JimmyBotswana
+82|6587|Montreal
Ok I did a search and no hits came up with APC in the title of any post in this section.

My question is what is up with apc vs. apc fighting in this game? If no one is with you in the APC your APC is useless. You constantly have to shift between F1 and F2 and even then the flak balls ( i don't know what the hell those are supposed to be, flaming cannon balls???) do almost no damage to another APC. I got in a battle yesterday vs. another guy alone in an APC. ZOMG it was hilarious we were just shifting from F1 and F2 the battle took like five minutes.

I posted a thread earlier about how I don't like 2142 so far and one guy told me that the APCs are awesome now and I once I learn more I will see how awesome they are. My question is, what is up with these APCs? How are they awesome, and how are you supposed to battle with them if you are all alone? And don't give me this teamwork bs most of the time people don't want to ride with you in the APC so what are you supposed to do? If teamwork is the answer to all of these problems in 2142 EA fucked up royally because most people do not do teamwork and BF2 is 1000 times better because even if your team didn't do teamwork you could still kick ass on your own and if you had good teamwork you were that much better. If the answer is there always has to be teamwork and you can't do anything on your own in the APC (or the tank, you need someone in the second spot or you have no machine gun) then this game is going to suck great big...........

I digress.
MECtallica
+73|6506|jalalabad
The APC in 2142 is meant to be a huge anti-infantry battery , with the ability to EMP other vehicles, to run from it. The APC IMO in 2142 BLOWS.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6587|Montreal
Tanks too. If no one is with you in the tank you have no machine gun. What the fuck is that????????????
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6763|Internet!
Two APCs can abuse you pretty good with their EMP missiles. Hell, one can...
JimmyBotswana
+82|6587|Montreal
But EMP missiles don't do any damage I'm talking about doing battle not annoying other vehicles by disabling them how are you supposed to do battle?
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6659|Australia
Its all about team work now. No more rambo action in ground vehicles at least - havnt tried the new hover dealies. My first impression of the APCs was good. I actually like them more than the BF2 ones - and, in the event another vehicle engages in battle with you, and you start to lose - ATTACK POD AWAY!
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

APC's are made for infantry carriering, and has a machine gun against infantry, EMP against vehicles and a grenade launcher against large infantry groups.

It is not ment to be a fighting vehicle like the BF2 apc's.

Same applies to tanks, teamwork! TEAMWORK!

But EMP missiles don't do any damage I'm talking about doing battle not annoying other vehicles by disabling them how are you supposed to do battle?
There are vehicles designed to attack other vehicles.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6763|Internet!
Those grenade mortar things (F2) do small amounts of damage to vehicles... I think... (right?)
JimmyBotswana
+82|6587|Montreal
Again always the same shit TEAMWORK lol what a load of crap PEOPLE DONT DO TEAMWORK THEY GO OFF ON THEIR OWN AND DO THEIR OWN THING. I would love for the guy who just got in the tank to follow me and together my APC and his tank would pwn but he doesn't follow me, so now what do I do? How does your "teamwork" help now?
Havazn
+39|6695|van.ca
With the introduction of Mechs, the tanks in 2142 essentially become the APCs of BF2. APC stands for Armoured Personnel Carrier. It is not designed to stand toe to toe with a tank in real life. I believe they were misrepresented in BF2. No one used the to transport troops into a fight. Although 2142 is in the future, these machines are portrayed more accurately as an APC. A support tool, not a front line behemoth.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

JimmyBotswana wrote:

Again always the same shit TEAMWORK lol what a load of crap PEOPLE DONT DO TEAMWORK THEY GO OFF ON THEIR OWN AND DO THEIR OWN THING. I would love for the guy who just got in the tank to follow me and together my APC and his tank would pwn but he doesn't follow me, so now what do I do? How does your "teamwork" help now?
Teamwork? Join the BF2S EU server, and you'll notice what teamwork means.
Volatile
+252|6706|Sextupling in Empire

JimmyBotswana wrote:

Make a squad and act like your competent and you will attract the right players. Works for me most of the time.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6587|Montreal

Havazn wrote:

With the introduction of Mechs, the tanks in 2142 essentially become the APCs of BF2. APC stands for Armoured Personnel Carrier. It is not designed to stand toe to toe with a tank in real life. I believe they were misrepresented in BF2. No one used the to transport troops into a fight. Although 2142 is in the future, these machines are portrayed more accurately as an APC. A support tool, not a front line behemoth.
First of all the APC did not stand toe to toe with the tank in BF2 most of the time you were dead unless you hit the tank's weak spot.

Secondly if you were squad leader and an APC driver you could use the APC very effectively to load up, hit a flag, unload, cap in 5 seconds, and load up again to hit the next one, capping four flags before the enemy knew what was happening, and I did that quite often.

The difference being that you could actually battle with the other APCs if you encountered them. Now, what are you supposed to do if you encounter another APC? The EMP does no damage and those mortar thingys on F2 do slight damage.

It's the same with the tank if no one will get in the tank with you you are screwed because you have no gun to kill infantry. This is why I think BF2 pwns teh shit out of 2142 bcozz if you had good teamwork you pwned but even if your team didn't want to help you you were still lethal on your own. EA is hoping for some utopian scenario where everyone will help out and everyone will have the same ideas on how to win and work together. The good thing about BF2 is if your whole team thinks capping a certain flag is the best course of action and they are getting killed and not capping anything, and you are smarter and think hmmmmm i'll flank them here and go cap this flag which is undefended you could, and in an APC or tank you were still a lethal weapon all alone. Now, you will have no choice but to fight with your n00b teammates and get killed bcoz teh vehicles are all useless on their own.

Is the answer just teamwork teamwork teamwork cause if it is this game is going to suck great big...............

You know the rest.

Last edited by JimmyBotswana (2006-10-13 01:10:12)

mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6543|Doncaster UK

Havazn wrote:

some one with a bit sense! +1 my good friend
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

Well if you encounter another APC just ignore it and go on about your bussiness Or your teammate engy can shoot him self up on the nearest building (above APCs FOV)

But honestly APC in BF2 was not, in most cases "used to quickly transport personel on the battlefield and shield them from small arms fire" and crap like that that only looks good on paper. No. In most cases it was just used to pwn the shit out of infantry with its cannon with splash damage thingy. (notice how I said "in most" cases - means not ALL)

As far as the capability to get to sites fast, 2142 is much better. You have the crazy transport choppers (gazzilion times better then BlackHawk) and TITAN PODS FTW. You can shoot your self hundrets of meters with it, land on buildings, hills, peolpe even Defending a site was never more important.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
The APCs in 2142 are there to get your team from A to B safely. They are not strictly an offensive vehicle, especially against tanks and walkers. The EMP fitted to them is to disable enemy armour long enough for your passengers (preferaly a couple of engineers) to hop out and blow the enemy armour's ass up before it gets mobile again.

As an APC driver you should be protecting your passengers with the EMP so that the armour never gets chance to kill them.

It's all about teamwork. No, the main gunner doesn't have a machine gun anymore, that's been given to the second position. Get a teammate in the tank with you and while you're blowing the crap out of stuff with the main gun, he can be protecting you blindside from sneaky recon guys with RDX packs.

If you cannot grasp the concept of teamwork you are not going to fair well in BF2142.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6587|Montreal
It's not me who can't grasp the concept this idea that everyone in 2142 will work together its a fairy tale
Delphy
+45|6586|Bristol, UK
I grasp the concept, idiot, it just doesn't happen very often.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
Create a squad, invite people to it, lead them well and teamwork will happen. Create a squad, and then ignore your squad becasue they don't do exactly what you want, they'll completely ignore you and do their own thing.

It's up to you. Be a good squad leader an they'll come back for more when they see that they are getting good scores.

But, keep in mind that this is gonna be a new game, even a new type of game, for many people. Treat them like n00bs and they are gonna want to work with you. Lead them, support them, give them useful orders.

Delphy wrote:

I grasp the concept, idiot, it just doesn't happen very often.
And calling someone an idiot just because you can't think of a useful comment is a good indication of your character. Ask yourself a question, when your squad doesn't perform who has failed? Do you consider the be all and end all of being a squad leader to be a spawn point and hitting PG UP whenever the commander gives you an order?

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-10-13 01:45:26)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Wow. It amazes me how in BF2 there was no end to complaints that APCs and Tanks were almost unstoppable killing machines, and now when the driver is limited and so cannot 'pwn' everything, the complaints flow in.

WHAT THE HELL!!??
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK

Ty wrote:

Wow. It amazes me how in BF2 there was no end to complaints that APCs and Tanks were almost unstoppable killing machines, and now when the driver is limited and so cannot 'pwn' everything, the complaints flow in.

WHAT THE HELL!!??
There's just no pleasing some people Ty.
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6488
lol in BF2 you can't even get a gunner to jump in a helo with you and easily own the other team. There's NO WAY your going to get someone to jump in that shitty APC with you.

2142 APC = BF2 Vodnik
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

There's just no pleasing some people Ty.
Urgh. Tell me about it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
Gunner's don't jump in helos in BF2 for fear of some retard who either wanted to fly solo or wanted his teammate to be his butt buddy flying off to the edge of the map and deadzoning them.

I fully agree, 2142 APC does = BF2 Vodnik. It's a transport, a personnel carrier. It's not meant to be a tank. Just because BF2 had it wrong and the APC was used as a one man mini tank doesn't mean that 2142 is now wrong. Different is not necessarily wrong.

What is it with people. Just because this game has "Battlefield" at the beginning everyone is expecting it to be exactly the same as BF2. How much fun would that be? I don't want another clone of a game I've already got, I want something new. Adapt, reassess, develop new tactics.

IMHO EA have got it right with the APC. If you don't like the way it plays then don't buy the game and don't play it. Stick with BF2.
kn0ckahh
+98|6740|netherlands, sweet lake city
the machine gun is ownage to kill inf, and the EMP is a little useless to battle with and is only ment to get  away, i think the tanks, the reall  tanks not those hoover thingy's are total ownage, a good machinegun on top and the turret is able to blast everything you are able to see.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard