Aldaris37
+1|6727
Do I get automatically a defeat when I voluntary disconnect from a game?

There is a lot of servers I have to pass on because of bad players and cheaters. Somtimes I can passed on a bunch unitl I find a good one with good players.

Thanks...
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.
Yep,good job you don't care about WLR,right?
Neoburn_1035
Medic!!!!!!!
+27|6825|OP, KS

jord wrote:

Yep,good job you don't care about WLR,right?
Only if you are on the losing team I thought.
RyansRangers
+2|6526
Why don't u lead the way, and good players will eventually show up if u start kickin a$$!
Aldaris37
+1|6727
I won't be honnest with you if I tell that I don't care about my stats. But this is just a part of my concern.

I don't mind to stay on a server and fight till the end no mather if I lose or win. Sometimes a loss with a good bunch of ass-kicked is better than a win in a game that I'm more often lying on my back then on my feet.

I tried today at least 10-15 connection attempts on some servers and I majorly got sucked by cheaters or inferiority in power balance. It really wasn't my day today.

Examples:

-Went on a Dragon Valley map, started the game with nearly equals points, were about to lead the game and going pretty well to capture the majority of flags, in the 3/4 of the game, I was switched in the other clan and got stuck on the carrier, lost all flags and some team members were anti-tank and killing everything that was trying to take off from the carrier.

-Oftenly switched to loser clan when games ends.

-Some clan members do nothings and you fight lonely when the entire opponent clan is at you kickin your ass.

I'm not an expert in BF2 servers management but a bunch of them really sucks and I don't trust them cause they sems to be managed by some kind of idiots.

So in those situations, I rather prefer to disonnnect instead of staying in and get frustrated. Even if you kick a lot of ass, fighting alone is a non sense.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6623|Warlord

Aldaris37 wrote:

Do I get automatically a defeat when I voluntary disconnect from a game?
Have you spawned?

If so, which team were you on?
voltage
+46|6836|Sweden
You get a death as well I think (probably if you're alive when disconnecting). At least if you rejoin the server.

If you're having a tough game take a look at the scoreboard. If the highrankers are on one side then leave, it will continue round after round.

Team randomizer FTW.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6728|Germany, near Koblenz
I don't know what the requirements are, that a round counts at all (try to join, really join, spawn, etc.), but I know that it will count as a victory / loss depending on the final result of the team you were in. The actual stand when you leave doesn't count at all.

I allways have a close look at my daily results (registration required) at http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.p … d=46176231 so I know that for sure.

Last edited by DerGraueWolf (2006-10-09 08:34:32)

Aldaris37
+1|6727

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Have you spawned?

If so, which team were you on?
Yes I did. But I wasn't part of any team. Working lonely because my casual team mates weren't there or just forgot to join one.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6728|Germany, near Koblenz
Of course you joined a team (an army), you mean you didn't join a squad.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6519|Little blue planet, milky way
The "official" how-to-avoid-a-loss-when-disconnecting story, is that you have to do so AFTER the round has ended, but BEFORE spawning in the new round.

Anytime you spawn and DC, you loose if you disconnected on the loosing team. I haven't actually tried disconnecting in-game on the WINNING side and counted my wins/losses afterwards, but I would assume that you still counted that as a loss, but I dont know that part for sure, it's just speculation.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6623|Warlord

DerGraueWolf wrote:

...but I know that it will count as a victory / loss depending on the final result of the team you were in.
Exactly right.

This is one of the things I confirmed when checking stuff for the thread I link to in my signature.

Aldaris37 wrote:

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Have you spawned?
Yes I did.
Okay, if you spawned and you were on the team that eventually lost you got a loss recorded.

If you were on the team that eventually won a win is recorded.

As mentioned by voltage above, unless you're already dead a death is recorded for the disconnect also (a suicide I'm pretty sure); you can see this if you get kicked for high ping or swearing and then reconnect to the same team, you'll have one more death than when you were there previously.

Twist wrote:

The "official" how-to-avoid-a-loss-when-disconnecting story, is that you have to do so AFTER the round has ended, but BEFORE spawning in the new round.
I don't know what the 'official' position is but if you were on the team that's eventually going to win you get a win, end of story. In short: quitting doesn't automatically equal a loss; that's another thing I confirmed in the thread started by Nyte.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard