JohnTx12
Stand still I need to shoot you
+44|6519|Plano,Texas
Ok whenever someone calls I always lose connection. Have any ides why it is doing that?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6695
do u have digital phone?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6629|UK
Calls?

Xfire? VOIP? Skype?
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6635|USA
A. digital Phone? B. 56k dial-up connection? C. wireless?
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6683|S.E. United States
lose the dsl or the,no,you couldnt have 56k,but lose dsl  and go with cable...if you have dsl? if you have cable and thats happening,well,it is close to halloween...

*btw,I know there's posts on the subject,but anyone else pissed with the "connecting to account server" lock up,I wanted to get a few rounds in  tonite dammit !!

Last edited by KillerYaNk (2006-10-05 18:21:40)

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6635|USA
DSL would have nothing to do with it. DSL is the shit. DSL doesnt run on a phone cable.
JohnTx12
+44|6519|Plano,Texas

Superior Mind wrote:

do u have digital phone?
No
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6728
I used to get this at my old home, with a wireless phone on the same frequency as my wireless internet.
JohnTx12
+44|6519|Plano,Texas

liquidat0r wrote:

Calls?

Xfire? VOIP? Skype?
what are you talking about?
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6560
The same exact thing happens to me! I have dsl, and every time the phone line is picked up, it cuts my internet connection.
Brasso
+1,549|6632

It's called SBC Yahoo DSL.  I know, and it sucks.  Thank god I have Cablevision cable now, but now I have wireless.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
JohnTx12
+44|6519|Plano,Texas
I think that its something with the filters with DSL or something.
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6683|S.E. United States

Naughty_Om wrote:

DSL would have nothing to do with it. DSL is the shit. DSL doesnt run on a phone cable.
well centurytel dsl "SUCKED" so I went with cable and IMO cables the shit !!!!
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6488|Melbourne

Had the exact same problem:
Fix:
Attached Filters to all your phone points on the wall or at the phone. 

The noise coming down the Phone line is cuasing you connection to drop.  if you are using wireless upgreade to 5.62GHz

Do you have a cordless phone?
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
JohnTx12
+44|6519|Plano,Texas
yes
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6700

JohnTx12 wrote:

Ok whenever someone calls I always lose connection. Have any ides why it is doing that?
Yeah, I need your number, and your X-Fire so that I may destroy your BF2 life.
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6741|Norcal, usa
well i have att dsl, yahoo, same thing, and this problem doesn't occur. Actually this premium dsl is twice as cheap and just as fast in comparison to comcast cable, only problem is that i can't steal extended cable.
JohnTx12
+44|6519|Plano,Texas

PspRpg-7 wrote:

JohnTx12 wrote:

Yeah, I need your number, and your X-Fire so that I may destroy your BF2 life.
lol
R3v4n
+433|6488|Melbourne

How many phone connection points do you have?

i.e. phone line wall sockets
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6507|Alabama, United States

Naughty_Om wrote:

Rofl.
Looks like he did alot of study on DSL before he made that post.

Anyway, Potential problems:
Most cordless phones broadcast a broad-spectrum blast when you get a phone call so that phones on any of the different channels will get the ring; this can disrupt your wireless signal if you use wireless.

A few more possibilities are either:
A) You have a WEAK signal on your DSL line, either due to a short in wiring in your house, or bad wiring outside your house, etc.
B) You don't have filters on all your phone lines that you have phones connected to. This can cause major DSL signal degredation.

Last edited by Hellfire(Fish) (2006-10-05 18:57:00)

R3v4n
+433|6488|Melbourne

Hellfire(Fish) wrote:

B) You don't have filters on all your phone lines that you have phones connected to. This can cause major DSL signal degredation.
Thats the big one right there!

Get more filters, or replace the ones you have now.
High Spirit
+5|6574|Canada, Eh?

Naughty_Om wrote:

DSL is phone lines... You must be thinking of cable.
High Spirit
+5|6574|Canada, Eh?

=JoD=Corithus wrote:

The same exact thing happens to me! I have dsl, and every time the phone line is picked up, it cuts my internet connection.
You have a bad/missing DSL filter on your line somewhere...
golgoj4
+51|6776|North Hollywood

haffeysucks wrote:

It's called SBC Yahoo DSL.  I know, and it sucks.  Thank god I have Cablevision cable now, but now I have wireless.
Or maybe u didnt install it right? i've had it for years. Those filters and other phones on the line have a serious impact on the connection sometimes. Im just sayin, i recieve phone calls and faxes on the same line my dsl comes through. Check all the jacks and make sure they are filtered. If u are using a wireless setup, like people above me said, check to see if the interference from a cordless phone is the issue. Even when it rings it can mess u up.

my 2cents

ive had sbc yahoo att clusterfuck whatever for about 4 years now and it has worked fine. Better than cable compared to my friends.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6525|Little blue planet, milky way
Substandard filters used with DSL will usually cause this.
Essentially, when the phone "rings", the carrier signal "bleeds" over into the DSL signal, and this confuses your "modem".

There are ofcourse ways to fix this:

1) Take the phone off the hook before starting a game ! Not very practical, but it will work
2) Get a new DSL filter
3) Get a dediated carrier line for your DSL feed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard