tupla_s
+455|6584|Finland

majorassult wrote:

Anyone else get really confused when they opened it?

It looks very different from the BF2 files.
All the languages are in the same file. It opens perfectly with excel
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6655|under there hayousaidunderwear

tupla_s wrote:

majorassult wrote:

Anyone else get really confused when they opened it?

It looks very different from the BF2 files.
All the languages are in the same file. It opens perfectly with excel
oh yeah now I see..but seems a bit crowded I wish I could open it in notepad with only english.
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6408|Norway | Unkown
ok, here is what I have done so far with the file..

https://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6086/colorlk4.png

Uper corner changed, Weapon added to when Teamkill and color, lower middle name changed, flag cap name
Anything else I should change?

PS: Edited so every languages have it.. Dunno about the chines and the other texts..

English, Swedish, Danish, German and the rest

Last edited by SAF.Phaxe (2006-10-10 12:59:52)

Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6743|the middle of nowhere
Yeah you can chat in orange again. I did it and people were saying ZOMG HOW DO JOO GETZ DA COLORS!

Press j to chat then type in: |ccc|   lolz0r my text is orange   (or whatever else you want after the |ccc|)

but make sure to put spaces after the |ccc| because it usually cuts off the first letter after it.
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6703|Groningen / Netherlands
ORANGE FTW its is the collor of holland

Last edited by RonnY[NL] (2006-10-10 13:06:00)

tupla_s
+455|6584|Finland

SAF.Phaxe wrote:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6086/colorlk4.png

Uper corner changed, Weapon added to when Teamkill and color, lower middle name changed, flag cap name

PS: Edited so every languages have it.. Dunno about the chines and the other texts..

have done pretty much same changes to the file I hosted, only english though
post 24
PhaxeNor
mine is for all languages
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6629|Wigan. Manchester. England.

SAF.Phaxe wrote:

Not to sound cheeky but because i dont know what kits the weapons are for (others may not either)

could you put the kit name in it aswell?
Worked a charm in BF2!

PhaxeNor

scottomus0 wrote:

SAF.Phaxe wrote:

Not to sound cheeky but because i dont know what kits the weapons are for (others may not either)

could you put the kit name in it aswell?
Worked a charm in BF2!

Yes I can do that..
PhaxeNor
I have added the kit names to it now, just testing it. Post screens when im done.. Need to recreate the whole file when the games is released (will add it to my website)

Screenshot: https://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2386/kitsuy0.jpg

Last edited by SAF.Phaxe (2006-10-10 16:38:40)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461

SAF.Phaxe wrote:

Can you explain exactly how to get it to that because I don't want to do anything that might mess up my game.
PhaxeNor
You can download the file from my home page (making an more over look guide) Give me a few min to finish that part of the site...
The#1Spot
+105|6532|byah
you do realize that you guys are hacking the game even though its as simplae as changing the color of your name.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6461

The#1Spot wrote:

you do realize that you guys are hacking the game even though its as simplae as changing the color of your name.
Yes but does it really improve our game-play and is it detectable? no, while its technically hacking no one cares. this stuff has happened for months in BF2 and no one was ever penalized for it.
PhaxeNor

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

The#1Spot wrote:

Yes but does it really improve our game-play and is it detectable? no, while its technically hacking no one cares. this stuff has happened for months in BF2 and no one was ever penalized for it.
Yup, BFROE know about it, EA know about it.. But when you play BF2 or BF2142 you have to follow the ROE.. BUT!!  if you look closely on the ROE, it says:

BFROE wrote:

3.1.1 Players may not change (hack) any core games files or effectively change game settings by employing external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving themselves an unfair advantage over other players. This would include but not limited to:

(a) MSX and other 3rd party software.

(b) Modification of weapons code, aka Tank turrets exploit.

(c) CVAR hacks which would make players appear Neon

(d) CVAR hacks that let players see thru walls or buildings

(e) Mini-Map hack so all players are visible

(f) Modification of Player Names which would alter their size or colors.
Now look here:
Players may not change (hack) any core games files or effectively change game settings by employing external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving themselves an unfair advantage over other players.
I don't see how the color text can give us an advantage over other players.. You can just learn what type of weapons it is, and what kit that has it.. But why do someone want to do that?

And Yes we are changing the core files, BUT we ain't got an advantage over other players and it is what it says there.. So then it means that we ain't hacking or giving our self an unfair advantage, but we change it so that we can see it (not that im blind, but some times you might not know if you killed him or not.. Not even notice the white text on the center there...)

No hacking or giving our self an advantage over other players, but core file yes.. But they won't do much about it becouse you DON'T have an advantage over the other players.. simple..

I have also  talked to an BFROE member.. He said that you are ALLOWED to change Client side option color (NOT THE NAME!)
So what we do here is Legal in all ways! As long as ONLY YOU can see it, then its allowed...
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6655|under there hayousaidunderwear
BFROE member (saladforks) taught me how to edit my files....
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6650|Devil's Perch
Dude, the rule about not changing names was created pre-BF2-1.3, when you could (ab)use the clantag to change font size and color of your nickname and in game.
The localisation files were not and will not be considered "core game files". I'm quite sure the "core game files" are those in the compressed client and server files.
Proud member of a dead community.
PhaxeNor

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

Dude, the rule about not changing names was created pre-BF2-1.3, when you could (ab)use the clantag to change font size and color of your nickname and in game.
The localisation files were not and will not be considered "core game files". I'm quite sure the "core game files" are those in the compressed client and server files.
True
Anyway, the only folder that you need to look in is "Localization", but you can ofc. edit in the "Movies" folder too..

Color name in BF2142 im not sure about, but the same rule about it will still apply
Lt_Rapt0r
+10|6415

tupla_s wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

im waiting for someone to make one ready-made localization file cuz im kinda lazy
Here see if it works
http://www.freewebs.com/tupla_s/strings.zip
(The link seems to just jump back to this site for me so you may have to copy paste the link)

I changed the weapon texts to orange and added weapon names to teamkills so it says

guy1 [ Weapon ] guy2
guy1 [ Teamkill - Weapon ] guy2

And player names and times from votes to orange + some other stuff that I don't remember anymore
I tried your file and everything inside my game was screwed up. all the buttons had random text in it. i.e. one said "BUTTON_submit_done".... i have  back up and i went back to it... but i really want the weapons to come in orange... and even better if it has the kit.

Phaxe, whenever you host your code please post it here i would appreciate it
tupla_s
+455|6584|Finland

Lt_Rapt0r wrote:

tupla_s wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

im waiting for someone to make one ready-made localization file cuz im kinda lazy
Here see if it works
http://www.freewebs.com/tupla_s/strings.zip
(The link seems to just jump back to this site for me so you may have to copy paste the link)

I changed the weapon texts to orange and added weapon names to teamkills so it says

guy1 [ Weapon ] guy2
guy1 [ Teamkill - Weapon ] guy2

And player names and times from votes to orange + some other stuff that I don't remember anymore
I tried your file and everything inside my game was screwed up. all the buttons had random text in it. i.e. one said "BUTTON_submit_done".... i have  back up and i went back to it... but i really want the weapons to come in orange... and even better if it has the kit.

Phaxe, whenever you host your code please post it here i would appreciate it
Works fine for me, maybe I'll have to try host it again

EDIT: Here hosted it without packing, maybe it'll work now http://www.fileplanet.com/168886/160000 … ion-change

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-10-11 06:27:32)

Lt_Rapt0r
+10|6415
ok, i downloaded it. ill try it when i get home. if it works ill host it from my site if you dont mind
tupla_s
+455|6584|Finland

Lt_Rapt0r wrote:

ok, i downloaded it. ill try it when i get home. if it works ill host it from my site if you dont mind
No I don't mind, couldn't host it on my site without packing 'cos it just opened it in the browser
PhaxeNor
ok, uploading the stuff to my site now, should be up within the hour..
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6629|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Appreciate it Phaxe
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6461
What is your site's url?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard