Poll

Do you find it easy to kill with the "TV missiles".

Yes, I find it easy; I like the new controlling method.14%14% - 22
Yes, I find it easy.9%9% - 15
I could learn.22%22% - 34
I could learn, I dont like the controlling method.21%21% - 32
I find it hard, its way to sensitive.32%32% - 49
Total: 152
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6774|EUR
Just wanted to know how the community felt about this, personally I think its a bit too sensitive in reacting.

Please leave a comment.

Last edited by MuseSeeker (2006-10-07 06:27:14)

DrMod
+3|6423|stuck in a asualt pod help!!
how fast does the missle go?
SiL3nC31133
+4|6738
i dunno, i dont really mind the control of the missle rather than the damage... that i do mind... unless they recently changed them they dont even kill tanks in one hit... but the controls are a little iffy, i personally liked them the way they were in bf2... and i understand that they were trying to make a totally new game and all but they coulda stayed with the general idea...
basetballjones
+30|6747
The controls are so much better now IMO.  I used to fire the missile and watch it fly off into the ocean as I tried to guide it towards the intended target,  getting more angry and frustrated with every unregistered mouseclick..  Pilots would line me up dead center, and the shot would still fall short or veer left for whatever ignorant reason.

Now, I am a fucking killing machine with a good pilot behind me,  firing TV's at things I only see on the minimap(out of view distance) and making the kill 80% of the time.  The controls are more responsive and I appreciate the sensitive nature of the guidance system now, as it makes it not only viable, but commonplace to take out ground and air defense station at 1/4 of the time it takes to minigun them.

The only two downsides to TV missile I have found:
1- the reload/misfire bug, that sometimes leaves you facing a tungaska while you just sit there with your dick in your hand.

2. Shorter range means my pilot can't hover over our helipad while I guide missiles across the map at reconoitered objectives..  Solo TV is also a closer range sport now as well, but I'd rather have a competent pilot anyday.

Edit-  I didn't realize we were talking about 2142.. this is going to take time getting used to a completely seperate BF2 with common weapons/kits/etc.

Last edited by basetballjones (2006-10-07 06:43:15)

MuseSeeker
+110|6774|EUR
Yeah I guess its much easier to turn now. Hitting is the problem for me.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6589|Your attic
Well I've just been flown around for a few rounds, there not easy, and I don't think you'll be seeing people hitting enemy aircraft/helicopters with the frequency you did with BF2 for a while. But they're not as bad as they where with the beta, they bring a mech down to about 1/4 health with a hit to the top, I suspect if you hit the legs it'd go down in one, tanks and APC's appear to die in one hit as well.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6525|Singapore
its too darn sensitive...or is it just me?
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6589|Your attic

jkohlc wrote:

G5 + lowest sensitivity makes it partially usable, they'll take a whole load of getting used to though.
alphatarget
+3|6529
That Jones kid is a Fucking Lying Retard. It's ridiculious, they virtually made it impossible to hit anything no matter how much practice u have.

*EDIT* Just read your last sentence so no offense.

Last edited by alphatarget (2006-10-07 09:45:35)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
I like them the same as in BF2
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6704|Antarctica
I don't like it but I think ppl will get good with them eventually.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6533|Edmonton Alberta
my clanmate actually killed a mech with it while i was flying.... i was so damn surprised anybody could hit anything with it... way too sensitiveafter then initial half a second where its kinda going slow
MuseSeeker
+110|6774|EUR
agreed.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK
I prefer bf2 TV missiles.
Spyder228
+1|6444
I can't seem to get a freaking competent pilot.  Everytime I get in the idiot uses it a transport and bails.
zeidmaan
+234|6413|Vienna

BF2 TV missles were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to good. It was too easy to take out sam sites. But now you have 10 rockets as pilot.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6683|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
well its almost done 67% then i amn playing it all night long
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Tushers wrote:

well its almost done 67% then i amn playing it all night long
Save your time.  2142 sucks ass.
burton
+9|6418|Da Bay, California
yes i agree the tv missles are wayyyyy too hard. But you guys are being too harsh. The demos been out for 2 days. plus, u cant judge the game by how its going in the demo. Theres just so much more to do in the game its not comparable to demo play. Get the game when it comes out and give it a couple of weeks. You will probably like it.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada
I Still cant steer themfor shit...

anyone been successful now that the game has been out for a while.
MuseSeeker
+110|6774|EUR
I'm happy that its simple to hit a ground target Im just sad that hitting a moving air vehichle is a whole different story
Salgurdar
+6|6388|Melbourne, Australia

jkohlc wrote:

Not just you, I agree. I got my first TV missile kill today, and I've gunned for a number of really good pilots. I've only fired maybe 15-20 missiles in total because I find it so damn hard to control the missile. I mean where's the camera mounted? Is it a secondary missile that chases the initial one? Because it seems to be....And there also seems to be a slight delay to the change in flight path of the missile, which, added to the sensitivity of the thing, makes it all but impossible to guide.

Last edited by Salgurdar (2006-11-01 14:01:03)

Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6749|the middle of nowhere
Freaking hard.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6635|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Way to sensitive. I put my diamondback on its lowest DPI and it was still hard. Ive manage to take out about 2 tanks in the whole time ive had the game. As said, its getting used too.
pete123456
+0|6496

Towelly wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

G5 + lowest sensitivity makes it partially usable, they'll take a whole load of getting used to though.
I can change the sensitivity once in-game (up or down, i play with middle ) and it gets locked to that, cant change it back..this only happens in 2142 :<

Have you had this happen to you?
Thanks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard