I just installed SF yesterday and I had 5 unlocks to use, I've used a couple already, so first take a look at what I have unlocked:
https://aycu35.webshots.com/image/5874/2005505648108270992_rs.jpg

I have 2 unlocks left, any advice on what guns to use them on?

thanks in advance..
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6568|Seattle

G36e and G36c
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6727|Scotland

G36-E and P90 - All the other ones are pretty useless, unless... you play engineer a lot.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6718|The United Center

King_County_Downy wrote:

G36e and G36c
He already has the G36C.

I would probably go with the Jackhammer and MP7.  People say the MP7 sucks, but if you learn how to use it correctly, it's insane.  Headshot machine.
=RvE=kbgfighter
+16|6603|Oslo, NORWAY
ehm P90 sucks... G36-E or MG36 is the best weapons
RyansRangers
+2|6501
Get the pea shooter. The 2nd engineer unlock. Way better than shotguns.
thanks for the quick response.. but you may want to take a closer look... I already have the G36C..

And regarding the G36E.. whats the main dif. between that and the L85A1? (first medic unlock) that you (or anyone else) has noticed?
I'm thinkin maybe the P90.. only because I cant stand in-effective AT's... (I've found myself playing that kit more, esp. on AF maps) and the DAO blows at anything beyond 10 ft..
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6727|Scotland

THEBUNGALOWJUNKIEKID wrote:

thanks for the quick response.. but you may want to take a closer look... I already have the G36C..

And regarding the G36E.. whats the main dif. between that and the L85A1? (first medic unlock) that you (or anyone else) has noticed?
Sexier and more accurate. It kills with 3 bullets. Am I right guys?
Maybe 4....
It is still the godly medic gun.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6693|Oregon
the 36e is 3-rnd burst, not full auto, accurate faster (l85 takes a while to get accurate after going prone, etc.), i use the base guns, but the 36e is the best unlock you can get right now.

and the p90 would be another possibility...fairly accurate, and you get 50 rounds. arguably an awesome gun. i would get that and the 36e.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida
get the scar and the g36e DEFINATLY WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!
then the rest are up to you, i suggest the p90. pkm. jackhammer. ectect
15 more years! 15 more years!
After the last few posts.. I'm leaning towards the g36e... medic is a great class to use.. if you use it right..lately I've been playin with medics that dont revive or drop health packs..

after that I'm stuck between the Scar and the P90.....    but basing my decision on use of class.. spec ops is fun.. but with no armor u get rocked.. anti tank fills a better role for a squad.. and has armor... plus the p90 gives more effective range to the class (hiding in bushes with a DAO yields no way of defending troops at a distance, or pickin off a tank gunner...)           

any other thoughts people?
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6721|the middle of nowhere
Choose For Your Self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fester53D&E
+3|6401|Los Angeles, CA
I would go with the G36E and MG36.  They both have 3 round bursts which I thought I would hate, but they are great.  The MG36 I still use in Auto, but a 3 round burst is nice every once in a while.  They have the same sight picture (if you like the G36C).  The G36E is excellent, you can squeeze off several 3 round busts in a very short amount of time and you can heal yourself and others.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6616|Malibu
In my opinion, I would say G36-E (Medic) and Jackhammer (Engineer).
I only say this since G36-E is a gun which is very easy to use and it can get you out of tough situations quite easily. Jackhammer is useful if you are at close range with someone and have to take him down fast. Just hold the trigger and you will see him on the floor calling for medic. I didn't say MG36 like others since if you already have PKM then you are almost set, the only advantage that I find in MG36, in most cases, is that it is a great close to medium rage weapon but default support weapon can do just fine.

Another reason why I chose G36-E (Medic) and Jackhammer (Engineer) is that I think it is always good to have alternatives for every class since you don't know when you might want to use it.
MrE`158
+103|6594
If you play lots of Engineer, get both Engineer guns.  Unfortunately, you need to take the Jackhammer to take the MP7, but the MP7 is amazing fun.

If you don't play engineer, take the G36E, one of the best all-round weapons in the game, and the P90, which gives you a new style to add to your AT kit. 

Don't get any of the others without trying them out extensively first.  Remember, you can use all those weapons in Special Forces by being in the right army, without having them unlocked.  Don't unlock the MG36 or the SCAR-L unless you've tried them out a LOT and have decided you can't live without them.  This is especially true of the SCAR-L, it's one of those guns where a few people like it, and say it's the best thing in the world, but many people think it sucks, and if it turns out you're one of the latter, you'll be kicking yourself.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6598|Warlord

King_County_Downy wrote:

G36c
He already has that.

zimmer92 wrote:

G36-E and P90
This is what I was going to suggest too.

But it completely depends on which classes you want to play most and what kind of sights you like etc. The Jackhammer is a worthwhile step up from the pump shotgun IMO if you want to play that class but your mileage may vary.
ViCT0RI0US
Perfection
+26|6389|Qatar: Where The Players Play
G36E and MG36... though you never shoulda unlocked EITHER Assault guns... M16/AK FTW!!! Your unlocks SHOULD read... G36C, MG36, M95(Screw the L96... It's a putrid gun), DAO-12, MP7. NOTHING else is worth unlocking.
ViC

Last edited by ViCT0RI0US (2006-10-09 18:13:01)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
P90 is what I used to get veteren anti-tank Very good weapon.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6598|Warlord

ViCT0RI0US wrote:

G36E and MG36... though you never shoulda unlocked EITHER Assault guns... M16/AK FTW!!! Your unlocks SHOULD read... G36C, MG36, M95(Screw the L96... It's a putrid gun), DAO-12, MP7. NOTHING else is worth unlocking.
ViC
First off, NOTHING else is worth unlocking other that those you listed? Pah. Each to his own.

And as for your in-depth analysis of the L96A1, this is obviously some definition of the word 'putrid' I wasn't previously aware of LOL

BTW, seeing as your player name is ViCT0RI0US don't you think a WLR higher than 1 would be a good idea? Or were you striving for irony?
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6410|canada
g36e
jackhammer
mp7
dao-12
p90
This is exactly what I wanted.. several different suggestions....  thanks for all the input... So far I unlocked the g36e and its being workin pretty well...  Im gonna hold out a bit on the other unlock, need to play SF a bit more to test the weapons....

and yet I'm 1777 points shy of First Sergeant... a few more unocks that I'll get will help this process...   I'm sure I'll get the scar then, and maybe at least the jackhammer so I'll have an unlock for each class....

see you guys out there....

BJK
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6626|UK
pick what you ant mate, then become a tank whore, there your find one of the biggest guns on the map and you can sit in it
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6673
G36-E as it kicks ass, you can kill soooooo many people with it.
And......
THE JACKHAMMER! Yes I admit it is useless if you don't play engineer a lot BUT it is sooooooo much fun to use it makes engineer a whole lot better to use.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6424|USA
Unlocks are for WHORES. That said, G36 + SCAR-L would be my choice. The engineer class comes with a pump shotgun, what more do you need?!?!?! Oh and the pp-19 rapes any other AT weapon, so ignore the P90.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard