Aenima_Eyes
+20|6650
Ok, I was sitting around in class bored out of my mind today and started thinking about this.  If Dubya is such a bad President, why hasn't someone tried to off him yet?  I mean there was someone to assassinate both Kennedy brothers. . .Ronald Reagan got some bullets in him. . .hell, even Gerald Ford, one of the most unassuming and uncontroversial Presidents in the history of the USA, had two attempts on his life.  So, with all these other Presidents that were no where near as villified as Bush, why hasn't someone tried to take him down?  If he's "the devil" and "Hitler" and so bad why hasn't some wacko like Shipbuilder, Bubbalo, or IronChef whipped out the deer rifle and tried taking him out?

Personally, I dislike Bush and many of the things he's done in office.  I wish he'd spend hundreds of billions of dollars on kicking the illegal aliens out of my great state and securing the border.  However, I don't believe he's as bad as the media and left wingers make him out to be.  He's too dumb to be THAT bad and evil.  My theory is that each future President is going to have to deal with being hated more and more.  Here's a few reasons why I think that:

1.  The population is growing at a rapid rate.  Thus, there are going to be more people in your own party who like you and your policies, but there will also be a lot more people on the OTHER side that dislike you and your ideas.

2.  The media is growing and becoming some freakish entity that not only reports the news, but generates it as well.  With the rise of mass media we've gone from people like Walter Cronkite to Bill O'Reilly, Dan Rather, Chris Matthews, and a slew of entertainment reporters.  Things that would have never seen the light of day in past times are now reported on daily.  Also, things have a much bigger chance to get blown out of proportion and politicized now that ratings hungry media has so much power.

So, if each new President is going to face more and more intense scrutiny and be disliked by an ever growing number of people. . .is the chance of them being knocked off greater?  I figured someone would have done ole' Dubya in by now. . .but there hasn't even been a false alarm yet!
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6652
Because the only people who ever pull off a presidential assassinations all work for the secret service?
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

Was dubya elected on an even year?

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-10-06 16:59:12)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6708|Wilmington, DE, US
1. Cheney would replace him
2. At this point it wouldn't accomplish much, and if he's so dumb and all that, which I believe some of the time and not at others, is he really worth, you know? (I AIN'T TYPING IT CIA AIN'T GOT SHIT ON ME)
3. Good way to be an unperson
IRONCHEF
+385|6489|Northern California
Dude, the nuts that would do the offing are all in his party.  The opposition to Bush are all educated, well spoken, sane, rational, and patriotic people who prefer law and order.  But who knows, evil CAN beget evil...

But seriously, i'm expecting no good presidents going forward.  Who would run for president if they actually had integrity?  Who would want to be ruined by false press (swift boaters), lies, and relentless character attacks?

I'm not in either party, but I'd think Mit Romney, Wes Clark, Barrack Obama, pre-2002 Colin Powell, and some other great people would be good...but they'll never put up with US democracy.  US democracy is a failing process and that's why it's ridiculed around the world.  It used to be worthy of praise..but we're no different than the rabble governments now who have corrupt elections and such.  Money is what matters.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6652
Yeah, I'd go with him being more likely to be shot by a right wing looney for not being extreme enough than someone on the left side of the spectrum.  Kennedy was left of centre and got (allegedly) shot by a leftie, didn't he?
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6544
Some guy threw a hand grenade at him at a speech but it didn't go off.

Found it: http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07 … index.html

Last edited by iNeedUrFace4Soup (2006-10-06 17:13:00)

https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
PHPR Hunter
+4|6536

IRONCHEF wrote:

The opposition to Bush are all educated, well spoken, sane, rational, and patriotic people who prefer law and order.
Puhhhleease
ts-pulsar
+54|6501

PHPR Hunter wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

The opposition to Bush are all educated, well spoken, sane, rational, and patriotic people who prefer law and order.
Puhhhleease
Yeah, I almost spit my drink out my nose when I read that.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

People arn't as idealistic as they were, even in the eighties. Also, the president is harder to get to, at least with a gun.
The most relevent point has been already mentioned - Cheney would replace him. No-one wants that.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
Someone tried to kill him with a grenade. It never went off and the attempted assassin is in jail.

Forgot his name though...
jonsimon
+224|6494
They don't off the bad ones, they off the good ones. Get it straight.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6518|Πάϊ

jonsimon wrote:

lol qfe

And those that eventually didn't die probably orchestrated their own assassination to gain sympathy. 

Plus those who 'd like to kill George are good people and wouldn't do it in the end

Plus Cheney would replace him and nobody wants that

Last edited by oug (2006-10-06 22:47:40)

ƒ³
dubbs
+105|6630|Lexington, KY

King_County_Downy wrote:

Was dubya elected on an even year?
Downy, if you are thinking of what I am thinking about is the Presidental Curse, where every 20 years a
President is cursed to die.  To answer your question, every president is elected on an even year.  Clinton was elected in '92 and '96, Bush Sr. '88, Regan '80 and '88.  They all take office in the odd year the follows, ie '93.
BVC
+325|6694
Theres probably more security these days than in JFK's day.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6560
Because unlike Conservatives we feel that the law should be followed, regardless of whether it helps or hinders, unless the law itself is flawed/illegal/inhumane/immoral.

That and I'm too busy to take a trip to America, or learn how to fire a rifle.  I could probable take him out with a bow, though.
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6642|United States - Illinois
Its zero years that the Presidents have died in office

And yes Bush was elected in 2000 (so technically he should die in office)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Year_Curse

Reagan broke it though
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Because the only people who ever pull off a presidential assassinations all work for the secret service?
John Wilkes Booth was an actor.

...hmm.

jonsimon wrote:

James A. Garfield isn't considered one of the huge greats.

IRONCHEF wrote:

Then how come many liberals (used in relation to opposition of Bush) I argue with either have some sort of minor speech impediment, or can't spell for shit?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-07 04:19:08)

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6576|Florida

PHPR Hunter wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Puhhhleease
Because we all know Kerry was quite the crack up guy.

And as for the grenade attempt, I dont think the president was in any real danger. According to this part....

CNN wrote:

The grenade was tossed within 100 feet (30 meters) of the podium where Bush, Georgia President Mikhail Saakashvili and other officials were protected by bulletproof glass.

Last edited by {BMF}*Frank_The_Tank (2006-10-07 04:22:49)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6560

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Then how come many liberals (used in relation to opposition of Bush) I argue with either have some sort of minor speech impediment, or can't spell for shit?
Tis is BF2 if u can speel propperly, u hav noe plase hear.  Dipeshiet.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6652

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

John Wilkes Booth was an actor.
And that proves he wasn't a tool of some shady government agency?  Confessions of a Dangerous Mind? 
SGT.Slayero
+98|6464|Life in a vacuum sucks
who f***ing cares!!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina
The only reason Dubya is still there is because the Establishment is getting richer, and they don't give a shit for the people in Iraq, Afghanistan or even America.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

It's the internet.  I'm afraid drawing your opinion on liberals you see on the internet will give you bad judgement.  Same with neo-cons, I guess.  If you actually go out there and meet the educated, well spoken, sane, rational, and patriotic liberals who are working their asses off in the name of justice, you'll get a slightly better picture.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command

sergeriver wrote:

The only reason Dubya is still there is because the Establishment is getting richer, and they don't give a shit for the people in Iraq, Afghanistan or even America.
Puuullleeezzze.

Its like when Clinton got reelected.

Clinton was an ass but, really, everybody was getting what they wanted so they put up a halfassed guy who has little chance; Bob Dole.

For all the bitching and shit the democrat talk about Bush if they were serious about beating him they wouldn't have put up a buffoon like John Kerry.

Bush is funding more liberal programs than Clinton did. The guy has not turned down any spending bills whatsoever. Kinda like the hippy stoner Clinton made the drug laws harsher. Who would have thought?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard