he_who_says_zonk
+17|6719
So, how many unlocks does it take to get the same kit functionality as bf2 before any promotions? It would take at least two unlocks (carbine + c4) to make a spec ops kit, for example

The four kit system may be better for progression down the track but right now all it means is I can't play spec ops or medic. Way to make it sound like there are way more unlocks than there are, DICE. It also looks like there won't be a huge range of weapon unlocks.. eg, if the spec ops unlock is being able to use a carbine, then is there no unlock for an improved carbine?
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6589|Your attic
Well actually due to the new tree system it'd take 4 unlocks to gain the functionality of the spec ops kit, thankfully the first 10 or so ranks are easy to get, and you get an unlock for each of them.

I'll write a quick guide out for the kits that I know, or knew during the beta, mainly because I'm bored.

Assault
Medic- your obviously going to be needing the Defribs and the advanced med hub, that'll get you the same functionality as a medic as BF2, although I would defiantly get the Voss, as it is the best gun in the game.
Unlocks Needed - 2
Unlocks Suggested - 5
Assault  - Although you're pretty much functional when you begin, the player abilities (nades, sprint etc) are more important than the shotgun and rocket attachments, although if the Baur hasn't changed much since the beta it's nice to have that. This is the kit set with the most scope, if you will.
Unlocks Needed - 0
Unlocks Suggested - 7

Recon

Spec Ops - To even think of playing spec ops properly your going to need all 4 of the right hand tree unlocks, RDX is obviously a must have, the active cammo is again a winner, and the carbine is the second best gun in the game, once you've got all of them you've got a kit to be reckoned with, unlocking nades is also advisable.
Unlocks Needed - 4
Unlocks Suggested - 5
Sniper - Get all of the left hand tree, this includes the zoom scope (useful as the current rifles have quite a low level of zoom) and the stabilizer so all the whiners don't have to put up with any challenge. Now that all the jerky movement (different to sway) is gone from the rifles the sniper kit is not entirely defunct, that's the definite required set for a sniper. However if you really want to play smoke and mirrors long range sniper your going to want the active cammo. Unfortunately that's going to require another 3 unlocks, out of all the kit sets, playing sniper probably requires the most unlocks to become viable.

Unlocks required - 4
Unlocks Suggested - 7/8

Support - Essentially your all good, the unlocks just make life a little easier, for the most part you can play without them. From the few times I used the HMG is a very nice gun to have, where as the shotgun is a little poor unless your inside a titan. If your a defensive player then I'd suggest the IPS shield, the advanced ammo hub, then for everything else all of the left hand side tree. That coupled with near unlimited nades should give you a kit that is fairly versatile and when supported with medics very powerful.
Unlocks Needed - 0
Unlocks Suggested - 5 (depending on your play style)

I know little about the engineer class, so I'll leave that one out, although I do know that the V 2.0 repair wrench type thing is a must if your working with another in 2 tanks/mechs.

All the unlocks and the groups they fall into can be found here:
http://www.totalbf2142.com/page.php?do=unlocks

Last edited by Towelly (2006-10-08 09:32:51)

[-DER-]Omega
+188|6826|Lithuania

Towelly wrote:

and the carbine is the second best gun in the game
Then what's #1?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6662|under there hayousaidunderwear

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Towelly wrote:

Then what's #1?
The voss silly!
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6589|Your attic

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Towelly wrote:

Then what's #1?

Towelly wrote:

although I would defiantly get the Voss, as it is the best gun in the game.
Opinion rather than fact, but if the stats haven't changed since the beta then it's still near perfect.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6826|Lithuania
Krylov > voss
majorassult
I <3 ak101

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Krylov > voss
No.  They nefed the krylov and even before that the voss was still better
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6826|Lithuania

majorassult wrote:

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Krylov > voss
No.  They nefed the krylov and even before that the voss was still better
They'll nerf the voss too. You know it's going to happen.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
Yeah probably but I hope they don't
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467

majorassult wrote:

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Towelly wrote:

Then what's #1?
The voss silly!
No idiot it's the Ganz. The Ganz pwns all.
burton
+9|6418|Da Bay, California
the combat knife is the best.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard