitely not worth writing home about. comfort food. 

koreans obviously excel at ur-american fast foods. i’ve had some of the best burgers and fried-chicken of my life here. and i’m really not surprised that filthy mix-breed gyopos in korea town have figured out how to use guac.

Korean/Mexican fusion is big here. Famous chef Roy Choi pioneered that on the mean streets of LA. I used to frequent his lonche luxera a lot.
we've all seen that anthony bourdain episode too.

Last edited by uziq (2022-04-12 20:05:48)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

uziq wrote:

a simple bit of jest.
You deliberately (I can only imagine) misinterpret/twist words, jokes, jest all the time, miss the point, and then double down on it whenever anyone fights back. You don't get to sit on the high horse.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard