MikesonCZ
+3|6565|Czech Republic (Prague)
How exactly does the Squad point bonus work?

I have learned that "you receive a Squad bonus: +1 if you carry out order inside squad leader perimeter".

How do I know that I am in that perimeter? Does it include only captures or all actions like kill, repair, heal, etc..?
47man
+46|6422|Cali
I've seen it when a squad leader puts down defend on a flag point, and someone in said squad gets a kill. The other time i've seen it, i capped a flag my squad leader told us to get... got an extra point.
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6714
There's just one glitch: it doesn't work for titans You can place a marker on where the titan is, but if the titan moves, the marker will stay where it was put on the ground, not on the titan. Also, if anyone has the radius for this bonus, it would be nice to know.

If these work as nicely and profitably as it seems, I will be giving out plenty of orders as a SL! (You get something like a "squad success point" for every point a member gains from the squad bonus thing!)

Also keep in mind that these also count towards field upgrades.
MikesonCZ
I see ... I suppose that the bonus gets only the player who killed / captured / repaired not all squad members in perimeter. What about squad leader? Does he get any bonus?
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6401|Alberta, Canada
Well, I got one when I was near a silo the squad leader gave an order to attack. I hadn't started capturing yet at that point.

Last edited by Heavy_Guns_91 (2006-10-16 17:59:53)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker
I really like the fact that 2142 is rewarding squad leaders and squad members who work as a team.  Good work EA!  Now the lone wolf players from BF2 who never learned teamwork will get less points. I also got a point near a silo like heavy guns did.
CrazyCobra
+0|6727
in the beta i believe everyone in the squad that was in the immediate area or SL/ squad when the did something kill/cap/etc
don't quote me on this thou.. it has been a while
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6524|Singapore
so whats a squad leader/member success point?

Last edited by jkohlc (2006-10-16 23:37:34)

Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6683|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
i think it is when a sl does somehting like gives and attack order and then someone follows it but see none knows.  i will cheack when i get home to night oky dokey
MikesonCZ

Tushers wrote:

....a sl does somehting like gives and attack order  and then someone follows it but see none knows.
Man, I don't you understand at all :-( ... and I think it's not because English is not my mother language :-).

Last edited by MikesonCZ (2006-10-17 04:33:42)

Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6804|Portland, OR, USA

Tushers is pretty much correct. When the squad leader gives orders, that gives you a little as does when you do stuff near the order.

When you reach enough points (fill the bar), your squad gets a free unlock for that round / map. It's how I got the AT sniper rifle (which fucking pwns!).
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
zeidmaan
+234|6413|Vienna

For every kill you get inside the Sl order radious (only silos and flags I believe) you get a point. And Sl doesnt have to be in the radious. And the enemy doest have to be in capping proximity but he can be further away.
Also you get squad points for squad kill assist - one guy in squad wounds and another kills.

If there is no order than the enemy has to be in capping distance for you to get a extra point (defense only - like in BF2).
GeoEnvi
+22|6685|Philadelphia, PA
The "squad bonus" and "field upgrade" game mechanics are some of the best additions DiCE added to BF2142.  I've NEVER led so many squads that ACTUALLY followed orders as they do now when there's a piece of "kit candy" dangling in front of them!  What's even better is that there seems to be more people willing to join sqauds without being invited.  Kudos to DiCE for "bribing" the noobs to play they way the game designers orginally conceived...

However... it's kind of annoying that ANYONE can "kit out" after staying in a server for a few rounds in a good squad.  It kind of takes away the whole "reward" that DiCE envisioned by making so many unlockables, doesn't it?
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6414|Norway | Unkown

Viper007Bond wrote:

When you reach enough points (fill the bar), your squad gets a free unlock for that round / map. It's how I got the AT sniper rifle (which fucking pwns!).
you can use field unlock untill you either exit the server or the game..
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6760|Internet!
Yep. Unfortunately the Field Upgrades only allow you to unlock one level higher than you currently are. Thus if you have the Herzog AR Shotgun, you can use a field unlock on a NetBat Infantry ID, but you cannot use a second field upgrade on the RK-74? rifle missile system...

Still great though.
Master*
Banned
+416|6493|United States
do the squad member/leader bonus points count towards your carrer or global points?
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6760|Internet!
Career points.
deanspeedway
+0|6721
I think that is good that field unlocks can only unlock one step up the branch at your current level. Sort of a "try before you buy" scheme.

Questions:
1. Does an order have to be in place for a certain period of time before you start accruing Squad Points? I've noticed that sometimes squad points haven't been earned when a "pointworthy" action is performed very close to an order marker.

2. What is the difference between career points and global points? Do they both count towards ranking up?

I really like the squad point/ field unlock system. It is a great solution to the teamwork problem from BF2.
VonGimli
+3|6707
Ok, to answer some questions.

Capping silos (not sure about flags, dont play conquest) does NOT give you squad points.  Any other sort of point you can get does give squad points.  Either reviving, repairing, killing, healing, resupplying, and other things like that give you squad points, as long as either YOU or your TARGET are inside the order radius.  Im not sure how big the radius is, you just have to get used to it.  So you can set an order at your squads feet, be snipers, and everytime your squad of snipers picks a guy off you can get a squad point.  The squad leader gets a point and so does the squad member that completed the action.  To set a order on a titan, be OUTSIDE the titan (or on the cargo deck) so you can see the titan icon on your 3D map.  Point at the titan icon so it becomes highlighted in yellow.  Then hold T and select "give order" or whatever command it is that is in the direct center of the squad leader menu.  That will put an attack order on the entire enemy titan, giving you points for anything your squad does in there (except maybe destroy consoles/core, not sure about that).  Doing it on your own titan gives a defense order on your entire titan.

Field upgrades come with every 10 or so squad points.  Basically you get an unlock that you can keep until you leave that server.  Not just until the next round, or even the next map, you keep them until you leave the server.  Even if you leave the squad you still keep them.  But you can only get 1 unlock from every unlock tree.  So if you have the first 2 levels of unlocks from a tree (lets say EMP mine and Advanced Repair Tool for the engineer), then you can only get the 3rd level unlock from that tree, you cannot move any further up the tree using field unlocks (aka you could get the Motion Mine, but you couldnt move up to the AA rocket launcher).  You can get 1 field unlock for every tree though, except for player abilities.  Which means you max out at about 9 field unlocks if you dont have any unlock trees entirely done.
deanspeedway
+0|6721
Thanks VonGimli
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6540|Sammamish, WA

VonGimli wrote:

To set a order on a titan, be OUTSIDE the titan (or on the cargo deck) so you can see the titan icon on your 3D map.  Point at the titan icon so it becomes highlighted in yellow.  Then hold T and select "give order" or whatever command it is that is in the direct center of the squad leader menu.  That will put an attack order on the entire enemy titan, giving you points for anything your squad does in there (except maybe destroy consoles/core, not sure about that).  Doing it on your own titan gives a defense order on your entire titan.
I've been wondering why more people don't do this....wouldn't that therefore give you THREE points for doing anything inside a titan? One for normal, one for the Titan attack/defense bonus, and one for the squad bonus?

I racked up three of the emergency med pins (that's 24+ revives, not to mention a bunch of heals) standing behind a group of guys attacking a titan corridor and reviving them as they got shot up. I ended the round with 141 career points. Just think of the possibilities if I was also getting squad bonus points that whole time...

Titans are the big floating point farm.
doneyone
+30|6554|Holland Hardcore
I really didn't know all this, partly because i only have played conquest till now. thanx people.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6647|Hong Kong

doneyone wrote:

I really didn't know all this, partly because i only have played conquest till now. thanx people.
Blasphemy!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard