It's the best BF ever. I've already preordered it.14%14% - 57
Total: 407
Disodium
+13|6519|Sydney
it.. was.. really.. good
Bevo
Nah
+718|6527|Austin, Texas
IMHO, It's going to be a great game. 2142 promotes teamwork 10x more than BF2. (+1 for kills, bonuses for defending + attacking titans, commander bonuses for squads doing their jobs, etc) The weapons don't seem weak at all. The support guns rip through infantry like no other. The assault rifles are good as well, although I don't like them too much. I've taken down many foolish assault players up close with the engy SMG.

The unlocks, career points, and new awards make it fun playing alone. The new learning curve for vehicles, the dogtags, the diversity. The customization of your entire kit is just beyond awesome.

The graphics are very good as well, and I'm expecting the lag to cut down once the final product is released. I personally don't see why 2142 is getting ripped a new one. It's a really good game.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6711|Antarctica
I expected it to be pretty crap, but its not too bad.  If they removed the unlocks and added a few more vehicles and kits then it wouldn't be too bad.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6466

Zukabazuka wrote:

If you test 1.4 you will see they have fixed CTD bug, at least it doesn't happen that often, rarely happen for me anymore. Yeah for some reason this game loads faster than BF2.
ohh yeah! after the first intiail loading time, i can join a server and play withing 10 seconds.
The air vehicles suck the tanks and walkers suck there is no learning curve everything is easier to do than bf2 except maybe the hover tank. The guns are totally inaccurate at med distance and beyond and noone seems to have a clue how to play titan mode.
Cowbell_Kevin
+8|6550
You have to ask yourself this question...

If I already owned BF2 and BF2142, which one would I play more?

I can't say that I would play 2142 hardly at all based on the play of the demo.  It is just not as fun as BF2.  I don't think I will be buying it.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6466

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

The air vehicles suck the tanks and walkers suck there is no learning curve everything is easier to do than bf2 except maybe the hover tank. The guns are totally inaccurate at med distance and beyond and noone seems to have a clue how to play titan mode.
Use the PAC assualt rifle on single shot and go prone, noob do you really excpet full auto to hit anything farther then short range?

Simply put, learn how to use the gun before you make accusations on its accuracy... btw titan mode isnt played spawn raping a control point!
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6757|Chicago.
I was really going to buy it, I swear I was...

Played the demo for 30 minutes today....

I'm saving my money.

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

Simply put, learn how to use the gun before you make accusations on its accuracy
Please stfu retard .. I know how to aim I was speaking of being prone on single shot actually. I tested it and being prone on single shot there was still a large deviation from the corrshair. Unless you can beat a 2.1:1 assault rifle not playing karkand you should shut the fuck up you stupid shit.

http://bf2s.com/player/74032226/
Oh look at you only playing karkand with a .7:1 ratio ? You fucking suck so shut the fuck up trying to tell anyone how to play.

Last edited by ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ (2006-10-08 18:36:10)

Mudguts
+1|6498

Disodium wrote:

it.. was.. really.. good
Hahaha.... you idiot wog boy
comwiz02
+0|6417
I thought the demo was kind of okay. Although they should have given some unlock points to unlock some stuff. The player movement was kind of sluggish even with heavy armor off and the guns seem to go through ammo pretty quickly(Maybe its just me since I was reloading often).

I think the experience might get better once the retail comes out and you are able to use unlocks.
Executiator
+69|6427

Knight`UK wrote:

Executiator wrote:

I'm sick and tired of people who whine and complain about how shitty BF2142 is... STOP COMPARING THE FUCKING GAME TO BF2 FOR FUCKIN CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!( if you're alergic to argument, other ideas, and non-onesided views, then stop reading here)

EA wanted to create a different game and everytime someone compares it to BF2, of course its going to be more shitty than BF2 because they haven't implemented too many new ideas, they built off of good standing ideas that had made them profit(which is why BF2142 was made in the first place, to make profit)... Freestanding(meaning not compared to BF2) BF2142 has a completely different feel .. How does this make it shittier???

It's a different game set in the future FFS and you expect it to be any better than BF2??? ALL in all its a good game and has some story to it, pretty sweet as vehs and weapons... I also remember a post earlier that someone said the game is bland with no color... well if you're in the future, with nothing but ice, war and dust surrounding you, do you think you're gonna see butterflies and daisy's????

"BF2142 doesn't have this, like BF2... BF2 has this and makes it WAYYY better!!!" WELL THEN KEEP FUCKIN PLAYING BF2142 AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!

Try and compare BF2142 to itself and make an accurate fucking judgment of the game.. Peace out
I really think you lost any value with that post because of all the swearing .You expect people to take your views serious when you cant put them across in a decent manner .

Try re-writeing the post and i might read it but your opening comment put me off and i expect others .Sad really that :-

1)You think people will respect you because you type in caps and swear

2)Your view is the right view and forget everyone else's

3)I just find you fouled mouth and your post pointless.
Thats why I put a disclaimer in the first paragraph, so your whole post was a waste of time and reading for just about everyone who read it you hypocrite. You are distinctly one of the people I mentioned in the disclaimer and therefore didn't have to read it... so why post? thanks, you just enforced my fact a whole lot more and made it richer...

We're not even on topic anymore!!! This is about BF2142...
alpinestar
+304|6602|New York City baby.
sux
Executiator
+69|6427

mad_jester813 wrote:

Wow...

I expected a pretty good debate since this seemed like a topic that would draw people out, but this is definitely more than I was expecting.

For starters, I think that comparing the two games is definitely possible. They're obviously made with the same engine by the same developer and published by the same company. Yes, there are differences. I'm not going to say that the storyline is "worse" because you can't really compare that (and besides, I think that the storyline is very cool).

And just because it's a demo doesn't make everyone a noob. I got killed by one of those robot thingies yesterday. That's an unlock isn't it? So there are people that are already getting promoted. And you would think that people would at least watch the intro to understand how Titan mode works. Instead, when the shield is down, most of my team just keeps joy riding around on the ground, leaving the rest of my team typing "GET ON THE [bleeping] TITAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" which is just as annoying.

And there are things I like about it compared to BF2. I like that you can spawn in the transport chopper (who else remembers that from 1942?). I really liked the Titan mode.

I know that this is just a demo and it's in the early stages, but a demo did the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do...I really wanted the game until I played it. Now I'm definitely not buying it anytime soon. I'll keep giving the demo a try, but until I have better experiences with it, I won't be shelling out $50 for a game that seems an awful lot like a mod for BF2 instead of an entirely different game (has anyone else thought that?).
Where in the hell are you getting your information from? Did you even play the Demo?????

Everyone is the same rank, has the same stuff all around( I'm not sure about map kits, I haven't found any yet).... What robot things? You mean the Mechs???? Those spawn once you take a flag or missle silo.....

Man I'm not even going to get into the rest of it....
Executiator
+69|6427

Knight`UK wrote:

All these people that have to swear and call other people noobs to get a point of view across are very sad.Dont you guys know as soon as you pass one cuss or insult to try and say what you feel about something you lose your arguement right away and nobody will take you serious .

Try makeing a poss without saying "shit,fuck,noob,crap,wank,etc,etc"

Then people might take you serious and listen to your views but until then you lose .
From what I've seen more people have responded to my posts compared to your prude and adulterated posts. I did not insult anybody of being a retard, wank, noob or any such other sort. I was telling people to try and make an accurate assumption of the game, based to itself, not BF2...

And to all the people who keep saying it's got the same engine, so its the same game couldn't be more wrong...

That's like saying UT2K3 is the same as rainbow 6 3:raven shield.... They both use the same engine, but have completely different game play... (if you can';t figure this one out, then don't bother arguing)

or how about the source engine? we all know that HL2 and all its components ar eon the source engine and it looks awesome, but so is dark messiah of might and magic.... IN NO FUCKIN WAY ARE THESE GAMES THE SAME.... SO stop saying, ""oh, its got the same engine, so it HAS to be the same.. THat argument is bullshit and has no credibility... If there is, show me..

Once again, try to compare 2142 to nothing... and see how well it is, Stop thinking about BF2 for one second...
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6636|Washington, DC

DICE and EA can rot in the depths of hell. After the bullshit they did to BF2, they don't deserve a single fucking cent. I really don't get some of you people.

"oh bf2 sucked after 1.3 so i want 2142"

I mean, wtf? Let's go to WWII. Hitler killed your family. But he promises to be a better, nicer leader... you just have to pay him $50 bucks.

An extreme comparison, but it's relevant. DICE and EA fucked up BF2, shit you admit that. Yet you want to give them more money? essentially rewarding them for their idiocy?

EDIT: Executiator, try and think for a second about how this IS related to BF2. The shitload of advertising EA's been shoving down our throats for the past 2 months. It's supposed to be "BF2, but better". BF2 was a beta test for BF2. We were all fucking labrats for EA and DICE. Did I have fun? Sure. Did I get pissed off a lot because of DICE's inability to keep the gameplay somewhat consistent throughout patches? Hell yes. If I had a few bombs would I destroy EA and DICE's offices? Sign me up!

Last edited by ExecutionerStyle (2006-10-08 22:24:13)

mad_jester813
+12|6431|Virginia, USA

Executiator wrote:

Where in the hell are you getting your information from? Did you even play the Demo?????

Everyone is the same rank, has the same stuff all around( I'm not sure about map kits, I haven't found any yet).... What robot things? You mean the Mechs???? Those spawn once you take a flag or missle silo.....

Man I'm not even going to get into the rest of it....
Yes, I have played the demo. Maybe I'm just plain wrong about the "robot thing". And pardon my bad explanation of that. I was referring to those turrets that the squad leaders can deploy. I remembered reading about those a while back and I thought that one killed me, but I may just be mistaken.

Anyway...let me throw this caveat out there again...

I am not mindlessly bashing BF2142. There are things I like about it. I like the Titan mode. I think that has a lot of potential. I like the futuristic, sci-fi setting.

There are things I don't like about it. I had some performance issues. I had some frustrations. Is that so bad? Am I speaking heresy to dare say that the next BF might not be perfect?

And yes, I understand that it's a demo. I know that it's not the full product. I know that this is not what is shipping when the game is done. But, as someone above me astutely pointed out, the point of a demo is to show people how great your game is. It's supposed to give them a reason to buy it. I remember the BF2 demo. I played that for probably 3 or 4 months before I got the retail version because it was so darn fun and it took that long for me to get bored with just one map.

I want all of you people who are bashing me out there to know that I will continue to play the BF2142 demo. And if I see things that I like, I'll tell everyone. And if I see things that I don't like, I will inform you of those too.

On a side note, did anyone else feel like 2142 might just have been a heavy BF2 mod? Was there anything in it that really jumped out at you as being totally impossible in the BF2 universe?
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6548|Sammamish, WA
After playing for the first time today BF2142 really strikes me as nothing more than a mod to BF2. The engine is the same...the graphics are similar (with different models and textures), the HUD and all other screens have just been re-colored and slightly re-skinned. The sounds have been replaced, the kits fiddled with (poorly, I think)...as far as I can see, with the exception of a few server browser enhancements and Titan Mode, there is nothing at all new here.

In my opinion this only highlights how EA is oh so greedy. Take a fantastically popular game (BF2) and essentially release a mod for it only one year later that is billed as a sequel, effectively killing the community and player base for the previous game. Oh...and considering the bugs I've seen in the 2142 demo I fear for what release day will be like, now that the game has gone gold. I hope there's a patch waiting for me when my CDs come in the mail.

So in short I am fearing the worst...I for one will reserve final judgement until it's actually released but all signs point to 2142 being a comparatively pathetic release. I can see myself going back to playing BF2 rather soon.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2006-10-08 23:45:59)

Dex Luther
+32|6444|Canukastan
BF2142 was a let down for me. The game feels sluggish. The weapons ineffective. Shot a tank in my own spawn as engineer with the quad rocket thingy just to see the damage it deals and the rockets passed right through the tank a couple times and the times it did hit made minimal damage.

Running though the halls of the titan seems to cause my character to jerk all over the place.

The guns seem to be a lot less accurate.

The teams always seemed stacked. It might just be me, but it seems that once a team takes the lead in titan mode it's almost impossible to recover.

Oh and does the veterans program work for the demo? I tried signing in using the name I had reserved (which is the same as my current user name and password) and it said that no user by that name existed.

PS: For those of you complaining about EA fucking up BF2, I assume you're just talking about how angry you are they they took out your exploits. Sure there are some things they messed up (J-10 the almighty, etc), but they're far from the game crippling fuck ups everyone makes them out to be.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-10-09 00:52:57)

Executiator
+69|6427

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

DICE and EA can rot in the depths of hell. After the bullshit they did to BF2, they don't deserve a single fucking cent. I really don't get some of you people.

"oh bf2 sucked after 1.3 so i want 2142"

I mean, wtf? Let's go to WWII. Hitler killed your family. But he promises to be a better, nicer leader... you just have to pay him $50 bucks.

An extreme comparison, but it's relevant. DICE and EA fucked up BF2, shit you admit that. Yet you want to give them more money? essentially rewarding them for their idiocy?

EDIT: Executiator, try and think for a second about how this IS related to BF2. The shitload of advertising EA's been shoving down our throats for the past 2 months. It's supposed to be "BF2, but better". BF2 was a beta test for BF2. We were all fucking labrats for EA and DICE. Did I have fun? Sure. Did I get pissed off a lot because of DICE's inability to keep the gameplay somewhat consistent throughout patches? Hell yes. If I had a few bombs would I destroy EA and DICE's offices? Sign me up!
I agree with every point that you made, and I have thought about what you have suggested. But what is the point of video games in general? TO escape reality and for the developers to make a little( A SHIT LOAD) coin. So the advertisement, although we don't like it, is going to work for the most part, and smart individuals like you, will try to steer the mindless herds away from blowing their money. But the fact is EA will always win, no matter what happens. EA has a plan and they'll lay it down regardless of what a small minority of people who disagree do. Because the majority of people frankly wont give a shit.

BTW nice comparisons. Always a blast.

P.S. Anybody play Planetside? This is exactly the same shit... Except Planetside Patched in their advertisements....
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6586|England

Executiator wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

Executiator wrote:

I'm sick and tired of people who whine and complain about how shitty BF2142 is... STOP COMPARING THE FUCKING GAME TO BF2 FOR FUCKIN CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!( if you're alergic to argument, other ideas, and non-onesided views, then stop reading here)

EA wanted to create a different game and everytime someone compares it to BF2, of course its going to be more shitty than BF2 because they haven't implemented too many new ideas, they built off of good standing ideas that had made them profit(which is why BF2142 was made in the first place, to make profit)... Freestanding(meaning not compared to BF2) BF2142 has a completely different feel .. How does this make it shittier???

It's a different game set in the future FFS and you expect it to be any better than BF2??? ALL in all its a good game and has some story to it, pretty sweet as vehs and weapons... I also remember a post earlier that someone said the game is bland with no color... well if you're in the future, with nothing but ice, war and dust surrounding you, do you think you're gonna see butterflies and daisy's????

"BF2142 doesn't have this, like BF2... BF2 has this and makes it WAYYY better!!!" WELL THEN KEEP FUCKIN PLAYING BF2142 AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!

Try and compare BF2142 to itself and make an accurate fucking judgment of the game.. Peace out
Its simple you dont need to be foul mouthed to put your point across ,i happen to love both bf2 and bf2142 and i respect your views but you could and should do it without so much swearing dont forget kids visit this site also .

When your a parent like some of us here you will understand you dont want you lil kid reading over your shoulder the blantant foul mouthed post you did there .
I really think you lost any value with that post because of all the swearing .You expect people to take your views serious when you cant put them across in a decent manner .

Try re-writeing the post and i might read it but your opening comment put me off and i expect others .Sad really that :-

1)You think people will respect you because you type in caps and swear

2)Your view is the right view and forget everyone else's

3)I just find you fouled mouth and your post pointless.
Thats why I put a disclaimer in the first paragraph, so your whole post was a waste of time and reading for just about everyone who read it you hypocrite. You are distinctly one of the people I mentioned in the disclaimer and therefore didn't have to read it... so why post? thanks, you just enforced my fact a whole lot more and made it richer...

We're not even on topic anymore!!! This is about BF2142...
Its simple you dont need to be foul mouthed to put your point across ,i happen to love both bf2 and bf2142 and i respect your views but you could and should do it without so much swearing dont forget kids visit this site also .

When your a parent like some of us here you will understand you dont want you lil kid reading over your shoulder the blantant foul mouthed post you did there .
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6567|Cheshire, UK
2142 what a waste of bandwidth, I'll never get that 1.1gb back...

Played a couple of rounds, my opinion - total bag of Shite!!!
lendll
+16|6439
Bf2142 sux imo, but I will still get the retail version sometime to give it a full try. Imo saying "comparing bf2142 to bf2 gives inaccurate opinions" of the former game, is, to an extent, wrong. YES, it's a different game, but so what? If Dice or any other company brought a game out that raised the gaming fun factor to say, 20, why should they create a following game without considering everybody now expects a fun factor of AT LEAST 20 or above? "Oh, it's a different game, no need to compare to others." See what I mean? It's ALL relative, can't escape that. Like I said in other posts, bf2142 by itself is an alright game, but with other very fun games out there--particularly bf2--it's hard to truly say it's a 10, if in comparison to a game we mostly play(bf2), is a 10, and bf2142 doesn't live up to bf2.

Fact is, when I first played bf2's demo, I **immediately** went and bought the retail, with **No** doubt that I would enjoy the retail game. THAT, imo, is a job well done by the demo: to get my video gaming posterior to buy the full product asap.*

My major concern with bf2142 is, Dice created a bad game with it, but lots and lots of people seem not to think like me. So what I end up with is a potentially undermined bf2 community, with the option of going to a game I don't like to find the the pre-bf2142-demo crowds I so desire. 1 year and an imo very obviously rushed game, just to kill MY community? Thank you dice, very considerate. At least make it WORTH killing the community, won't ya? Yup, thank you...

*Oh, and for the people that say "-complaining +adopting," yawn. I had NEVER played a battlefield game previous to playing bf2's demo. Did I have to do any adopting to buy the game? Read above=] BF2 has all the winning traits of a game in its class; bf2142 simply doesn't. And no no, I'm not referring to ctds as a "winning trait."

Last edited by lendll (2006-10-09 03:01:09)

Alleycat1969
+21|6762
Well Dudes ...I was also dissapointed and tried very hard not to compare it to BF2 as it is diffrent in many ways, BUT I agree that although the Demo map is ..well..boring, the other maps will make the game purchasable, and there will be fun to be had.

I am going to buy it, as I really want something new , and this is something diffrent ! But I will still continue to play BF2 for a long time to come.
Zefar
+116|6655|Sweden

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

One of the tank is exactly like the ones in BF2 only that it got a shield and no machinegun on secondary attack.
This would mean that BF2 don't have a learning curve either. Hell they are the same thing. And the APC is not so diffrent that the Tank to so it to don't need any learning curve. Chopper handling is somewhat close to B2142 so that doesn't need any skills to learn. Gunner seat is still just point and fire with primary but with the TV missle you need to aim steer it to the target which is pretty darn hard in the beginning. Something which is diffrent in BF2.

The guns are not so inaccurate for me. For example The sniper hit dead on all the time if you wait for it to aim in. Support kit gets deadly accurate the more you shoot with it.
The weapon on Enginer kit is like an MP5 pretty much sucks no matter what. I havn't played Assasult kit that much but the weapons are pretty accurate for me.

Tank and Walkers don't suck at all, I can rack up loads of kills while being in them. Maybe you are just plain bad with them.

With a tank I can take out a walker before he even can see me. due to my zoom mode. And the only good weapon from Walker are the missle(Which are quite deadly), The miniguns on it primay attack are almost useless to any tank APC and kinda weak to infantry but they still serve a good purpose as to lag the shit out of some people when they run around.

Air vehicles doesn't suck that much, they can also rape if no one takes them out. And I have seen it happen now and then.

The APC now is somewhat diffrent but you need 2 players to at least have a good chance of living in it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard