WILDWOLFMAN
+1|6529|Oregon
Over a period of a few weeks, I had more and more frequent problems getting the game to start. Now the game  won't run at ALL.
The screen goes grey/black and the machine freezes just before the blue, then red EA Dice Logo. I've cleaned, defragged, made sure that there were no EA files left around, then reloaded again the entire works. The game started, once. That was it. It won't even run the basic game with, or w/out the 1.4 patch. Not even single player. I 3dmark05'ed the machine, and the numbers were the same as new. Mem tests OK, Video,too. Wha-hoppen???
Help, Pleeeeeezzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!
I gotta get my game running. I've been without for almost 10 days, now.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6539|Internetfitlerland

Re-install?
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6807|Portland, OR, USA

God, "Battlefield 2" is now at the top of the forum and people still post in here for BF2 help? *moves thread*
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6677
I have this problem too. Reinstalled twice, manually uninstalled (deleted folders), and it still doesn't work.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6807|Portland, OR, USA

Update your video drivers? Close stupid shit in the background?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York
Only way is to do a Clean install of your operating ayatem. Sorry to say, But it happens. It happens to people when they try to uninstall Farcry also. Itas one of those things.

Save ALL your important stuff on DVD or CD's and CLEAN install XP or whatever your running. Do a Full Reformat, Not a Quick one.  Then install your board drivers(if custom built) Then Vidio drivers, Then ALL windows updates. Then Defrag and then install your game.

Thats your choice. It will work then.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York
Forgot to mention, because sometimes the uninstall of BF sometimes forgets to do this, Delete the Battlefield2 folder in  MY DOCUMENTS.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard