fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6560
With 2142 being a pretty new game most pilots do not know how to line up the TV rocket shots for their gunners. I experienced mostly that they line up to low because they don't know that the center of the TV rocket is pretty low. Now here's the solution for everyone:

I made screenshots out of the gunner and pilot position of both attack aircraft (as you can see, they're completly identical only the HUD layout differs) and layed both views over each other.

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/fiercerized/Battlefield%202142/Misc/2142helo.jpg

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/fiercerized/Battlefield%202142/Misc/2142helo-2.jpg
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6538|Doncaster, UK
Nice, I've been trying to describe that to the guy who generally pilots while I'm gunning. I still can't hit shit with the TV missiles in the demo though. I have heard they have been addressed but hopefully that isn't a nerf.
DrJAV
+1|6561
Awesome! - Thanks for that
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6526|Valhalla
Winner... but like the good Doctor said "I still can't hit shit with the TV missiles"
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6538|Doncaster, UK
I think it was Stryyker suggested binding the TV missile to a joystick and he got results that way. Might be worth a try.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6560
I still use the mouse for shooting with the TV rocket and meanwhile i hit 9 out of 10 shots. In the beginning the TV rocket is really slow, that's the moment to get on aim with your target and after that just make really less movement with the mouse.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6533|Doncaster UK

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Nice, I've been trying to describe that to the guy who generally pilots while I'm gunning. I still can't hit shit with the TV missiles in the demo though. I have heard they have been addressed but hopefully that isn't a nerf.
as i am the guy that pilots for doctorfruitloop, i now understand, we need to get back on the demo doc!!!!!!
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6676|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
dude i can hit almost every thing with tv missle i am even going after gunships and hitting em, you can solo but its hard as hellcuz it drops very fast
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6526|Valhalla

Tushers wrote:

dude i can hit almost every thing with tv missle i am even going after gunships and hitting em, you can solo but its hard as hellcuz it drops very fast
When ever I tried Soloing i always crashed think Ill stay as the Pilot
zeidmaan
+234|6407|Vienna

You are "soloing" the old fashioned way
What you do is take the flying thing and land on the hills that are all around the map (sidi ofcourse). Preferably near the enemy TItans starting position. And than you switch seats and gun down the transports and tanks that start from there - under the starting point of the titan. No one will have any idea where the rockets are comming from so you can do this all round without beeing detected. Few rounds like this and you will get pretty good at it.
You can alos rape enemy silos like this

And btw one gay thing is that 2 TV missles will destroy enemy commander assets. Also a good target practise.
boojiboy16
+2|6478
I dont think soloing is possible, I tried and the thing fell out of the sky
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6707
I claimed the title of 1st person to succesfully solo a flying enemy transport the old fashioned way(2/7 people, I believe) about 2 days after the demo came out. I lived, too. Anyone care to contest that title of earlyness?
zeidmaan
+234|6407|Vienna

I dremt about doing it 2 days BEFORE the demo came out

Again I say, land the thing somewhere behind cover. Tilt your nose up as driver, switch seets and fire before your nose falls down. It sounds complicated but you will have plenty of time.
thetaintedsoul
+0|6392

boojiboy16 wrote:

I dont think soloing is possible, I tried and the thing fell out of the sky
that happens to me also
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6637|Malibu
Sticky this please.
Such a helpful guide. I will give you +1 karma, you deserve it.
zeidmaan
+234|6407|Vienna

zeidmaan wrote:

You are "soloing" the old fashioned way
What you do is take the flying thing and land on the hills that are all around the map (sidi ofcourse). Preferably near the enemy TItans starting position. And than you switch seats and gun down the transports and tanks that start from there - under the starting point of the titan. No one will have any idea where the rockets are comming from so you can do this all round without beeing detected. Few rounds like this and you will get pretty good at it.
You can alos rape enemy silos like this

And btw one gay thing is that 2 TV missles will destroy enemy commander assets. Also a good target practise.
smart words

Last edited by zeidmaan (2006-10-19 02:49:02)

DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6529|Search Whore killing fields
I redlined someone in the demo
Lt.Stink
+1|6398

zeidmaan wrote:

so that didn't change from bf2 then. I like the fact you can take em out with tv's.
you can also take down uavs like this.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6647|UK
GREAT JOB MATE

just got to find a player who can co-pi now, or vice versa, the trouble with 2142 we are al;l noobs lol (AT THE MOMENT)
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6526|Edmonton Alberta
i actually hit a tank with one of those last night....the thing is you have to line it up within the first half asecond when its really slow then dont touch it basically only make very minor adjustments.... and it seems its no longer a weapon thats very useful for firing it very far...unless of course your just that damn good with it
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6618|Canada
i cant use the tv worth shit. the rockets are waaaayyyy too sensitive and speedy
FrenziedAU
+6|6439|Australia
Practice A LOT in SP, the Suez canal map has gunships, but play as PAC since the EU AI pilot has a bad habit of taking off and flying straight into a building.
I've got to the point in SP where I can often hit things, but I haven't played much as a gunner online, so I don't know how good I actually am at hitting things.
Sambuccashake
+126|6602|Sweden
Nicely done there!
I don't think it's that hard to manouver but I don't like the fact that it doesn't kill armor in one hit though...
tool03
+5|6518|Japan Owki

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

I think it was Stryyker suggested binding the TV missile to a joystick and he got results that way. Might be worth a try.
Thats what my friend dose and he's had much better results.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6676|Some where huntin in Wisconsin

-MP-Nuke1266 wrote:

I claimed the title of 1st person to succesfully solo a flying enemy transport the old fashioned way(2/7 people, I believe) about 2 days after the demo came out. I lived, too. Anyone care to contest that title of earlyness?
sorry bud i got the demo the first day and skipped school to play, theirs no doubt going to be someone to be before me or u to have done it, but i think il take the title on teh forums, give me a cookie and ill share

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard