Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

All those guys hating on 2142 are going to either get over it or be left sitting on the sidelines while everyone else is getting thier boomshaklaka on.

Edit:Youtubed it.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-10-17 00:42:46)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6663|Brisbane, Australia

The winrar is you.

Orbital Strikes Rox0r, too bad that commanders never ever accept my co-ords that I request
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6624|UCF
What's worse is that they hit exactly where it was placed.
Icleos
+101|6749
I hope the BF40k Mod puts that Orbital Strike to shame...

What is the difference between the Orbital Strike in BF2142 and the artillery in BF2?
Looks like they just strapped the artillery on a satellite and fired it from space.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6763|United States of America
Good.
=CA=lamcrmbem
+16|6457|San Diego, CA

Icleos wrote:

What is the difference between the Orbital Strike in BF2142 and the artillery in BF2?
Looks like they just strapped the artillery on a satellite and fired it from space.
Biggest difference is the time lag is nearly gone.  When you call an Orbital strike as the commander it starts firing with 1-2 seconds...great for catching running INF!  Unlike BF2 when you had to fire the shells and hope the enemy hadn't capped the flag and moved on as your rounds were impacting!!!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

=CA=lamcrmbem wrote:

Icleos wrote:

Biggest difference is the time lag is nearly gone.  When you call an Orbital strike as the commander it starts firing with 1-2 seconds...great for catching running INF!  Unlike BF2 when you had to fire the shells and hope the enemy hadn't capped the flag and moved on as your rounds were impacting!!!
Hence why these are even less skillful.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

Here come the complainers...

You'll find the orbital strikes are considerably weaker than the Artillery strikes, so remember even though it is almost instintaneous firing, it requires a new kind of skill.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6444|Brisbane, Australia
iv played a couple rounds as commander and the orbital strike is great BUT its very weak. and the blast has a kinda pattern.  The strikes go longer aswell. it its very possible to survive if you in the middle of it and just keep running away
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6575
Yes, it's very weak - you can even stand in it without moving and you're able to survive. Therefore it's pretty uninteresting if there's a delay of 1-2 or 10 seconds.

But i like it, the orbital strike sound effects are amazing. :x

Last edited by fierce (2006-10-18 05:01:30)

Angel.C-sq
+24|6696|Computer Chair
Its more effective as a smoke screen then for killing the enemy.

Or Im very lucky everytime.
Zefar
+116|6657|Sweden
Ever thought this will be HARDER for those aree under it? If it comes to that possistion so quick you gonna have some problems.

Beside the Arty in BF2 got refilled quicker to which is diffrent from BF2142 and in BF2142 you actually need to WAIT for the UAV unlike BF2 where it's done 3 seconds after it's time ran out. In Bf2142 you'll need to wait like 30+ secs before it's done AFTER it have run it course.

So BF2 is noobish because the UAV can be constant on or almost constant. So that you can see everyone in your area without a problem. Isn't this gonna make it easier for your players?

Do you see where I'm getting whiners? Also the Supply crate also got much faster regen in BF2 what I know. Heck EVERYTHING have in the commander section.

On topic. Sucks to be those in the middle of the fire :3
HellGuard99
+2|6532
ahhahhaha where did that come from, that was hilarious..
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6756|Mark it zero.
i have no problem with orbital strike, because unlike artillery, if it lands next to you you wont always die, you get time to run around and hide. but if you're in the wide open you're shit out of luck
Zapata1982
+4|6680|Los Angeles, KALIFoooNIaaa
Yea orbital stikes suck balls there is no point in being a commander anymore. it just wayyyy to long for stirkes to refill and the EMP is also weak..... LAME
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6723|MoVal, Southern California
people use the EMP strike and orbital strike quite well... Once a commander EMP'd my tank, then called in an orbital strike, taking me out in one fell swoop and defending his flag.

I haven't been commander in conquest mode yet... i have to try it out soon
millhous
+39|6644|OREEGONE, USA
I find it funny that the 2142 arty drops count as kills for the commander while they removed that little tidbit from BF2.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

HellGuard99 wrote:

ahhahhaha where did that come from, that was hilarious..
Just a night with -OE-.. (my clan)
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard