iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6539|Belgium
Its good to know there are two kinds of choppers:

1) Light, fast and deadly. But theres only 1/team (exceptions for Dragon Valley, ...).
2) Flying big, ironclad elephants. Unpopular and usually available.

Well, i can tell you ive had some of my best BF2 moments in the second type of heli, having road kill fun.
You have to take advantage of the extra armor: about as much as an APC, but not .50cal resistant.

Best map to try it out is Wake island, because there is only 1 real road and everybody is walking beside it. Objective: Fly low and try to hit people
Transport heli's are hard to take down, so the only real problem is hitting people, make sure you have enough speed because you cant really turn sharp enough.
Use your advantages, you can blow up even HMMWV's just by flying into them, because you have more armor. Its pretty unhealthy for your heli, so try to avoid it.

Well, there you have it. A great time humiliating people at your disposal

iPoon.be [Z-8] You
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6555
lol, this sounds like fun
going to try that
Entertayner
+826|6580

Jihad J-10's > Flying Ironclad Cows
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6651|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
jihad j10 = not helping team.

unless you stole it from the chinese. and jihad into the other J10
Fearmesnipers
+41|6455|Wales
Funny thing to do is claymore underneath the enemies Plane. so just as they are rushing to get it they get blown up.

You might receive alot of angry messages though
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6758|Mark it zero.
this is how i play mashtuur. no one uses the transport choppers so i just run people over
Entertayner
+826|6580

spawnofthemist wrote:

jihad j10 = not helping team.

unless you stole it from the chinese. and jihad into the other J10
It's still a laugh
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6579|United States
Everyone loves a good helicopter road kill, but they just don't bring the level of embarrassment the same as jet road kills do. Skimming the carrier on Wake with a J-10 is a LOT more effective than trying to bomb it. Everyone that spawns up there is either at the attack chopper pad or the jet pad... you come in at a horizontal angle on that and you can wipe out a shit load of people. I think my personal best was 11 at once.
Simon
basically
+838|6667|UK
Just skim the carrier on Wake of Gulf ! Works wonders !

And to the people who said that already   We rule
samfink
+31|6565
hell, usually when I'm in a plane,mit ends up being jihad. hmm, I wonder if i could make it fall right so it blows up the PLA arty? or,i guess I could sneak into the PLA base and Jihad the thing into the UAV............ Jumping out of course( technically, t wouldn't even cause ROE problems, as the ROE specifically mentions jeep-typoe vehicles, it doesn't say anything about planes...........
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6539|Belgium
Skimming carriers = easy
Painting your heli windshields with humans = tough

I get more satisfaction from the last.
JaggedPanther
+61|6483
I've been doing that one one Wake for the longest time.  (Transport Chopper mowing over ppl)

Every once in awhile some sniper with a M95 straight ahead will get me though.... funny to see the chopper still go after it dumped my body..

Yes you will eventually run into a M95 sniper infront of you, who, after all their tries, will eventually shoot you out of the cockpit.

Not new but still fun.

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2006-10-13 18:09:13)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard