Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6514|Little blue planet, milky way
Ban all reality TV shows, and shoot previous contestants and hosts. Keelhaul all network executives showing said crap publicly on HMS QE2 !
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America

Spearhead wrote:

?  You DO know that Stephen Colbert is a democrat, don't you?  He trashes the right wing to hell everyday he exists...
Who said anything political about him? Wing-wing, party-party, Spearhead. I could've said Chuck Norris, Clint Eastwood or Steve McQueen for that matter.

Last edited by DesertFox423 (2006-10-08 18:09:20)

Capt. Foley
+155|6579|Allentown, PA, USA
Holy shit, alot of you guys(almost all liberals) seem to love the idea of complete and utter control and also with the destruction of the most basic of human rights contained in the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Holy shit you guys make me sick.....get rid of organized religion...what is wrong with you guys. Seriously I would rather live in Soviet Russia under Stalin then under the ideas some of you have.
jonsimon
+224|6486

DesertFox423 wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

?  You DO know that Stephen Colbert is a democrat, don't you?  He trashes the right wing to hell everyday he exists...
Who said anything political about him? Wing-wing, party-party, Spearhead. I could've said Chuck Norris, Clint Eastwood or Steve McQueen for that matter.
Steve McQueen rocks.

I think spearhead just wanted to point out the irony that Colbert, who you apparantly hold in high regard, mocks viewpoints that either you hold, or are often associated with viewpoints you hold.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6749|Argentina

Capt. Foley wrote:

Holy shit, alot of you guys(almost all liberals) seem to love the idea of complete and utter control and also with the destruction of the most basic of human rights contained in the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Holy shit you guys make me sick.....get rid of organized religion...what is wrong with you guys. Seriously I would rather live in Soviet Russia under Stalin then under the ideas some of you have.
Organized religion isn't the same that freedom of belief.

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-10-08 18:15:55)

jonsimon
+224|6486

Capt. Foley wrote:

Um, care to point out where we want to destroy any right in the Constitution?
dubbs
+105|6623|Lexington, KY

jonsimon wrote:

dubbs wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

1) Declare war on Israel, both economically and militarily speaking, unless they unconditionally agree to retreat COMPLETELY to 1948 borders, recognise a fully sovereign state of Palestine in the West Bank & Gaza (with capital in East Jerusalem), return the Golan Heights to Syria and Shebaa Farms to Lebanon, pay reparations to refugee Palestinians in other countries, release all political prisoners.
2) Enforce severe but sensible restrictions on the movement of global capital to ensure developing nations aren't exploited. Examine the fairness of 'Free-Trade' agreements and amend where necessary to the same end as that stated. Come down like a TON OF BRICKS on monopolies and oligarchies. Basically slow down globalisation because quite frankly the underdeveloped world is just going to get shafted by what equates to modern imperialism. Let PROTECTIONISM be the watch-word.
3) Toughen up state-church separation rules and regulations IN ALL COUNTRIES (that includes you too, Saudi Arabia).....
Basically be an Anti-Christ figure.  Surpise you did not add Worship Me to one of your post, but if you check golgoj4 quote, I guess that has already started.
Where the hell do you get that? Israel isn't christian, 2 was completely economic, and 3 discriminates against all religions equally.
If you noticed I added ..... so that I did not have to quote the whole post, and reduce the amount of scrolling you have to do on the page.

Also, if you know what the true Anti-Christ was to do, you would understand that the first suggestion, is an all out war against Israel by someone who rules the World.  This is what is called Armageddon, bet you heard of that right, but never know the true meaning of it?  Another thing that shows your lack of knowledge is that Jews also believe in a Anti-Christ.  The book of Daniel (Chapter 7:23-25, Chapter 8 and Chapter 11), is about the Anti-Christ.  This is part of the Jewish text called the Ketubium. This text was written between 605 - 562 BC.  Just this fact alone, shows that Jews believe in the Anti-Christ, but John wrote Revelations, the book that speaks strong about the Anti-Christ in the Bible, and where we get most of the information about the Anti-Christ, was written between 68 to 96 AD.   

One more thing to point out, nowhere did I say that Israel was a Christian nation.  So stop assuming, and learn facts before you start quoting people out of context.  Do a little research next time.

Edit:  Placing more proof that you do not know what you are talking about, and do not do any research.

jonsimon wrote:

Capt. Foley wrote:

Um, care to point out where we want to destroy any right in the Constitution?
If I remember correctly the First Amendment of the US Constitution is........

Freedom of Religion.

Matter of fact, it is the first thing stated in the first amendment.  Let me quote it here for you.

US Constitution wrote:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Now let's go back to my first quote of CameronPoe

CameronPoe wrote:

3) Toughen up state-church separation rules and regulations IN ALL COUNTRIES (that includes you too, Saudi Arabia).....
No where in the Constitution, is there a phase separation of church and state.  The first amendment, states that Congress can not prohibit or establish a religion ran government.  It does not state that a religion can not effect the government.

Last edited by dubbs (2006-10-08 18:28:35)

Twist

Capt. Foley wrote:

Yep. The basic difference between a con and a lib, is that the lib thinks everything can be controlled, and the con thinks nothing can. The truth is that neither side is correct. You pointed to the communist regime, and look how THAT worked out.

Yes, communism works in theory, but functional communism requires total lack of human self preservation and competition (getting ahead in life). I doubt you can remove that from people.

Enlightened rule would be ideal, but where would you go about finding someone who knows everything ?

And I DO agree with the libs that things are going crazy wrong in the world today, a lot of stuff needs fixing, OTOH I also agree with you that some of the crap in this thread is going too far. No amount of con or lib BS can tell me otherwise. Only difference between me and a lib on THAT matter is the fact that I want to work the system from the inside rather than topple it from the outside. Democracy in action, baby !
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6749|Argentina

Twist wrote:

Capt. Foley wrote:

Yep. The basic difference between a con and a lib, is that the lib thinks everything can be controlled, and the con thinks nothing can. The truth is that neither side is correct. You pointed to the communist regime, and look how THAT worked out.

Yes, communism works in theory, but functional communism requires total lack of human self preservation and competition (getting ahead in life). I doubt you can remove that from people.

Enlightened rule would be ideal, but where would you go about finding someone who knows everything ?

And I DO agree with the libs that things are going crazy wrong in the world today, a lot of stuff needs fixing, OTOH I also agree with you that some of the crap in this thread is going too far. No amount of con or lib BS can tell me otherwise. Only difference between me and a lib on THAT matter is the fact that I want to work the system from the inside rather than topple it from the outside. Democracy in action, baby !
Liberalism is trust of the people tempered by prudence. Conservatism is distrust of the people tempered by fear. William E. Gladstone
jonsimon
+224|6486

dubbs wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

dubbs wrote:

Basically be an Anti-Christ figure.  Surpise you did not add Worship Me to one of your post, but if you check golgoj4 quote, I guess that has already started.
Where the hell do you get that? Israel isn't christian, 2 was completely economic, and 3 discriminates against all religions equally.
If you noticed I added ..... so that I did not have to quote the whole post, and reduce the amount of scrolling you have to do on the page.

Also, if you know what the true Anti-Christ was to do, you would understand that the first suggestion, is an all out war against Israel by someone who rules the World.  This is what is called Armageddon, bet you heard of that right, but never know the true meaning of it?  Another thing that shows your lack of knowledge is that Jews also believe in a Anti-Christ.  The book of Daniel (Chapter 7:23-25, Chapter 8 and Chapter 11), is about the Anti-Christ.  This is part of the Jewish text called the Ketubium. This text was written between 605 - 562 BC.  Just this fact alone, shows that Jews believe in the Anti-Christ, but John wrote Revelations, the book that speaks strong about the Anti-Christ in the Bible, and where we get most of the information about the Anti-Christ, was written between 68 to 96 AD.   

One more thing to point out, nowhere did I say that Israel was a Christian nation.  So stop assuming, and learn facts before you start quoting people out of context.  Do a little research next time.
Sorry, missed the dots and the capital A. I took it as anti-Christ. Don't be such a prick though, I know what all those things are.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

Capt. Foley wrote:

Noone has yet said anything demanding limits on personal freedom of speech or freedom of religion.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-08 18:23:39)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6749|Argentina

CameronPoe wrote:

Capt. Foley wrote:

Noone has yet said anything demanding limits on personal freedom of speech or freedom of religion.
Well, we could give married men more freedom, you know?
pitbull0424
+0|6402
outlaw spandex in sizes larger than a 7.  Ban all coalitions. Execute all former politicians for crimes against humanity.
jonsimon
+224|6486

Twist wrote:

Capt. Foley wrote:

Actually, true democracy is enlightened rule. When the people being ruled have direct and total control of who rules, the ruler is inevitably one of the most fit to rule. It's a type of natural selection process, but it is only effective in smaller groups of people where 1. choices for ruler are limited, thus simplifying the decision and increasing overall satisfaction with the result and 2. direct and total control is logistically simpler. A command economy (read: communism) could be highly effective when coupled with a democratic political system.

But then again, I suspect this will fly over your head based on your simplified view of liberalism and conservatism.
dubbs
+105|6623|Lexington, KY

jonsimon wrote:

dubbs wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Sorry, missed the dots and the capital A. I took it as anti-Christ. Don't be such a prick though, I know what all those things are.
I am not trying to be a prick, just showing you  how you lack thinking for yourself.
jonsimon
+224|6486

dubbs wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

I am not trying to be a prick, just showing you  how you lack thinking for yourself.
Try or not, you're succeeding.

Last edited by jonsimon (2006-10-08 18:32:40)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

DesertFox423 wrote:

6. Name everything after Stephen Colbert
I would too! +1
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

Spearhead wrote:

DesertFox423 wrote:

4. Pwn the views of Cameron, jon, serge, Bub and such like
6. Name everything after Stephen Colbert
I know. Out of Character Stephen Colbert is more liberal than camron. He makes his show so sacrastic that if you don't notcie he is a liberal irl then you're fucking retarted.
Twist

jonsimon wrote:

Twist wrote:

... Enlightened rule would be ideal, but where would you go about finding someone who knows everything ? ...

[The deeper meaning of this sentence being that truly enlightend rule cannot be obtained as society is too large to support true democracy and and total knowledge of each individuals needs and problems. And that the "chain" needed if everyone was to point on a "leader" in a smaller community that would then point on a leader in a community of THOSE leaders, who would then point to a leader in THAT community etc. etc. would be too long, and would eventually undemine the concept of "true democracy" itself.]
Actually, true democracy is enlightened rule. When the people being ruled have direct and total control of who rules, the ruler is inevitably one of the most fit to rule. It's a type of natural selection process, but it is only effective in smaller groups of people where 1. choices for ruler are limited, thus simplifying the decision and increasing overall satisfaction with the result and 2. direct and total control is logistically simpler. A command economy (read: communism) could be highly effective when coupled with a democratic political system.

But then again, I suspect this will fly over your head based on your simplified view of liberalism and conservatism.
Then again, I suspect that YOU may not have read all of my post, or maybe YOU are the one who are generalizing same as I were in my original post. The point of genralizing, simplifying, or similar actions is to make a concept, theory or similar more easily understood. Were I to open the floodgates and give you my entire view on political history and current problems in Russia and with communism in general, along with it's impact on word economy, politics and current events, I would have to write an entire book. A book that I fear most of the forum goers would not read. So in order to get my point across, I simplified. Same as you just generalized.
It happens, deal with it, and dont be a smartass about it. You may not care who you insult, but I dislike being insulted in this manner !
Capt. Foley
+155|6579|Allentown, PA, USA
Start this program:
http://www.mindfully.org/Energy/2004/Ch … 4apr04.htm

Oil from Garbage?
author: DEREK REIBER
A company claims its process can mimic the Earth's geothermal activity and turn any type of waste into oil, with no harmful pollutants
This was reposted from www.tidepool.org, a website that compiles coverage of environmental issues of concern in the Pacific Northwest.
______

Turkey guts, old tires, medical waste, obsolete computers, sewage, plastic bottles, cornstalks, household garbage, paper-pulp effluent, and livestock refuse. What does all this stuff have in common? Stick any of it into one of Changing World Technologies' machines and -- through a process that the company claims is 85 percent energy efficient and produces zero harmful pollutants -- out comes oil.

"This is a solution to three of the biggest problems facing mankind," said Brian Appel, CEO of Changing World Technologies, to Discover Magazine. "This process can deal with the world's waste. It can supplement our dwindling supplies of oil. And it can slow down global warming."

Through what's known as a "thermal depolymerization process," or TDP for short, Changing World says it can turn just about anything -- even biological weapons waste such as anthrax spores -- into a golden-brown liquid that closely resembles crude oil, which can then be refined into heating oil, diesel fuel or gasoline. And the only byproduct of the entire process is water, which the company says can be discharged to a municipal sewer system in compliance with laws.

Imagine: no more Middle East oil, toxic waste, hog farm manure run-off, or massive piles of used tires. Instead, feed the detritus into one of a number of TDP plants scattered across the country and the results are three commodity-valued materials: oil, clean-burning gas, and purified minerals that can be used as fuels, fertilizers or manufacturing chemicals.

Sound too good to be true? Many doubters thought so, until the company's Philadelphia pilot plant started converting up to seven tons of various waste into oil, the first large-scale demonstration of the technology's potential. That success soon drew the interest of private investors, who have added $40 million to help move the process along. The federal government has also put $12 million into the venture.

"We will be able to make oil for $8 to $12 a barrel," said Paul Baskis, the inventor of Changing World's patented process, in Discover. "We are going to be able to switch to a carbohydrate economy."

The next phase of the company's test of the technology will be in Missouri, a football field away from one of ConAgra Foods' Butterball turkey processing plants, where Changing World is building a larger version of its Philadelphia test plant. Funded in part by a $5 million grant from the Environmental Protection Agency, the two companies anticipate the $20 million facility will process more than 200 tons of turkey fats, bones, and feathers every day.

"This plant will make 10 tons of gas per day, which will go back into the system to make heat to power the system," said Changing World's Appel in Discover. "It will make 21,000 gallons of water, which will be clean enough to discharge into a municipal sewage system. Pathological vectors will be completely gone. It will make 11 tons of minerals and 600 barrels of oil, high-quality stuff, the same specs as a number two heating oil. The Environmental Protection Agency doesn't even consider us waste handlers. We are actually manufacturers -- that's what our permit says. This process changes the whole industrial equation. Waste goes from a cost to a profit."

As Discover Magazine's story notes, the ConAgra facility represents a key opportunity for the livestock industry, which typically sends its waste to rendering plants that make animal feed and fertilizer from the waste -- essentially making food for animals from other animals. But with the onset of mad cow disease and other livestock pathogens, the practice is coming under heightened scrutiny. Europe has already completely banned the practice, and the United States may be close behind with its own increased restrictions, which could be a big boon for Changing World's TDP concept.

"This is tremendous," Baskis said in the Kansas City Star. "From the tests we've run in our pilot, we know that if we took all the agricultural wastes (in America) and converted them into oil we could make 12 billion barrels per year."

With the U.S. using, on average, 19.4 million barrels a day, such a full-scale conversion could take a big chunk out of the need to import our oil.

The thermal depolymerization process essentially mimics and speeds up what the earth already does over millions of years -- convert hydrocarbon-based waste into oil. Fossil fuels as we know them were produced when the long, complex molecular chains of hydrogen, oxygen and carbon found in long-dead animal and plant life was pressure-cooked by the earth's geothermal activity, yielding shorter-chain petroleum hydrocarbons. Changing World's TDP concept does the same thing, but faster. Plus, it claims it has improved on previous efforts by being able to handle wet waste, which is troublesome because producing enough energy to dry out the biological waste that's used often exceeds the energy value of the oil that's produced.

"The chief difference in our process is that we make water a friend rather than an enemy," said CEO Appel in Discover. "The other processes all tried to drive out water. We drive it in, inside this tank, with heat and pressure. We super-hydrate the material."

Robert Brown, an engineering professor at the Center for Sustainable Environmental Technologies at Iowa State University, told the Associated Press that he'd be surprised if Changing World Technologies could make their fuel at an affordable price, due to the wet waste problem.

Appel acknowledged his company's process isn't competitive with crude oil just yet, but envisions the price dropping as the TDP technology shows more promise. The ConAgra plant in Missouri will need to spend $15 a barrel turning turkey waste into oil, compared with about $13 a barrel for small exploration and production companies and $5 for a major oil company.

An interesting angle on the new technology, however, is its potential impact on the global warming front.

Detractors of the TDP idea argue that it only furthers our dependence on a hydrocarbon-based economy, rather than helping achieve a shift to a hydrogen economy that leaves carbon entirely out of the picture. But the company argues that with a major move toward adopting TDP technologies, oil that's already underground will be allowed to stay there. Keeping that oil below the earth's surface would help realign a balance in the global carbon cycle, which has been thrown out of whack by our extraction and burning of fossil fuels.

With TDP, all the "accouterments of the civilized world -- domestic animals and plants, buildings, artificial objects of all kinds -- would then be regarded as temporary carbon sinks," reports Discover. We wouldn't be overdrawing our carbon bank account, so to speak. Instead, "the only carbon used would that which already existed above the surface," which would help reduce the amount of carbon dioxide that's already accumulated in the atmosphere.

But as with any other new technology, there'll be trade-offs and most likely unforeseen consequences that are tough to ferret out when initially flush with the potential promise of a world-altering idea.

For instance, in one point brought up in an online discussion on FuturePundit.com, if TDP is adopted widely, there'll no doubt be a drop in waste entering the environment. But if waste is no longer considered a "problem" thanks to TDP plants, it could possibly lead to an explosion of "throwaway" consumer items, producing an environmental strain on the production, not disposal, side of the equation.

Regardless of the potential impacts -- beneficial or otherwise -- Changing World's technology, if it proves successful, indeed has the potential to change the world. In conjunction with other advances in alternative energy technologies, the TDP concept will take its place among a new set of ideas that may someday help us get our power from somewhere besides underground. 

^From another link, it dosent take you to the right place when you click on it so I C&P it.

Last edited by Capt. Foley (2006-10-08 18:54:48)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

I know. Out of Character Stephen Colbert is more liberal than camron. He makes his show so sacrastic that if you don't notcie he is a liberal irl then you're fucking retarted.
And you've met him "out of character"? Liberal= an ambiguous word thrown about far too much on this forum.

Reasoning-
1. It is his wish.
2. He's not an atheist.
3. He bashes pretty much all politicians, so you're forgetting one side.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida

Capt. Foley wrote:

LOL

There was no organized religion in the Soviet Union.  I hope you know that.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida

DesertFox423 wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

And you've met him "out of character"? Liberal= an ambiguous word thrown about far too much on this forum.

Reasoning-
1. It is his wish.
2. He's not an atheist.
3. He bashes pretty much all politicians, so you're forgetting one side.
He and his good friend Jon Stewart mock everybody.  But 90 percent of their material they get is from Republicans and right wing nutcases F'ing up.  Didn't you see Colbert at the White House Press conference?  Or Stewart hosting the Academy Awards? It doesn't take a genius to know that both of them are left-wing oriented.
The#1Spot
+105|6531|byah
1. Able to choose which channel you want when buying cable or digital cable
2. make criminals that have a certain amount of counts not able to reproduce
3. lower medicine costs that retard diseases
4. gas prices will be a fixed rate of $1.50 since they screwed us over for so many years
5. increase womens car insurance to equal mens or lower mens to equal womans
6. do any kind of research even if the church disapproves of it
7. welfare should only be to people that are only critically disabled
8. rollcages in every car standard (will save a lot of lives)
9. make p.e. a required course for 4 years in high school and must pass with C or fail high school
10. Not allow corperations to make foreign countries to make our stuff (help with economy)
11. All the countries that majority votes that they dont need our help we will not support them at all
12. no smoking in any buildings at all even in own home
13. if you drink you must have a breathelizer in car no matter if you are a small time drinker
14. people can only buy cars that they can afford cash upfront
15. dropping out is not an option at high school
16. junk food will cost way more and health food will cost way less
17. make way harder requirement for someone to be president like military 10years, atleast 6year degree that kind of stuff
18. No more white people as president let other races have a go at it they may not fuck things up
19. have the white people that are heavily and obviously racist to black people put them as slaves that work for black people for 400years have there families beaten and limit them on what they can and cannot do.
20. have every jew apologise for their ancestors for the death of jesus
21. sell alaska to the highest bidder to further help economy (but we still own the oil on it)
22. any rasits person that has been asked to stop numerous times to not use offensive words allotted to beaten and not allowed to press charges unless a firearm or weapon is used for a offensive matter

cant think of anymore at the moment

Last edited by The#1Spot (2006-10-08 19:46:15)

jonsimon
+224|6486

Twist wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Twist wrote:

... Enlightened rule would be ideal, but where would you go about finding someone who knows everything ? ...

[The deeper meaning of this sentence being that truly enlightend rule cannot be obtained as society is too large to support true democracy and and total knowledge of each individuals needs and problems. And that the "chain" needed if everyone was to point on a "leader" in a smaller community that would then point on a leader in a community of THOSE leaders, who would then point to a leader in THAT community etc. etc. would be too long, and would eventually undemine the concept of "true democracy" itself.]

Then again, I suspect that YOU may not have read all of my post, or maybe YOU are the one who are generalizing same as I were in my original post. The point of genralizing, simplifying, or similar actions is to make a concept, theory or similar more easily understood. Were I to open the floodgates and give you my entire view on political history and current problems in Russia and with communism in general, along with it's impact on word economy, politics and current events, I would have to write an entire book. A book that I fear most of the forum goers would not read. So in order to get my point across, I simplified. Same as you just generalized.
It happens, deal with it, and dont be a smartass about it. You may not care who you insult, but I dislike being insulted in this manner !
The insult was uncalled for, but how about intelligent discussion relating to what I posited?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard