TehWeAz
+3|6409|California/Arizona
They'll never fly here - FAA Regulations make it illegal for anyone on any airline to smoke over the territories of the United States.

That's on an airliner, though.  Feel free, of course, to smoke on your ritzy private jet.

Last edited by TehWeAz (2006-10-17 23:35:30)

MrE`158
+103|6630

vjs wrote:

An airliner has one of the best air circulation and purification systems on-board.
The air purification system on airliners is in fact the primary reason why smoking was originally banned on 'planes.  It had nothing to do with health and safety; it was simple economics.  If you let people smoke *anywhere* on your 'plane, your air purifier has to work a hell of a lot harder to keep the air fresh, which requires more energy for the purification machinery, which uses up more fuel, which costs more money.

Smoking was banned on 'planes before laws were passed about it, because that way the airline makes more money.  Then the laws about health reasons came in, and cemented the deal.  There's nowhere in the "first world" you can fly now and be allowed smoke, and that's fine with me.  I don't mind other people smoking, but doing it in an enclosed environment is going to irritate me, potentially damage my health, and push up the already exhorbitant price of my ticket. 

So no, thanks.  Let the millionaires blow their cash in a ridiculous fashion, if they want.  Just don't do it around me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard