Poll

Should schoolteachers carry guns?

Yes18%18% - 39
No81%81% - 172
Total: 211
GATOR591957
+84|6619
My opinion is no.  That's why guards at prison don't carry them.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15142930/?GT1=8618
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
Then they could shoot kids who don't do homework.
l41e
+677|6641

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Then I'd be in the hospital right now. So no.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6583|Your attic
Yes, giving yet more guns to yet more people is the obvious solution

/sarcasm
zer0fus10n
+14|6504
Your fucking stupid.
Doktorbob
+26|6480
I believe they should ,,,,  I know that I do!!!  I even have a "throw away" in case there is trouble with the students and I need to shoot one of em!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina
They should carry a helmet and bulletproof clothes.

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-10-05 16:03:23)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6512|Πάϊ

k30dxedle wrote:

If you were my student you'd be 6 feet under.
edit: yes, I voted yes

Last edited by oug (2006-10-05 16:05:09)

ƒ³
MECtallica
+73|6497|jalalabad
Lol, if teachers get guns I'm DEFINATELY dropping out. Some teachers can really crack
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6623|Washington, DC

MECtallica wrote:

Lol, if teachers get guns I'm DEFINATELY dropping out. Some teachers can really crack
I'll say. Today a teacher of mine assigned a test on the book we've been reading for tomorrow because none of us could answer a question =S
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina

MECtallica wrote:

And some teachers smoke crack, imagine them carrying a gun.
IRONCHEF
+385|6483|Northern California
How about armed uniformed guards then?  Or is the idea of arming anyone in an educational environment counterproductive?  I think so.  Metal detectors already prove that point.  Feeling like you're in a prison doesn't help the educational juices flow.

The solution isn't in reactionary measures, it's in preventative measures.  Before the kid leaves his/her home, they gotta want to go to school to learn..not solve personal issues or whack someone.  The family enviornment is the ONLY solution for this and probably 99% of all the world's problems.  If people are coming out of broken homes....then you're going to get a jacked up society.  But then me wishing for good homes is like a beauty pageant contestant wishing for whirled peas...
Brasso
+1,549|6623

Um....no?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6743|Chicago.
No. End of Story.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
Well if they do what is stopping a kid from stealing them and going on a rampage? That would cause shootings (or attempted ones) to rise because a gun would be alot easier to aquire.
TheLostOne
+11|6505

k30dxedle wrote:

The hospital couldn't help me. It'd be like 6 fully loaded miniguns worth of ammunititon had been used on me.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

I think the best solution would be that during school, for elementary and high schools, there should only be one door that is unlocked from the outside.  If anyone needs to come in they need a key or has to enter through the front door where it would be easy to see if they have weapons etc...  Even if it is a minor nuisance, I would prefer that to being shot.

Opinions?
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6675|The Lou
i say no, they should carry Batons, https://www.safecity.nsw.edu.au/aspairlar.jpg

my brother has one, lol.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

No, unless we're willing to send teachers through law enforcement school, and even then there's no guarantee (hark the professional agent who shot himself in the foot during a demonstration).

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I think the best solution would be that during school, for elementary and high schools, there should only be one door that is unlocked from the outside.  If anyone needs to come in they need a key or has to enter through the front door where it would be easy to see if they have weapons etc...  Even if it is a minor nuisance, I would prefer that to being shot.

Opinions?
Unlocked from the inside, you mean? Still not going to stop a kid from entering a playground through or over a fence.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-05 16:34:01)

Brasso
+1,549|6623

TheLostOne wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

The hospital couldn't help me. It'd be like 6 fully loaded miniguns worth of ammunititon had been used on me.
Because.....?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
eagles1106
+269|6576|Marlton, New Jersey.
No, but schools should have higher security.  Call me crazy, but to stop the people like the Columbine fuckers, you require people to walk through and put all metal items in a bin, put their backpacks through those xrays along with the bins, and walk through a metal dectector just like airports.  Sure, it will take more time, but it will stop the mourning families who lost their family member to some fucking pyschopatch kids.

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-10-05 16:37:38)

Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6743|the middle of nowhere
No.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Another preventative measure is to take a harsher (and more observant) stance against bullies. I know being picked on doesn't justify issuing death penalties, but tougher rules against such behavior would help. Alot of times, bullies have things timed to where they won't do anything unless nobody's looking. And once they act, the noise will attract the attention of an authority figure, who will only catch some kid hitting back. Guess who gets in trouble?

Also, families need to keep a tighter grip on their weapons. Absent-minded business dads accidentally leaving .38's lying around is a bad sign.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-05 16:41:21)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6758|Cambridge (UK)
Another preventative measure would be to not have the right to bear arms written into the constitution.

But I come from a country where that's not the case and I can't remember the last time some kid shot their classmates in this country, so what would I know.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
Schools already have police officers assigned to them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard