JaggedPanther wrote:

Will the ME-262 make an appearance?

T-34's?
Jadgpanthers?
ISU-155?
88 AA?
PAK's?
Yes all of those should appear eventually in FH

and the ME-262 was a war-time aircraft and did see service.
JaggedPanther
+61|6482

sergeriver wrote:

JaggedPanther wrote:

T-34's?
Jadgpanthers?
ISU-155?
88 AA?
PAK's?
I don't want the Me262 to appear, the jets ain't WWII likely, although it was a great advance in aviation.
It did see WW2 service though.

Even though the Pershing never saw active service, it is still included in more war games than he ME262.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6527|Adelaide, South Australia

sergeriver wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

But I can own your Stuka in a Spitfire.
True,
but i can run the rest of your team down before thay make it to their planes/tanks/jeeps.

Just watch out when i get the Messerschmit-109
Damn, I love both Spitfire and Bf109.
Well, you come on my team, fly the 109, and give me air cover as i run people down. sounds fair, right?
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6760|Toronto, ON
Yeah, those graphics don't look that great.
Alpha as fuck.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6765|Argentina

JaggedPanther wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

JaggedPanther wrote:

T-34's?
Jadgpanthers?
ISU-155?
88 AA?
PAK's?
I don't want the Me262 to appear, the jets ain't WWII likely, although it was a great advance in aviation.
It did see WW2 service though.

Even though the Pershing never saw active service, it is still included in more war games than he ME262.
I know but it doesn't fit in WWII, coz of the jets.
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6653|Canada

sergeriver wrote:

I don't follow. Not everything is fair in war, thats what makes it interesting. You can't take out the King Tiger because the Allied tanks weren't a great enough match, or you can't take out the MP44 because it was the only assualt rifle. The british did develop a jet fighter that was put into action weeks after the ME262, it was called the gloster meteor. Check out this link for more jet aircraft http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wo … t_aircraft

And the M26 Pershing did see limited service before the end of WWII. If you don't believe me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M26_Pershing

"A small number were brought across to Europe under the Zebra Technical Mission which included tanks, spares and military and civilian observers. They were assigned to General Omar Bradley's 12th Army Group and split between the 3rd and 9th Armored Division. They first saw combat in February 1945. The first Pershing loss was on the 28th February to a Tiger but it was recovered and put back into operation."

Last edited by CaptainMike (2006-10-14 20:47:29)

kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6773|Toronto Canada
the bf2s us server should run this!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6765|Argentina

CaptainMike wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I don't follow. Not everything is fair in war, thats what makes it interesting. You can't take out the King Tiger because the Allied tanks weren't a great enough match, or you can't take out the MP44 because it was the only assualt rifle. The british did develop a jet fighter that was put into action weeks after the ME262, it was called the gloster meteor. Check out this link for more jet aircraft http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wo … t_aircraft

And the M26 Pershing did see limited service before the end of WWII. If you don't believe me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M26_Pershing

"A small number were brought across to Europe under the Zebra Technical Mission which included tanks, spares and military and civilian observers. They were assigned to General Omar Bradley's 12th Army Group and split between the 3rd and 9th Armored Division. They first saw combat in February 1945. The first Pershing loss was on the 28th February to a Tiger but it was recovered and put back into operation."
I believe you because I'm a major aircraft enthusiast and have a lot of books on the topic.  I only say I would not like the Me262 to be in the game, not that the plane didn't exist.  In fact, the plane was in service more than a year before WWII's end.
While Me262 saw a lot of action during 1944 and 1945, British Gloster Meteor and American P-80 didn't see any.  So, the only true jet of WWII is the Me262 with a K/D ratio of 150/100 against allies fighters, pretty good for a new plane.

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-10-15 05:59:15)

vassili
+66|6531
this mod looks awsome man
love the big navy vessels and submarines
cant wait till this comes out keep me updated man
btw is there already a forgotton hope version for bf1942?
Herc82
+3|6437|Currently with the Roo's
Hey Vassili,

Of course.... (that's why everybody (or most) are so excited about the new one... have a look at
http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/

That should keep you busy until the release of the new one... though I'm not sure if there are still servers running... have no access & game at the moment...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard