The United States and allies20%20% - 24
myspace.com22%22% - 27
Total: 118
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650
Old Chinese curse:

May you live in interesting times.

well these are really interesting times right now.  The way we saw the world for the last century will be dramtically changed.  Which current issues across the globe do you think will effect your quality of life for the worse in the near future, and why?

Iran for me.  A nuclear armed Iran will probably change things the most for everybody. The effects of the economy and the military will not be polarized just with the United States and/or the middle east.  I think Iran is the big one.  Let the ideas fly...
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6604|Seattle

Iran
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6664|Australia
Isreal
Brasso
+1,549|6637

N. Korea.  What's happening in Venezuela?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Volatile
+252|6711|Sextupling in Empire

Iran = pain in the ass 'cause of opec. Thats why the gas prices have plumeted. We have left them alone, so there is no tension currently. I want to add that consumer demand has increased at a slower rate than what was expected, so that also contributed to the price fall.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6604|Seattle

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

Isreal
I already said IRAN. sheesh.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650
I would almost vote Nkore...but....not really.  They are dangerous, thats for sure, but I think they are making all this noise just to get into direct talks with the United States again.  I used to oppose this, but honestly you gotta keep it real when someone got a nuclear weapon.  thats the plain truth.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6664|Australia

King_County_Downy wrote:

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

Isreal
I already said IRAN. sheesh.
Damn, ummm multiple answers ftw?
Chou
+737|6797
I think myspace.com destroyed more nations than any war combined
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6729|Eastern PA
I voted religious zealots...at home and abroad. Honestly, that's why Pakistan having nuclear weapons is more frightening for me than either Iran or the DPRK going nuclear. Say what you will about Iran, but it's probably one of the more stable societies in the region, save Israel or Turkey and if the current theocracy fell, the likely government waiting in the wings would most likely be better. North Korea having nukes doesn't fundamentally change the national security calculus for the US or the ROK as a pre-nuclear DPRK invasion of the south would have probably involved the US using tactical nukes and the likely destruction of the south...not much has changed as far as I can see.

Pakistan however is a different situation. Hell, Musharraf is a (fairly) good ally, but if he falls...

And I don't particularly cotton to the nuts here at home that feel that global death and carnage are a sign of the "glorious return of Jesus Christ". Makes me wish their asses were already raptured up to wherever the fuck they're going so they can leave me to my pleasures of the flesh.
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6558|UK

Masques wrote:

Makes me wish their asses were already raptured up to wherever the fuck they're going so they can leave me to my pleasures of the flesh.
+1 and amen to that!
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650

Masques wrote:

I voted religious zealots...at home and abroad. Honestly, that's why Pakistan having nuclear weapons is more frightening for me than either Iran or the DPRK going nuclear. Say what you will about Iran, but it's probably one of the more stable societies in the region, save Israel or Turkey and if the current theocracy fell, the likely government waiting in the wings would most likely be better. North Korea having nukes doesn't fundamentally change the national security calculus for the US or the ROK as a pre-nuclear DPRK invasion of the south would have probably involved the US using tactical nukes and the likely destruction of the south...not much has changed as far as I can see.

Pakistan however is a different situation. Hell, Musharraf is a (fairly) good ally, but if he falls...

And I don't particularly cotton to the nuts here at home that feel that global death and carnage are a sign of the "glorious return of Jesus Christ". Makes me wish their asses were already raptured up to wherever the fuck they're going so they can leave me to my pleasures of the flesh.
you are right.  but, religious zealots, I dont think will have much of a long term effect on global history.  These guys, are not necessarily government organizations and their influence could only extend for so many stupid, ignorant generations.  The world, (thank....god?) is a much more secular place than it was at any time prior since the invention of religion.  I think government bodies, in this case Iran with its theocracy, real fuckin strong history and sense of nationalistic pride is the main threat.  They want to step up into the world stage and we dont want em to.  But, from what Im learning bit by bit, the iranian government is more open to moderation and change, but ofcourse the situation in the big sand box is so fluid its hard to make any real concrete predictions.

Musharraf is our friend for now, i say for now because the that shit always seems to change in the middle east and central asia.  but what I trip out on is the fact that Musharraf is in pakistan with the bomb and osama bin laden is right there in pakistan, closer than most people in the world are to nuclear weapons.  What happens to Musharraf when he A)Dies or B)dies some more.  Dictatorships never have happy endings.  realigious zealots are indeed a serious threat, but I think only for the immediate, not long term.  People eventually smarten out
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6764|Argentina
Israel, because sooner or later that bomb is gonna blow.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568
US, Israel, UN are creating (and in the case of US and Israel benfiting from) the status quo, why would they change it?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6743

To sum things up.

Religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war
bogo24dk
+26|6513
I vote for USRAEL.
BVC
+325|6702
Religious Zealots.  They'll always take things too far.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Myspace.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650
no new takers?
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6534|Portland, OR USA
I voted US.  Not due to any overt malice, but simply as a function of influence.  As we have more girth to swing about (be it good or bad, wrong or right) our actions have the propencity to have bigger ripples.  And since we are going beyond that and actively trying to effort change on a regional scale, I think the liklihood is pretty high for some bad shit to happen.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6723
Sudan, it's a fucking holocaust over there.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6701|Howell, Mi USA
Myspace will end the world, i just know it.

zomg liek i gotz liek 10000 fr13nd5 0n mi5pac3 1m s0 c00l y0!!!111

then perverts kidnap/murder our children from myspace and the human race is destroyed.

Myspace needs to be stoped.....now
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6656

I vote MySpazz. Damn those emo motherfuckers to hell.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6723

ghettoperson wrote:

I vote MySpazz. Damn those emo motherfuckers to hell.
I thought them Emo's /wrist right? why the fuck are emos still alive... zomg...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6743|Salt Lake City

I'm going to have to say religious zealots.  They have been around as long as religion, and if the current state of things hasn't shown that they can continue to garner support, then you are blind.  Even if the leaders of these so called zealot groups don't have purely religious grounds behind their goals, the power of religious persuasion is still a major compelling factor that can't be ignored.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard