siciliano732
+202|6645|New York
Ok...so i OC my 7600 GT to 580 Mhz Core Clock / 750 Mhz Memory Clock.....I guess my question is....is this healthy first of all and secondly, is it bad to always have the fan running....like will OCing and keeping the fan running constantly burn out the gfx card faster?  If so i will just put it back to default settings....

Another thing, i was checking my temps....and my core temp is 69 degrees Celcius....is that good or do i need more fans?  I already have 4?
siciliano732
+202|6645|New York
anyone?
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6772|EUR
If you overclock - dont turn off the fan. I understand where you are coming from but that is just moronic

I also reccomend to immidietly switch back to normal speeds since you do not know what you are doing and wait for proffesional advise.

Also its not how much fans you have but how they circulate.

Last edited by MuseSeeker (2006-10-18 09:36:59)

slo5oh
+28|6657
http://www.svc.com/zm-vf700alcu-75.html

$25 and you won't have to worry about overheating your video card. 
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6442|Lisburn, NI
Okay, First of all, either revert back to the stock speeds, or lower the overclock, 69 degrees is too high.

And to answer your question, it will burn out the card faster, but you won't notice. It only takes a few years off, but they are designed to run for about 20 years, and I'm assuming you'll've upgraded by then...

For the Fan Question, what case do you have? Where are the fans on it?
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6638|Deep In The South Of Texas
69C is not too high for GPUs, they can safely get up as high as 90C without having to worry. Your overclock is not high enough to worry about either. Use ATiTool to test for artifacts when you overclock. If you can run for more than 30 minutes then your oc is ok.
siciliano732
+202|6645|New York
yea i just turned it back to stock settings i think....cuz like, i was playin on fine gfx anyway...i just wanted to see what it was able to do you know?  just tryin to get the most out of my system for the money i spent.
Des.Kmal
+917|6614|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

69C is not too high for GPUs, they can safely get up as high as 90C without having to worry. Your overclock is not high enough to worry about either. Use ATiTool to test for artifacts when you overclock. If you can run for more than 30 minutes then your oc is ok.
w.t.f.

there is something wrong with his gfx card, are u dumb? mine is 20MHz faster core, and 100 faster memory... and mine MAYBE gets to 53... idont know if u rly know what ur talking about...

second off, he has nvidia........ not ati.

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2006-10-18 13:28:11)

Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
The#1Spot
+105|6536|byah

Yes you can run it at that speed but no its dangerous you want to be in the 55-60C range max when over clocking. Can you be anymore wrong 30min and its fine FALSE theres a thing called miscalculation and when you increase any hardware out side of it stable/safe speed it is way more likely to crash thus being 1 character off will most likely crash game or system. Sometimes its within 1 min or sometimes after 3hours. The newer cards i believe have a feature that it will degrade performance as a last resort to cooling its self down so completely ignore stillhouse

Last edited by The#1Spot (2006-10-18 13:38:57)

-r3-anubis
+73|6533|florida
NEVER turn off the fan when overclocking unless you have liquid cooling.
I overclock my 7800 GTX and gets up to up 60C but thats when i run F.E.A.R.
The Stillhouse Kid

Des.Kmal wrote:

w.t.f.

there is something wrong with his gfx card, are u dumb? mine is 20MHz faster core, and 100 faster memory... and mine MAYBE gets to 53... idont know if u rly know what ur talking about...

I read many different overclocking forums and the consenus is that anything under 80C is safe, 90C is the limit. If you look at the following screenshot, the default thermal throttle temp is 115C and cannot be changed.

https://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4040/7600gttempvw5.th.jpg

Would the manufacturer allow a card to reach that high a temp if 70C was unsafe? Doubtful.

And ATiTool beta does work with NVidia cards:

http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

Major changes to the latest stable version are:
Added support for NVIDIA video cards
SexyCabbage
One Shot, One Kill ... Always
+68|6476|Kentucky
my temp with default settings is 48C    same card
The Stillhouse Kid

The#1Spot wrote:

Yes you can run it at that speed but no its dangerous you want to be in the 55-60C range max when over clocking. Can you be anymore wrong 30min and its fine FALSE theres a thing called miscalculation and when you increase any hardware out side of it stable/safe speed it is way more likely to crash thus being 1 character off will most likely crash game or system. Sometimes its within 1 min or sometimes after 3hours. The newer cards i believe have a feature that it will degrade performance as a last resort to cooling its self down so completely ignore stillhouse
Safe Temp Discussion:

http://www.overclock.net/graphics-cards … 00gt+temps

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/98916-h … 00gt+temps

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/84290-7 … 00gt+temps

7600GT Overclocks:

http://www.overclock.net/graphics-cards … light=7600

I guess the rest of those people should be ignored too?
siciliano732
+202|6645|New York
hmmm...interesting....can the stock fan on the 7600GT handle those speeds though? or should i look into gettin more fans and stuff?
Chou
+737|6787
Sell your old card and buy a new one?
Des.Kmal

Des.Kmal wrote:

w.t.f.

I read many different overclocking forums and the consenus is that anything under 80C is safe, 90C is the limit. If you look at the following screenshot, the default thermal throttle temp is 115C and cannot be changed.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4040 … vw5.th.jpg

Would the manufacturer allow a card to reach that high a temp if 70C was unsafe? Doubtful.

And ATiTool beta does work with NVidia cards:

http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

Major changes to the latest stable version are:
Added support for NVIDIA video cards
i dont care what it says, 115 is hot as shit, as well as anything above 60. thats gonna damage it in the long run, it may not blow up..... but it wont be liking it too much.

atitook BETA. hope it doesnt fuck up like the first one......
Brasso
+1,549|6627

I would say stay around the 70-80 range for full load.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
The Stillhouse Kid

Des.Kmal wrote:

i dont care what it says, 115 is hot as shit, as well as anything above 60. thats gonna damage it in the long run, it may not blow up..... but it wont be liking it too much.

Whatever. If you don't care to run at a temp that the majority of overclockers agree is proven safe then that's up to you, but you shouldn't try to use your own personal preference to try and discredit someone else.

Thousands of people have been using the beta for several months now with no problem.
siciliano732
+202|6645|New York
should i get another processor fan and like a fan for my gfx  card?  my temp is 69-70 celcius

Last edited by siciliano732 (2006-10-18 20:51:03)

The Stillhouse Kid
It's up to you. If you want to lower the temps some then go ahead, but you're still safe running stock cooling.
siciliano732
+202|6645|New York
will i notice any difference it would it just be something to brag about?
claor
+39|6411|Australia
hey siciliano732, if i were you i would just leave it as it was if it was runing fine and when newer games come out that need a better gfx card just upgrade soon i will have a rig similar to yours! cya man
Des.Kmal

Des.Kmal wrote:

Whatever. If you don't care to run at a temp that the majority of overclockers agree is proven safe then that's up to you, but you shouldn't try to use your own personal preference to try and discredit someone else.

Thousands of people have been using the beta for several months now with no problem.
it ***MIGHT*** be safe, but good luck running it for more than 3-4 months.
The Stillhouse Kid
The OP's card is only 20Mhz core and 50Mhz memory over stock. That's not going to be enough to burn it out in 3-4 months like you say.

Perhaps you could explain how card makers can sell overclocked versions of their cards when they're the same as the non-oc'd ones and still provide the same warranty? The only difference is the oc'd ones have their BIOS factory set to higher core and memory speeds.
Des.Kmal

The OP's card is only 20Mhz core and 50Mhz memory over stock. That's not going to be enough to burn it out in 3-4 months like you say.

Perhaps you could explain how card makers can sell overclocked versions of their cards when they're the same as the non-oc'd ones and still provide the same warranty? The only difference is the oc'd ones have their BIOS factory set to higher core and memory speeds.
if u overclock it again, the factory is only going to OC it to higher levels. omg, just give up.

clock speeds, thats what the dif is. they are alot fastyer, *some* and thats why they burn out faster.

omg. want me to explain anything else?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard