ayb
+0|6725|Orlando, FL
i'm so fucking sick of the fucking language filter on almost every fucking server recently. if you're 13 or if you have fucking virgin ears or whatever you shouldn't be fucking playing a war fucking game!!!!! over half of my kicks are from 0 min pb bans because of language.

</rant>
Possum61
+9|6719|Philly PA USA
Amen
chickenmuncher
+2|6721| U.S.A.
Well put possum61, I'm 14 years old, and if a guy wants to say f**k till hes winded, more power to him, it doesn't bother me. I mean when you get mowed down 12+ times in a row like my friend, I don't see why not.
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

well why cant you just play a good game of battlefield without having to bitch at each other?
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6791|Delaware
I fucking think differently. I fucking think that just fucking because every fucking person on this fucking game thinks that they're fucking big and bad doesn't mean they can fucking shout "FUCK" every time they get owned by a fucking tuber.
RadeonII
+1|6745
Hell where I come from the kids swear more then the adults...

and I agree this is a war game people are going to swear a bit. I think PB is going after the wrong crowd
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6779|Marathon, Florida Keys
omg i just spit my coke on the keyboard reading this, rofl
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6725

Haha but you gotta remember it says "game experience may change during online play"...
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Agreed. Any game where you SHOOT PEOPLE should NOT have a language filter. That's just hypocritcally full of bullshit. "Oh no, my poor childs ears! He'll be saying things like 'cunt' and 'motherfucker' while he's out mowing people down with an AK47! That's just unacceptable!"

PB, get a clue. Stop spending time on stupid shit like language filters and concentrate on the important things, ya know that things your software is SUPPOSED TO DO: STOPPING CHEATERS.

That said, if Mr. AdminMan wants to be said hypocrit, he is paying for the server and makes the rules.
=IMO=Ready2Die
Expert Infantryman
+0|6707
Personally, I find the language filter to be a very good thing. Why? Because although I have nothing against swearing in moderation, when someone goes "OMG I JUST PWNED YOU Cunt licking cock sucking mother f*cking N*GGER!!!11ONE!!" it pisses me off. The game is rated T, which means kids WILL be playing it. And even if no kids played it, recial slurs and crap like that is just socially unacceptable and should never be used in any case, even in a war game. So my clans server doesn't warn for most swears, but it will kick for racial slurs. I find that rather fair.

Last edited by =IMO=Ready2Die (2005-11-16 19:24:23)

ayb
+0|6725|Orlando, FL
that i agree with. there's foul language then there's going too far...
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra
well iv never had a prob with it and i swear my fucking ring off!!!!
FourStars
+1|6709|Australia
were aussies, we are expected to swear our sweaty rings off
nating75
+0|6747

ayb wrote:

i'm so fucking sick of the fucking language filter on almost every fucking server recently. if you're 13 or if you have fucking virgin ears or whatever you shouldn't be fucking playing a war fucking game!!!!! over half of my kicks are from 0 min pb bans because of language.

</rant>
I can't imagine why you would be kicked for such a thing.

It does suck you should be able to through an f'bomb here and there. But when you're giving them out like candy nobody really wants to hear that, it truelly does get annoying. I'm not saying you do it, and I'm not saying being annoying is any reason to get kicked.

You're rant was funny though.

Last edited by nating75 (2005-11-16 23:18:57)

^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6769|Long Beach, CA
screw language filters - say it how it is.
Ptfo
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6723
And this will only encourage people to use other words that are supposed to invoke the thought of another word.... like flipping, freaking, or fscking to represent the word fucking.

saw one server today that had the noob filter on... annoying to hell
BudRell
+2|6808|Home

chuyskywalker wrote:

Agreed. Any game where you SHOOT PEOPLE should NOT have a language filter. That's just hypocritcally full of bullshit. "Oh no, my poor childs ears! He'll be saying things like 'cunt' and 'motherfucker' while he's out mowing people down with an AK47! That's just unacceptable!"

PB, get a clue. Stop spending time on stupid shit like language filters and concentrate on the important things, ya know that things your software is SUPPOSED TO DO: STOPPING CHEATERS.

That said, if Mr. AdminMan wants to be said hypocrit, he is paying for the server and makes the rules.
Lol....exactly true.
thinner44
+1|6780
I don't usually swear, but I can see why some folk do. It's expressive, it's to forcefully get your point across. But it can also go too far, so in moderation I'm all for it. This has been said on a previous thread, it's a war game, people are killing people (game), there's going to be the odd FU floating around ... it's also a fact of real life.
AlexDiasTeixeira
+2|6741|Netherlands, The - Rotterdam
How a bout ... Bi tch, as shole, Fu ck yo u ... does that work ?
-=1stInF.|Slappey
+3|6724
"Profanity is simply ignorance made audible."

~St. Bart

Seriously tho, i think if you don't curse all the time, the curse itself has more meaning. If someone says Fuck every 3 seconds, you aren't going to think much of it.
Hr_Amdi
+0|6732|Denmark
I just think it is to weard....you can kill all you pleace without any problem but say the fucking great FUCK word and your kicked...double standard of morality. All in all BF2 is a war game about killing....maybe you dont say fuck and shit in real wars???
-=1stInF.|Slappey
+3|6724

Hr_Amdi wrote:

I just think it is to weard....you can kill all you pleace without any problem but say the fucking great FUCK word and your kicked...double standard of morality. All in all BF2 is a war game about killing....maybe you dont say fuck and shit in real wars???
True, but you also don't have 13 year old kids fighting either. So it is only realistic to a point.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6784
How gives a fuck? (kisses internode servers)
thinner44
+1|6780

-=1stInF.|Slappey wrote:

"Profanity is simply ignorance made audible."

~St. Bart

Seriously tho, i think if you don't curse all the time, the curse itself has more meaning. If someone says Fuck every 3 seconds, you aren't going to think much of it.
Agreed, nicely put

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard