WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6773|Oslo, Norway
So I just stumpled ontop of this video and it is pretty low, I would just like to share it with you and hear how usmarine thinks it is normal...

link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cbqQr2EEtHA

Last edited by WilhelmSissener (2006-10-12 21:41:32)

sithao
+63|6665|Los Angeles, California
damn thats pretty damn low
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6773|Oslo, Norway

sithao wrote:

damn thats pretty damn low
you can see it?
pwned7
+53|6618
its fake. pause it on the jet and look at how the edges of the jet are faded. besides, the jet is also VERY clearly seen when its paused. it should be totally stretched and unable to see.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6526|Melbourne

Seen this one on the news earlier today, apparently the jet was taking off from an air field and the soldier was in the Wong spot at the wrong time.  Theres a military investigation into it now.

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-10-12 21:44:56)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6773|Oslo, Norway

pwned7 wrote:

its fake. pause it on the jet and look at how the edges of the jet are faded. besides, the jet is also VERY clearly seen when its paused. it should be totally stretched and unable to see.
so it is not allowed to hae an....ehh....High FPS camera?
-TL-
Srs lurker
+25|6532|Oklahoma City
A longer version of it got posted on here earlier today too.
sithao
+63|6665|Los Angeles, California
yes i can see it all i did was take the [youtube]'s out and copy and paste the link beetween.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6773|Oslo, Norway
Strange, it is supposed to work with the code I provided :S
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6663|Camp XRay

you have to use the actual link provide next to the video, the links in the browser sometimes don't wrok....crazy internets

https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6761|Sydney, Australia
Cool video, but one thing stands out. There is a distinct lack of engine noise after the aircraft flys overhead.

I lived on a RAAF Base a while back. I witnessed many F/A-18 and BAe Hawk takeoffs and flybys. As the aircraft passed overhead, there was an ear-splitting rumble. This continued for some time as the aircraft moves away.

The thing is, that these flybys were part of a circuit, so that aircraft were pretty high. For this aircraft to pass so low, and not generate so much noise after it's passed, the credibility of this video is dramatically reduced.

Also, the person standing under the aircraft didn't cover their ears. A jet that low would wreck your hearing.

A video of a flyby to illustrate my point about noise after the aircraft pass. Note they are significant;y higher than the Harrier.

Mcminty.
Reciprocity
+721|6620|the dank(super) side of Oregon
looks cool, but it's bs.  a throttled jet flying that close would probably cause blood to come out of your ears.  and it would pick up A LOT of dust not to mention the reporter and the camera man.  The Jet wash could possible cause servere burns.  A standard camera could not capture that jet so well,  and I'm not sure a digital camera would fare much better.  It does look cool though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard