Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6519|USA bitches!
With the elections coming up fairly soon, and the state that both parties are in, who would you vote for right now if the voting was tomorrow? I can't say that I like the choices ahead of us, just like the '04 election. Either, pick Kerry, some piece of shit who should've been convicted of treason stemming from his accusations during the Vietnam war, or Bush.... what? Do I have to explain that one?

Who do you want to be President? If it wasn't about all the money it takes, ANYONE could become President. That's how it used to work, I think. Fucking money. So sad, as I'm sure there are brilliant minds out there that could turn this country around, but don't have the required $200 trillion dollars for ad campaigns and to buy off people.

My choice is me, by the way. But, seriously, I don't know who I'd vote for. They say whatever they have to to get into office and the fuck everyone... so, I usually don't vote.

Last edited by Jenkinsbball (2006-10-09 11:55:48)

{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6573
Anything But Bush!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

https://Tampastorm.smugmug.com/photos/101222447-L.jpg
Flippin sweet
Xbone Stormsurgezz
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6489|Montucky
John McCain.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|NÃ¥rvei

Borat for president !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
IRONCHEF
+385|6461|Northern California
gee, i'm just overly-inspired with happy joy-joy feelings about posting a response here considering your fair and balanced approach to this question.

But to humor you, I do agree with your second paragraph.  The wife and i were talking about this very subject saturday.  We wondered what it would be like if the compaign format in this country changed.  We imagined a single, dedicated TV/Internet channel devoted to giving small, 30 or 60 second video or sound bites for each candidate who wishes to run for an elected office.  Then having a unique, highly secure identification device (card with alpha-numeric id) that allows you to vote via the internet or other electronic means..along with the current paper voting format.  Such voting should allow for a public display of votes based on the ID used to authenticate said votes so there's real transparency. 

Further, campaigning should be limited to the medium mentioned above and this would let each candidate say a very minimal message.  A primary round based on region or party could then be employed to limit the amount of candidates.  Further air time can be given for debating and other talking point distribution so as to help voters pick their candidate prior to the official election.  Electoral college voting would be gone, popular votes would decide the winner.  Good times.  Also, raising funds for or using funds for your election should be a disqualifier.

This is how things are done in local communities in Brazil.  It's very crude and simple, but it's fair.  Brazil is no beacon of political success, but it's campaign model is far more fair than ours.

Who would I like for president?  I've always like Wes Clark.  On his sight, I noticed he shares many of the political beliefs I share, he's amazingly intelligent, well versed, understands history very well, and of course he has a military background that was successful in my opinion.  I think I would have like Colin Powell before he was tainted. 

hey, i think there was a thread like this just last week...damn..probably closed now..
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6519|USA bitches!

IRONCHEF wrote:

I think I would have like Colin Powell before he was tainted.
My friend's brother worked for Southwestern Bell and was called out to an army base somewhere. Apparently some type of chemical was spilt onto the ground and ate apart communication lines and distrupted all incoming calls. They get to the site and dig up the wires, which were completely destroyed, and there was nothing they could do about it. Guess who walks up... Colin Powell, pissed off about the current situation. Apparently he told them to fix it right then, and when they couldn't, mouthed off to them and, I would say, gave them an ultimatum to get it fixed, or else.

What a douche. Everyone with power is shit. Absolute power corrputs absolutely. Not saying he has all the power, but anyone with any type of say so are biased.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6489|Montucky
Personally I think it should be required for the Presidant to have served atleast 10 years in the U.S. Military, but thats just me.
Capt. Foley
+155|6558|Allentown, PA, USA
Look, if Colin Powell walked out and was talking to them to tell them to get it the hell done then there must of been something major going on and I mean something fucking major. Dont make first impressions.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Anyone more to the left of Bush.  McCain would be cool.
IRONCHEF
I used to like McCain too, but he's sold out too many times recently.  Most recent was his loss of integrity in accepting the torture bill Bush just passed.  He's also abandoned his constituents like most politicians do before they decide to change office (run for president).  Others doing this are Hillary Clinton, Mit Romney (though he just declined to run for a second term as gov, which shows integrity), Lieberman, Santorum, and ahost of other opportunists.

In short, I have NO faith in politics for this country.  I did enjoy watching the Canadian democratic process and election they had this year!  Very inspiring and impressive.  I also didn't know Canada has had a budget surplus for like 9 years straight.
MorbidFetus
+76|6522|Ohio
Hillary cause she's sssssssoo hot!!!!!
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6519|USA bitches!

IRONCHEF wrote:

I used to like McCain too, but he's sold out too many times recently.  Most recent was his loss of integrity in accepting the torture bill Bush just passed.  He's also abandoned his constituents like most politicians do before they decide to change office (run for president).  Others doing this are Hillary Clinton, Mit Romney (though he just declined to run for a second term as gov, which shows integrity), Lieberman, Santorum, and ahost of other opportunists.

In short, I have NO faith in politics for this country.  I did enjoy watching the Canadian democratic process and election they had this year!  Very inspiring and impressive.  I also didn't know Canada has had a budget surplus for like 9 years straight.
I say no to McCain, because his arms scare me. I know what he went through, but something about that man haunts my dreams.
APortillo
+21|6483|California, USA
Colbert for 08
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6519|USA bitches!

APortillo wrote:

Colbert for 08
We don't need comedians trying to run for President. If they won, they wouldn't know what to do.

I say we got Brewster's Millions up in this bitch.
https://www.charlesflame.com/RichardPryor.jpg
NONE OF THE ABOVE!!

Last edited by Jenkinsbball (2006-10-09 13:05:33)

IRONCHEF
Actually, i don't think it matters if a comedian ran for president.  It would be difficult for such a president to find audience for his trade, but he could do at least as good a job as...other presidents.

In reality, you don't need a politician with a single hour of political office in his/her resume to be a good president.  Someone loyal to the basic foundation of this country, it's people, and the purpose of this country is ALL you need.  Seriously, you're going to have a cabinet surrounding you, a congress opposing or supporting you...the president need only be able to think on his feet, do well on TV, and put the interests of his country first.  For some reason, people have these false ideas about what a president should be...military?  former senator, governor, embassador?  doesn't matter.  I saw Michael Douglas in the movie "American President" and I watched the short-lived series "commander in cheif" with geena davis..and frankly, both of them could be an excellent president based on their characters and the scripts someone wrote for them.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620
Oprah
VOTE OPRAH FOR PRESIDENT!!!

SHE HAS SO MUCH MONEY SHE WONT BE CORRUPT
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6673
I was president once.

True story.
jonsimon
+224|6466

Jenkinsbball wrote:

I say we got Brewster's Millions up in this bitch.
http://www.charlesflame.com/RichardPryor.jpg
NONE OF THE ABOVE!!
QFT
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6568|Seattle

IRONCHEF wrote:

Actually, i don't think it matters if a comedian ran for president.  It would be difficult for such a president to find audience for his trade, but he could do at least as good a job as...other presidents.

In reality, you don't need a politician with a single hour of political office in his/her resume to be a good president.  Someone loyal to the basic foundation of this country, it's people, and the purpose of this country is ALL you need.  Seriously, you're going to have a cabinet surrounding you, a congress opposing or supporting you...the president need only be able to think on his feet, do well on TV, and put the interests of his country first.  For some reason, people have these false ideas about what a president should be...military?  former senator, governor, embassador?  doesn't matter.  I saw Michael Douglas in the movie "American President" and I watched the short-lived series "commander in cheif" with geena davis..and frankly, both of them could be an excellent president based on their characters and the scripts someone wrote for them.
I'll agree with you on this one. The president is mostly just a puppet and a spokes person. He is fed information by other people and his speeches are also written by someone else. I think this is the biggest problem everyone has with Bush. He smiles and laughs during serious topics which in turn, makes people hate him. There's a time and a place for jokes and laughing. Bush seems to forget that. His foreign policies are probably 20% his and 80% his elected official's.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526
Bush just got assassinated on TV over here in Europe. Sweet.
ts-pulsar
+54|6473
I think instead of trying to find a good canidate, we need to bring back the ancient greek (athenian) idea of ostracism.  Once a year everyone get's to vote on exiling a politician from the country for 10 years

That should clean things up a bit.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6461|Menlo Park, CA

CameronPoe wrote:

Is that a freeze dried bull dick in your mouth??

STFU!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

fadedsteve wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Is that a freeze dried bull dick in your mouth??

STFU!
Hahaha!

You're a cock.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6747|Kansas, USA

S3v3N wrote:

John McCain.
2nd choice is Rudy Julliani (sp?).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard