greenhaven
+47|6475
So far, just jumping into a server, grabbing a jet, and starting out doesn't seem to work to well. I have practiced in SP, but after a certain amount of time, it doesn't help anymore. Are there any server that are a bit kinder to beginning aviators than your average pub?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6637|UK

greenhaven wrote:

Good server to learn to fly in?
An empty one?
greenhaven
+47|6475
Unless I'm trying to dogfight air, that's not going to help much.
Kanye North
randy
+80|6475
download Wake Airshow. its really good, and its unranked.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6743|Oslo, Norway
Single player, or wake airshow, or local.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6637|UK
Oh, for dogfighting?

Just get a j-10 on Wake.

However, that wont teach you much, you just wont die.

Last edited by liquidat0r (2006-10-07 15:51:48)

WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6743|Oslo, Norway

liquidat0r wrote:

Oh, for dogfighting?

Just get a j-10 on Wake.
And read sarg's guide
greenhaven
+47|6475
I read Sarge's guide several times. I'm downloading Wake Airshow right now, will be nice to have plenty of aircraft for all.
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6555
127.0.0.1 is a good server to train anything you want to.
When I started flying, I spent many hours in SP to practice bombing and not dying. After you finished that, grab a J10 to own some noobs. After that, grab a F35b and learn how to dogfight.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6559|UK

Yea airshow is great, and with almost instantanious spawn (I think) you can go get ur vengance straight away!

Or die again but ahh well hehe
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6716|Alaska
download Dogfighter, its a movie that you can learn a lot from,
SGT.Slayero
+98|6475|Life in a vacuum sucks
CaptivA's stunt sever
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6544|Edmonton Alberta
steal the other teams jet...which meens that there will be one less enemy jet in the air
turkeybacon
+50|6455|Dragon Valley
Wake airshow sounds cool, I'm gonna download that too. In single player I practice bombing runs over and over and over again. Try to envision where infantry scatter when you're in a big map. Think of the AA locations in your head and practice bombing runs with a lockon going off in your head. I'm not a good jet pilot, but I bet most of your kills come from bombing runs, not dogfights. Depends on your flying style I guess.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6559|UK

Yes ofcourse, you can spend the entire round tailing a 2 man bomber, or go rape the carrier, simple maths which one you will pay attention to.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6572|British Columbia, Canada

liquidat0r wrote:

Oh, for dogfighting?

Just get a j-10 on Wake.

However, that wont teach you much, you just wont die.
Lies

J-10s worst enemy = Palm Trees
Mad Ad
+178|6521|England, UK
Have a look for some 40 to 64 player wake servers with about 1 to 3 people on it - you can almost guarantee that they are people practicing flying and because the game wont start till theres 8 people on it, any crashes or suicudes wont be put in your stats, you can practice all day - until the server fills up (or empties)
greenhaven
+47|6475
Thanks for the help guys. I played a lot of Wake Airshow tonight, it was great because I got a lot of practice dodging missles. Even took down one guy with just the guns.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6571|Australia, NSW
learn to fly on a low populated wake server (<30 ppl)

this way u'll probably get the jets more, and games seem to flow at a slower pace
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6773

Ducksteina wrote:

127.0.0.1 is a good server to train anything you want to.
I already had that line in mind when I clicked on this thread >.<
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6720|austria
singleplayer!
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
pippin_death
Devon Dweller
+36|6597|Devon, England
TV2 servers have an all jets maps
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6656

Mad Ad wrote:

Have a look for some 40 to 64 player wake servers with about 1 to 3 people on it - you can almost guarantee that they are people practicing flying and because the game wont start till theres 8 people on it, any crashes or suicudes wont be put in your stats, you can practice all day - until the server fills up (or empties)
This here's the best advice ive seen. Although I would recommend there being enough people in there to get the game started. It gives you a better sense of urgency, it that makes any sense.
Mad Ad
+178|6521|England, UK
Thanks, I think for pure practice just one or two people will do- even if you are on the US team, an F35 taxi will get you to the spare J10 for some one on one on an equal footing.

Every now and again the server will fill slowly and the game will start, its up to the individual whether they want to play for real when that happens but if you suck at flying, the game being started or not isnt going to give you skills that you have not aquired yet.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard