Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

HUSHAN, China - China has been building a massive barbed wire and concrete fence along parts of its border with North Korea in the most visible sign of Beijing's strained ties with its once-cozy communist neighbor.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/china_nkorea_fence

Cutting off imports and lock them in. Looks like NK is being turned into a prison to me more and more.  Kimmy is driving a impoverished nation further into the ground. Without Chinese and Russian support they are screwed even more.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jsnipy
+3,276|6544|...

uh ... ha .... he  ... you said 'erect'

<serously>
That seem drastic and quick
</seriously>

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-10-16 09:05:17)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6619|Seattle

Good. N. Korea can eat a bowl of dickup till they hiccup.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

Two post referring to the male genitalia.. mods please close this..lol..J/K
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dr_3V|L
+51|6747|Twente, The Netherlands
Now that even China and Russia are turning their backs to North Korea, things seem to get very interesting.
It's North Korea vs. the World.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6577
Fucking mexicans trying to get from North Korea into China .... typical....
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6619|Seattle

CameronPoe wrote:

LOL   OMG Cameron made a funny!!!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

King_County_Downy wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

LOL   OMG Cameron made a funny!!!
I wonder what would happen if North Koreans snuck into China and started a protest against the Chinese goverment...hmm
Xbone Stormsurgezz
samfink
+31|6577
they are sent back already......... dunno if they will anymore, surely trhey could simply claim political asylum. as they would be sent to prison camps ( aka forced labour camps). in fact, North Korea is a rtextbook case of a criminal regime. they counterfeit money ( they are so good, some of their notes are only detected when they reach the federal reserve) they ship illegal goods  likemissiles, which are controlled, thye just sell ti to anyone,most coutnries do some significant checks first
ghettoperson
+1,943|6671

jsnipy wrote:

uh ... ha .... he  ... you said 'erect'

<serously>
That seem drastic and quick
</seriously>
I fucking hate you. As soon as I saw the title, I knew I had to write that. Now, I can't.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6501|Sheffield-England
HaHaHa YoU sAiD eReCt :p
IRONCHEF
+385|6513|Northern California

CameronPoe wrote:

No, it's to keep the mexicans IN china.  Who do you think built the great wall?
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6619|Seattle

Anyone remember this thread I made and that guy went the fuck off on me? http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=39560 Oh man...hope he doesn't read this. LOL!
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6522|Los Angeles
Wow. As someone who lived in Seoul for 4 years and has been following the North Korea situation for the past decade, to me this is bigger news than the alleged nuclear test. Honestly.

This porous border was really the only way that average people could conduct trade, make a bit of money for themselves, have contact with the outside world, and (if they had the resources, balls and luck) escape. Hundreds of North Korean black market traders who went back and forth regularly carried Chinese cell phones, had DVD players, and made money importing and exporting. They could help people get in contact with thier escaped friends and relatives in China and even with long-lost family in South Korea. This will pretty much shut that down. And when you cut off the main source of existence for the people that are arguaby the most savvy citizens and the biggest risk-takers - they're going to channel their energies in other ways that are certainly not going to be good for the Dear Leader and his regime.

That said, none of that factors at all into China's decision to do this. China may have expressed mild annoyance in the many face to face meetings that they've had with him over the years - probably more so lately since he's become a major and embarrassing deadweight whilst they've seen incredible economic growth, and impressive on-the-ground social change. But this is airing the dirty laundry in public. Koreans are very proud people, and this is basically a giant and public FUCK YOU AND PISS OFF, BITCH to Kim Jong Il. Like breaking up with the head cheerleader in front of the whole school.

Good move China. Now the fun will really start.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6522|Los Angeles
Here's a video of a public execution in North Korea. There are a tiny number of subversives who are trying to expose the brutality of the regime, including the guy who risked his life to film this: smuggling the camera in from China, secretly recording this, and then getting it out of the country.

Interesting thing about this video: they sent it to South Korean television stations, and they all refused to air it. Why? Because the government's "Sunshine policy" forbids/forbade the press to report anything that might offend North Korea. They took this to Japan and it aired immediately and was huge news.

There's also a really interesting video that got out a few months before this one did, of a guy taking a camera into the back of a factory where the obligatory Kim Jong Il portrait is hanging. They had written an anti-Kim and anti-regime missive over the portrait in red ink. Incredible. Maybe it sounds like not so big of a deal, but that is an incredible, ultimate diss. They'd easily have been executed for it, and their families would have been sent to gulags. I can't seem to find the video though.

Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6744|Eastern PA
Whevever Kim's regime falls the humanitarian problem is going to be massive.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6747|Twente, The Netherlands

Masques wrote:

Whevever Kim's regime falls the humanitarian problem is going to be massive.
People are already starving because he loves to spend all his money on his 'great army' and nuclear program instead of taking care of his people.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6650|IRELAND

The fence is probably to keep the North Koreans in when these new sanctions kick in. The military will be number one, getting all the funding, while the ppl starve.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

JahManRed wrote:

The fence is probably to keep the North Koreans in when these new sanctions kick in. The military will be number one, getting all the funding, while the ppl starve.
They started construction the day the N.Koreans tested the bomb. The Chinese knew once that happened all bets were off.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6511|Gogledd Cymru

CameronPoe wrote:

i have to admit did make me chuckle
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6654|949

China/North Korea relations have been strained for at least the past year.  This is only further evidence that one of the up-and-coming world powers refuses to allow a rogue state to jump on their coattails into the politcal arena.  Seriously, China has realized that any talks/political compromise with North Korea somewhat legitimizes the North Korean government while at the same time bringing down the Chinese Government (which isn't all too peachy to begin with).  The way I see this, its not so much China getting fed up as much as them trying to drop excess baggage.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6653|USA

Kmarion wrote:

HUSHAN, China - China has been building a massive barbed wire and concrete fence along parts of its border with North Korea in the most visible sign of Beijing's strained ties with its once-cozy communist neighbor.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/china_nkorea_fence

Cutting off imports and lock them in. Looks like NK is being turned into a prison to me more and more.  Kimmy is driving a impoverished nation further into the ground. Without Chinese and Russian support they are screwed even more.
if we cant build our fence along the mexico border, then i think that china should have to tear down the great wall to keep out all those mongolians.
Fadediesel
+15|6438|Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Haha, see ya on teh other side North Korea.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6600|Florida
I think its hilarious they are building a fence along the border.  Its odd, that they already have a portion of the border blocked off, when Ive not heard anything about the fence being built between U.S. and Mexico in about a month or so...........are they even working on it?

EDIT - Come to think of it, I wonder if China's civilians started throwing a hissy fit when their government decided to block the border with a fence?  Considering alot of people got mad when Bush started talking about building one.  Although I think Mexico was more pissed about than people here though.

Last edited by {BMF}*Frank_The_Tank (2006-10-16 14:22:49)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA
I think it is good. I believe, we really, really, REALLY need good relations with China.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard