I expected crap...and they hit a bullseye.23%23% - 94
Somewhat. It's no BF1942, but they'll fix it eventually18%18% - 76
No. It's good enough.23%23% - 96
It's the best BF ever. I've already preordered it.14%14% - 57
Total: 407
Bizkid79
+1|6632|Netherlands
I was also disappointed with the demo.
The things that 88mm said for example. And might i add that those "choppers" don't even have a great altitude to even fly over a tank without getting hit? Or (in my case) that mechrobot thing of the enemy (that green one) was very twitchy... i entered it, walk for 2 steps or so and the whole thing came alive and had a mind of it's own... it keeped walking and walking, even when i stopped controlling that thing.
Hover tanks or normal tanks with a zoom funtion? Little over the top for me.
Running was a disaster, cuz your sprint is gone in a few seconds.

Concluding: i'm really disappointed with the demo and i don't think i'm gonna buy the complete game (cuz a demo is like a sort of preview for the complete game in my opinion)
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6411|NSW, Australia

stop bitching about 2142, it's a demo not the real thing and you don't have unlocks yet so just stop your damn bitching
Bizkid79
+1|6632|Netherlands
i was giving my own opinion of the game ok?! why do all the Bf2142 lovers bash all personal opinions of other people who will NOT play 2142 becuz they found out is not their thing? can someone please fill me in on this one cuz this is really annoying me the last couple of days...
I'm for one am not bashing 2142, it's just that some things i saw in the demo wheren't in my taste, can everybody just stop posting stuff like "quit bitching you noob blablablablabla"?
Just accept that some people are just disappionted, is that a crime? If it is, i am guilty...
beerface702
+65|6699|las vegas

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

Zefar wrote:

Tank and Walkers don't suck at all, I can rack up loads of kills while being in them. Maybe you are just plain bad with them.
Thats cool someone else insulted me without having any clue about my playing ability. At least you werent disrepectful like the last little cunt. When I said they sucked it was not in refrence to them bein ineffectual but that I disaproved of thier functionality. Namely the walkers minigun has a very limited ability to look up and down and the missiles seem to have a mind of their own. The tanks seems to have some hit registering problems because several times from long distances i nailed a walker like 5-6 times and barely scratched it.

As far as innacurrate weapons please note I said medium to long distances. In close ranges they are great in fact too much so really imo the fire rate is too fast but I suppose its ok since were playing star wars.

Original to see in full screen since youtube is shit quality
and Heres a direct download.
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1043 … ed1wu5.jpg
WTF is that a 10 foot deviation ? I enjoy long distance firefights where the person with better aim and more fire control wins. Not in close quarter where spraying and an errant recoil shot can win.

Also the aircraft now takes no skill whatsoever and they apparently decided to only make 2 aircraft where bf2 has tons. Im not really into limiting and downscaling content I want more not less. The only thing i really approved of is the air defense other than the emp lockon its nice to see airdefense that requires some skill instead of the garabge free kills bf2 gives you.
sounds like a crosman pump action pellet gun
[BF2s]Connor
The Young One
+20|6476|Wigan---Manchester---UK---
I think it owns
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6661|Brisbane, Australia

Im rather dissapointed with DICE on this one - The game is fun, for about the first few days, then the novality wears off and it really does start to feel like a BF2 mod

I'd say this is better than POE2 though, good to see DICE made one breakthrough, and that was walking, they really nailed the walking mechanism in the Mechs

Expect to see a mod with horses because of 2142

This demo feels really really bland, BF2 Demo was spot on

Maybe I just feel that way because there is no new "Cutting edge" stuff in this game - Not having a mini rank system or unlocks pissed me off two

BF2 was different with unlocks, but this? Cmon, Should've atleast given us one item per class, like Spec Ops gets C4, Assault get their defibs, Support get their mines ect ect

GG DICE - It was fun playing with you while it lasted, But Im sad to say that I wont be enjoying 2142 with the rest of you - Im moving over to "Frontlines : Fuel of War" its being made by some of the guys that made DC - Top stuff.

See you In BF:BC
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6446|Canada
what are you on about, i found it great
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6555|UK

It's good.........Good not great, I my self am reserving judgement untill the full game comes out and I have had time to play all the maps and both modes before I start screaming at EA and DICE.

The fire fight's in the Titan are awsome, though as soon as nade's are available that will be the end of that (bloody typical) I also like the idea of getting an 'attackin' and 'defensive' bonous, nice touch lads.  The Titan round's can range (like conquest) from 5 mins to half an hour.  Just came off a full 64 man server which was well into it's twentih minute.  Fact that you cant revive anyone in the demo is REALLY anoying, yet it is indeed a 'DEMO' therefor before anyone goes flaming it.  Wait till you see how much you suck in the real game, then perhaps you may bitch about it, or go back to bf2.

My main + point so far to it is the infantry, it's harder, more realistic, and everyone ISNT a fuckin acrobat, prone spaming up and down and the like.  The fact that you can modify your charector will be good to (i'm assuming), and the two maps I have played are very good.

Was also pleased with the vehicles, the new tv is a bit tricky to get used to, unlike in bf2 any movement u make in flight affect's it's direction (instead of clicking to aling yourself).

All in all, the 'DEMO' is quite impressive, I think the engineer's class will be probably thee most popular this time round (since it's actually engi and anti tank in the one).  Assault now has the ability to revive, and snipers.........Ummmmmm, snipe?

It's good, though aint worth a downlaod to be honest, get the full game and see that one for your self's.

SEE U ON THE BATTLEFIELD!
schakl
+21|6695

Executiator wrote:

I'm sick and tired of people who whine and complain about how shitty BF2142 is... STOP COMPARING THE FUCKING GAME TO BF2 FOR FUCKIN CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!( if you're alergic to argument, other ideas, and non-onesided views, then stop reading here)

Try and compare BF2142 to itself and make an accurate fucking judgment of the game.. Peace out
My biggest problem with B2142 is, that it IS like BF2 just with an ugly coat. From BF1942 to BF2 there were major changes but here there is nothing changed but the outfit (will bring a log of profit to EA, good job)
Deadman
+34|6448|England
It surprises me that people keep saying "It's only the demo", so you cant judge the game from this.
This is the finished article, like it or hate it, this is it.

Was the BF2 demo any different from the final BF2 release? I cant remember any.
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6590|Vic, Australia
I believe people find it so shit, is because they like the way BF2 is and dont like the way the engine has used on a different game. I also believe that some people dont like the idea and fail to see good things about the game. But that is my honest opinion, I personaly like what they have done and will probly buy it when it is released

Last edited by Plisken (2006-10-16 00:09:49)

BF2142SUCKS
Banned
+4|6407

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Executiator wrote:

I'm sick and tired of people who whine and complain about how shitty BF2142 is... STOP COMPARING THE FUCKING GAME TO BF2 FOR FUCKIN CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!( if you're alergic to argument, other ideas, and non-onesided views, then stop reading here)

EA wanted to create a different game and everytime someone compares it to BF2, of course its going to be more shitty than BF2 because they haven't implemented too many new ideas, they built off of good standing ideas that had made them profit(which is why BF2142 was made in the first place, to make profit)... Freestanding(meaning not compared to BF2) BF2142 has a completely different feel .. How does this make it shittier???

It's a different game set in the future FFS and you expect it to be any better than BF2??? ALL in all its a good game and has some story to it, pretty sweet as vehs and weapons... I also remember a post earlier that someone said the game is bland with no color... well if you're in the future, with nothing but ice, war and dust surrounding you, do you think you're gonna see butterflies and daisy's????

"BF2142 doesn't have this, like BF2... BF2 has this and makes it WAYYY better!!!" WELL THEN KEEP FUCKIN PLAYING BF2142 AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!

Try and compare BF2142 to itself and make an accurate fucking judgment of the game.. Peace out
Take a chill pill already you idiot!!!!  BF2142 SUCKED PERIOD!!....................Now how about you STFU!
ashleyhall
+15|6688|Somerset
Take a chill pill already you idiot!!!!  BF2142 SUCKED PERIOD!!....................Now how about you STFU!
He's talking sense, its a different game - I HATED 2142 when it first came out and I believe I hated it because I was comparing it to BF2, but having stepped back and started afresh (FULL copy arrived this morning), I now LOVE 2142, particularly the strategy element when playing Titan Mode!!!
[FEAB]TheWeasel
+3|6423|UK

Executiator wrote:

I'm comparing it to BF2 for one reason - BF2 works and is fun... 2142 does not work and is not fun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard