Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

I think it's safe to say thousands of people are playing online or are at least trying to get into a server now while those who used the downloader to purchase the game are stuck looking at a clock telling you to wait. Not to say that this was intentional but don't sell someone a product based on the pretext that you will have it the second it is available when it is apparently available to others.
http://game-monitor.com/search.php?game=bf2142

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-10-17 16:07:30)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6728|Riva, MD
I'm glad i'm not the only one that realizes that the EA downloader is a poorly built piece of shit.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-10-17 16:07:37)

Ryan
+1,230|6855|Alberta, Canada

lol stupid EA
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6537|dunno
Im just geting my copy tommorw
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

No stores have it out till tomorrow.... the guys playing had it preordered and it arrived today.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6636
I thought that was the whole idea for using EA downloader was that you would be one of the first to have it!
EA sucks! Don't you people realize that yet?
They will only continue to screw you for money.
They made a shitty playing game and have suckered us all into it.
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6672|Canada Eh?
Oh no, not a whole extra day... guess I'm gonna go kill myself now. It's just one day people. If you can't live 24 hrs without a game knowing the fact that others have it then I pitty you. Go do something, to keep you busy, friends, T.V, work, homework w/e. It's not gonna kill you.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6642|Washington, DC

BornToKill67 wrote:

Oh no, not a whole extra day... guess I'm gonna go kill myself now. It's just one day people. If you can't live 24 hrs without a game knowing the fact that others have it then I pitty you. Go do something, to keep you busy, friends, T.V, work, homework w/e. It's not gonna kill you.
I believe its not so much that they can't live without it but rather that they expect it to work correctly.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6491|Somewhere else

Getting the EA downloader to work is swell, I wiped my Hard drive to ensure a clean computer ( I do so every so often) and forgot that it took me Months MONTHS to get EF and AF to download properly...oops. Screw the EADLoader
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

BornToKill67 wrote:

A cyberbully what a fucking joke, move along.
Talking shit in forums means you have less of a life. The pity is on yourself. It's a matter of being told inaccurate information on a product we purchased. I in fact have been playing the full version.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
cospengle
+140|6499|Armidale, NSW, Australia

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

I thought that was the whole idea for using EA downloader was that you would be one of the first to have it!
After BF2 did anyone really think that 2142 would go off without a hitch? I'm sure this will be the first in a long line of hiccups that will end in a 1.4.16 patch which includes new features like vehicle only mode and "Requesting titan drop".
Preatorion
+2|6503|St. Louis, MO.
I got suckered into this as well, while my room mate is playing his copy.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6767|United States of America
Going to go to a store to buy it as soon as possible, not today.
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6636
Tuesday nights happen to be the only night during the week I get to come home and not have anyone bug me long enough to play a game.
SO BornToBeAJagoff67....go stick both thumbs in your ass so I don't have to read anymore of your posts.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

cospengle wrote:

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

After BF2 did anyone really think that 2142 would go off without a hitch? I'm sure this will be the first in a long line of hiccups that will end in a 1.4.16 patch which includes new features like vehicle only mode and "Requesting titan drop".
Yea like i said we should have known better. It was just being thrown in our face so much we said fuck it, we can just get it off downloader..shame on me.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6636

cospengle wrote:

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

Why would anyone expect different?
Look at their past games!
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6669|San Francisco, CA
So, what have we all learned from this experience?

EA Downloader: Bad
Buying retail: Good

Let's hope you don't make the mistake next time EA says to buy their stuff and get it via EA Downloader.
Icleos
+101|6754
I'm disappointed as well in the EA Downloader...
But hey, I'm getting it for free so I can't really complain.
Preatorion
+2|6503|St. Louis, MO.

MURcarnage wrote:

So, what have we all learned from this experience?

EA Downloader: Bad
Buying retail: Good

Let's hope you don't make the mistake next time EA says to buy their stuff and get it via EA Downloader.
Ya, lesson learned.
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6452|Canada
No clue what you are talking about, stores dont have it yet...
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6672|Canada Eh?

Kmarion wrote:

BornToKill67 wrote:

A cyberbully what a fucking joke, move along.
Talking shit in forums means you have less of a life. The pity is on yourself. It's a matter of being told inaccurate information on a product we purchased. I in fact have been playing the full version.
I wasn't talking shit, I was saying that people can live without a game for 1 day. And btw I did download it via EA Downloader so I am waiting for it too.
Preatorion
+2|6503|St. Louis, MO.

JoeFriday wrote:

No clue what you are talking about, stores dont have it yet...
Then explain how my room mate is online right now
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6677|NT, like Mick Dundee

Lucky dudes who pre-ordered.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
eagles1106
+269|6595|Marlton, New Jersey.

Preatorion wrote:

I got suckered into this as well, while my room mate is playing his copy.
I would have waited till he got his, then would have run up to somewhere like target, steal a cd key off one of the cases then use his disks to install.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6781|Human Meat Shield
Where are you guys seeing this "Time to download" on EA downloader???  Mine doesnt say that, but when I click the 2142 game it asks for a CD, wonder if Im supposed to wait for a cd-key.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard