Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6645
Breaking news.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15190745/

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/1 … index.html

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-10-08 20:04:16)

JaMDuDe
+69|6777
Somebody is gona retaliate. Time to pwn some north koreans!
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

JaMDuDe wrote:

if it were that easy
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6708|Wilmington, DE, US

JaMDuDe wrote:

Retaliate on a nuke test? Oh wait, it's Jamdude.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

They'll be more sanctioned now.

[/nobrainer]
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6657|Australia
This is all assuming that MSNBC got it right...

Yeah i think the worst that will happen is that "nations around the World have condemned North Korea's test". Condemnation is the only thing that seems to occur

EDIT: Well more reports a flooding in so it sounds legit...and good for them! I reckon they might just be crazy enough to nuke themselves in the event of invasion, so that acts as a serious deterent

Last edited by Iron_Sentinel (2006-10-08 20:08:21)

Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6622|Camp XRay

JaMDuDe wrote:

ok i was gonna say something, but I am afraid I would be banned. someone else deal with this.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6705
O ****.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America
What? No televised results? We've got all that '50s footage of nukes and hydrogen bombs...where's their possible big boom?
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6694|Mountains of West Virginia

DesertFox423 wrote:

What? No televised results? We've got all that '50s footage of nukes and hydrogen bombs...where's their possible big boom?
What if they tested it underground....
But the report is still unconfirmed.

Last edited by Snipedya14 (2006-10-08 20:14:02)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker

DesertFox423 wrote:

Probably an underground test.  You'd just see a section of dirt cave in.  Not very good footage.  Wish they would've done it above ground and vaporized themselves.  Live from North Korea - "Our supreme leader Kim Jon Il will now test our nuclear device."  *pushes button and sees shockwave rushing toward him*  "Rut ro, oooooh, CRAP!"

Last edited by Stingray24 (2006-10-08 20:16:21)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA
It is on China's side of the world, they don't like it either, so they can handle it.
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6705

Stingray24 wrote:

DesertFox423 wrote:

Probably an underground test.  You'd just see a section of dirt cave in.  Not very good footage.  Wish they would've done it above ground and vaporized themselves.  Live from North Korea - "Our supreme leader Kim Jon Il will now test our nuclear device."  *pushes button and sees shockwave rushing toward him*  "Rut ro, oooooh, CRAP!"
Have you seen any of the old A-bomb underground tests?  Quite a bit more than a section of dirt caving in.

[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1870730456324813920&q=a+bomb+underground&hl=en[/google]

Last edited by Deadmonkiefart (2006-10-08 20:32:10)

Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6657|Australia
Awesome video. So let me get this straight...the nuke goes off underground, and then a little while later the earth collpases? I thought the collapse would have been almost instant after detonation...

Edit: How cool is the shockwave at 'zero time', before 'collapse'

Last edited by Iron_Sentinel (2006-10-08 20:38:40)

Deadmonkiefart
+177|6705
When they mean underground they mean waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy underground.  I could not tell how much time it took because my sound doesn't work.
13rin
+977|6478
Damnit.  We missed our chance to hit em.  Ping pong really needs a bitch slap USA style.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6657|Australia
Yeah, i figured itd be preety far down. Ummm collapse is about 10 - 15 seconds after detonation (it would seem from the video that is)

Last edited by Iron_Sentinel (2006-10-08 20:46:14)

Deadmonkiefart
+177|6705

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Damnit.  We missed our chance to hit em.  Ping pong really needs a bitch slap USA style.
Hey, I like ping-pong.  I could own everybody on this site at ping-pong.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
The tunnel zig zags around with many twists and turns and multiple blast doors.
They really fucked up. China and/or Japan will likely use this as a pretext to invade and/or annex N. Korea.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6486|Melbourne

lowing wrote:

It is on China's side of the world, they don't like it either, so they can handle it.
Its the worlds problem, what do you think will happen? Iran: hey if North Korea can do it we can to, and then more people will build them, and if one goes off how many more do you think will? the next war will be a global disaster, a Nuclear War...
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6680|Dayton, Ohio
guess it is time for some else to test one above groud for them.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

R3v4n wrote:

lowing wrote:

Its the worlds problem, what do you think will happen? Iran: hey if North Korea can do it we can to, and then more people will build them, and if one goes off how many more do you think will? the next war will be a global disaster, a Nuclear War...
Hey wait a minute, I am supporting minding our own business like the "world" wants us to do. I say it is the problem for the other side of planet, they can handle it.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6500|Los Angeles

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I don't get it, what's the joke here? Ping pong?
BVC
+325|6695
Great *rollseyes*

The next step I can see is some sort of threat to use it...probably a defensive threat at first ala "invade and we'll nuke you"...

Edit: If anyone wants to go on a google earth rampage, the site co-ordinates are:
39-47'48" N
125-45'20" E

Last edited by Pubic (2006-10-08 21:59:22)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
And... what to do about it? Economic sanctions are the only thing left. Military action is simply not an option (becuase a. nobody knows where the nukes are and b. Sth Korea would get the shit pounded outta it by DPRK artillery).
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard