computermash
+7|6660
According two the demo you only get one point per kill.... oh hell no..... So if you resupply someone for like 2 mags that their not even gonna use b4 they die, you get the same amount of points for killing someone. Theres something horribly wrong here. Please god, say this is only in the demo........
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6691|Mountains of West Virginia
oh noes my points!

Na but seriously I see where you are coming from

Last edited by Snipedya14 (2006-10-07 18:12:36)

starkingdoms
+6|6767

computermash wrote:

According two the demo you only get one point per kill.... oh hell no..... So if you resupply someone for like 2 mags that their not even gonna use b4 they die, you get the same amount of points for killing someone. Theres something horribly wrong here. Please god, say this is only in the demo........
hahahaha

that sucks!
computermash
+7|6660
furthermore does this mean does this mean u only got 1 point for a revive..... the bridge over the ice cold, fast running river is not a far walk from my house
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6580|Vic, Australia
In Bf42 you only get 1 point from killing someone and I've seen huge scores (100+) on some maps and you dont get supply points etc on that.Anyway it just means you will have to get points from other sources than from just killing people.
Kyouteki
+27|6566
Maybe it's not about points?  I personally just enjoy the killing.
computermash
+7|6660
or maybe you wont need as many points to unlock, rank up ect.....
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464
If you work closely as a squad you get points alot faster. Also killing people while on a Titan rakes in the points!
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6530|Edmonton Alberta
man in one round i got over 90 points.....its all about defending your own titan when the shields go down 1pont for the kill  and one for titan defense bonus= a whole lotta points
burton
+9|6415|Da Bay, California
yeah get a good squad going and once u get in the titan destroy the core and what not and u get extra points for killing people while in the titan. Also those little mounted guns on top of the titan will give u points if u destroy them. they only take 2 hits with the rocket launcher
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6533|Search Whore killing fields
yeah well how about this

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6529 … 007td6.png

Team points dont count :?

Last edited by DirtyMexican (2006-10-07 18:41:44)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6688

DirtyMexican wrote:

yeah well how about this

i think (hope) that's a glitch lol.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6640|Ohio

DirtyMexican wrote:

yeah well how about this

Ha, nice photoshop.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6701|Antarctica
All the points are cut in half... kill = 1 point, revive = 1 point, resupply = 1/2 point, etc.
jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6608|yourmomshouse
it was like that in beta wasn't it ? I forgot,...
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6688
no worries here ppl.
https://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8723/kkfl9.png
Krylov FTW
https://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6857/kys9.png
Volatile
+252|6700|Sextupling in Empire

You get extra little medals constantly in 2142. If you kill like 5 people in a row you get a combat efficiency medal and that is worth 5/10 points. I've seen some screenshots of people getting the higher medals and getting 1000 points for them at the end of the round.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6669|Houston, Texas
it is harder to get points, but the demo doesnt give you the full ability of the game. if you get your gold knife for example, in the beta it was worth 1000 points extra. you have career points and global points. career points are the points themself you got from playing. global is the career points + bonus points for getting badges/medals/pins etc. If you got a kill streak of 5, you would get 5 extra points. Your badges/medals/pins etc are your key to getting ranked up faster. Work on them when the game comes out.

If the #'s are the same from the beta, it was 15 hours + so many kills IAR to get your silver for each class. I think that was 500 points per silver badge.

The new award system and the fact they acctually show you what you need to get the awards in game is probably the best aspect of the entire game for me. I wasn't totaly found of all the unlocks. I mean grenades as an unlock? Come on. Reaching a bit on that one.

I just think it's bs you get -4 points for a TK, yet you have to struggle to get one point for a kill.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6669|Houston, Texas

computermash wrote:

or maybe you wont need as many points to unlock, rank up ect.....
oh, dont worry. there are plenty of points needed to rank up to the higher ones. it starts out small and begins to be thousands between rank ups.

gotta get those badges!
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6823|Lithuania
Just hope the round lasts long is all
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6586|Reisterstown, MD

I know we said that when the beta was going on.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6586|Reisterstown, MD

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Just hope the round lasts long is all
In the beta, rounds lasted anywhere from 15-60 mins.
dracul
+2|6803
Make a squad, point at a flag, and hit 't'.

voila, you and anyone in your squad who kills anyone near that flag gets an extra +1
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6759

Yea, you only get 2 pts if you kill someone as part of a squad order. In other words... work as a team. Or I guess work as a squad. Sure most people won't do this, but it is possible to get 2 pts per thing.

Also you have the medals that someone else mentioned so 100+ rounds are not uncommon as long as you play as a team, as a squad, and perform well.
zeidmaan
+234|6411|Vienna

Also spawn raping will be less efficient. And capping the flag/Silo will be more appealing to people cos Silios site switch hands ALOT which means alot op capture points.
In BF2 one good boobmer run on a flag site could often get you 10 points which is more than all the capping you do in one whole rond.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard