Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
CANADIAN_rocker
Member
+0|5590|CANADA
I have a question to all those Military Fighter Pilots out there, and for those people that are not invalved in the Military, than this isent for you.. Im just asking IS IT WORTH IT?? Is it worth it to get good grades in school and go to Univercity and becoming a Fighter Pilot?? I really wanna kno cuz this is my chance to find out now



                                Thanks
Bwspecial
Member
+2|5667
Canada has pilots?
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|5608

Project Arrow got dumped but it's our stupid gov't, military is going downhill.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|5686|Cologne, Germany

first, let me say that I am not a career counselor. I would never tell anyone what carrer to choose. that's every man's personal decision. I'm not a pilot either.

with that said, all pilots I know, be it in the military or on commercial airlines are quite passionate about what they do. You probably won't find a single pilots who says his regrets his decision. I mean, it's not your standard nine-to-five. For most of them, it's a dream come true.

I guess being a pilot is more a way of life than a career. career just comes with it.

will be interesting to see how real pilots view this.

by the way, if you knew this was not going to be BF2-related, why didn't you post in the community subforums ?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|5615|AUS, Canberra
ok im not in the military but alot of my mates are, one mate  went back in to fly blackhawks, anyway did all his testing and got such good marks the airforce aproached him to fly and i quote "fast jets"
he hasnt looked back and says its the best job in the whole world.....i am an inthusiest when it comes planes and wish id taken a bit more care in school casue id love to do it. so i would if i were you...
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|5686|Cologne, Germany

I'm not sure where to move it. Community / Current events ?

help me out here...
thinner44
Member
+1|5654

B.Schuss wrote:

I'm not sure where to move it. Community / Current events ?

help me out here...
community... but then he'd have to get 'rights' to post his replies

edit. Sorry Mr S. My post sounded like I was trying to teach you how to suck eggs.... not intentional 

edit again.... ahhhh. I didn't know that. Cheers (this edit for your post below)

Last edited by thinner44 (2005-11-18 01:21:06)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|5686|Cologne, Germany

thinner44 wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

I'm not sure where to move it. Community / Current events ?

help me out here...
community... but then he'd have to get 'rights' to post his replies
no he won't. chuy opened the community forums to everyone a couple of days ago.

moved to community:currents events
thinner44
Member
+1|5654

CANADIAN_rocker wrote:

I have a question to all those Military Fighter Pilots out there, and for those people that are not invalved in the Military, than this isent for you.. Im just asking IS IT WORTH IT?? Is it worth it to get good grades in school and go to Univercity and becoming a Fighter Pilot?? I really wanna kno cuz this is my chance to find out now Thanks
Myself, coming from a  military family, my brothers enjoyed their time in the armed forces, my dad enjoyed his time in the RAF, he must have, he never stops talking about it . They've all seen active service around the world and they've all come back unscathed... and they would do it again if called upon to do so.
So I would say, if it's something you really want to do, go for it.

I didn't join the forces because my name would be forever etched above the glasshouse doorway
Adelphi
Member
+8|5586|Long Island, NY
It is worth it. 

I'm not a pilot, but my close uncle is.  He served over 20 years in the U.S. Navy as a HH-60 rescue pilot (reached the rank of O-6, Captain).  His job is similar to what I see in the Coast Guard's (which I'm in) rescue pilots, but he rescues downed Navy fighter pilots and other personnel instead of civilians.  I'd definately say it's a way of life because he's still employed by the USN as a civilian consultant/instructor.  He was recently stationed over in Honolulu, but now is back in San Diego, CA consulting and teaching.  A couple of years ago he even went on a 6 month deployment as a Gov't employed civilian with the USS Abraham Lincoln, in support of operation Iraqi freedom.  Which earned him the Defense Distinguished Service Medal.

My uncle has had a very successful career in the Navy, all the while raising 3 boys (all in college) and a daughter (grade school), with the help of his wife and family of course. =P  Not to mention it was cool havin' an uncle send you artillery shells from the first war in Iraq when you're a lil' kid and now rule at "show and tell" time in grade school.

If you think it's for you, then try your hardest in school while you still can.  There will be plenty of job opportunities in the military and civilian life waitin' for you as a pilot.
CANADIAN_rocker
Member
+0|5590|CANADA
Ok, I am happier now Thanks for your comments. I have 1 more sub to talk about that my friend wonders at school. He wonders if the US doesent like Canada and that we make fun of eachother :S well i dont know if that would be true or not but I used to be againts the US but than i relized, i was being a dumbass lol. And I need some help thinking, Cuz to join the Air Force I would probaly enjoy being in the US AirForce cuz well holy crap there is way more opertunitys and it would be funner .. Not that Canada`s AirForce is bad or anything but yea. So please lets make a convorsation on this, trust me it helps!


                                   Thanks again
KtotheIMMY
Member
+513|5608
One of my closest friends and mentors graduated from the US Air Force Academy and now he flies A-10's. I think he was one of the first cadets who had laser eye surgery (photorefractive keratectomy) and got a pilot slot. It took a lot of determination and hard work for him, but he's extremely satisfied with his job today. If you want it bad enough, you will get there.
killazpdx
Member
+-2|5579|Portland,Oregon
Wait, your buddy was able to get laser eye surgery(before or after he joined the military), because i've been talking to all of these recruiters without my glasses on so they don't know that I need them!
dshak
Member
+3|5658
yes canada has pilots, what they use them for is beyond me though. training? excercises? flying groceries Ottowa? Can you join the US air force and not be a US citizen? I didn't think so, but then again I really don't know.

On a side note... stay away from that laser eye surgery... what nobody knows now is 15 years from when you have it done your eyes fall right out of your head.

Last edited by dshak (2005-11-18 21:10:57)

KtotheIMMY
Member
+513|5608
After he joined and while he was in his third year at the Air Force Academy
I joined the Army with horrible vision. You just get the privilege of wearing BCG's

killazpdx wrote:

Wait, your buddy was able to get laser eye surgery(before or after he joined the military), because i've been talking to all of these recruiters without my glasses on so they don't know that I need them!
KtotheIMMY
Member
+513|5608
Did I happen to kill you on Sharqi yesterday dshak?

dshak wrote:

yes canada has pilots, what they use them for is beyond me though. training? excercises? flying groceries Ottowa? Can you join the US air force and not be a US citizen? I didn't think so, but then again I really don't know.

On a side note... stay away from that laser eye surgery... what nobody knows now is 15 years from when you have it done your eyes fall right out of your head.
dshak
Member
+3|5658
KtotheIMMY,

yes, yes you did. I always find it amusing when I cross paths with people from this forum in the game. If I remember right it was a nice kill to.
KtotheIMMY
Member
+513|5608
Thanks. I remember seeing the name dshak and wondering if it was the same person

dshak wrote:

KtotheIMMY,

yes, yes you did. I always find it amusing when I cross paths with people from this forum in the game. If I remember right it was a nice kill to.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|5619|Noizyland

Don't think of going into the NZ Airforse. We dismantled out fourty year old strike division two years ago. The only thing s we ahve are old Iroquis helicopters, Really old Hercules transport planes, and Orion coastal defence planes. oh, and those funky little training planes. those things are the only decent thing the NZ airforce gets.

The Navy's not much better. We sank one of our own frigates last week. It was getting a bit old. Now it's a diving reef!

This is just an invitation for everyone to invade us. We're fucking defenceless.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard